Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
We don't put up a tree. Seems my cats enjoyed it more than we did. The same goes for the nativity scene. Last time we put it up one of the wise men ended up in the cats water bowl and we never did find one of the sheep! So for the decorations sake we stopped decorating.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Can we side track it already? :) guys, cats and christmas trees. Tricky business. Suggestions? I'm not putting it up this year sick of trampled decorations and rushed trips to the vet. What do you do?

Yes, it is the season that can be a bit hazardous for our furry friends, not to mention frustration for ourselves. Just me and Zelda at home, so I do not decorate. Just set the Philips Hue lighting to a Xmas theme, put on seasonal music and play the burning log screen saver on the TV.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yes, it is the season that can be a bit hazardous for our furry friends, not to mention frustration for ourselves. Just me and Zelda at home, so I do not decorate. Just set the Philips Hue lighting to a Xmas theme, put on seasonal music and play the burning log screen saver on the TV.
More or less the same here. I used to build a small one high on a shelf but they managed to get up there too. These are young, Frodo is 8 but still manages to jump up high and Mithrandir is 5. They get up.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
More or less the same here. I used to build a small one high on a shelf but they managed to get up there too. These are young, Frodo is 8 but still manages to jump up high and Mithrandir is 5. They get up.

I have a small, shelf type fake tree packed away. Zelda wasn’t interested it in per say, but she did like to brush up against it, constantly knocking it over. So don’t bother with it anymore. However with Xmas lights….it was full attack. Chewin’, pulling, swatting them. They do not stand a chance!

Luv those names, Frodo and Mithrandir. Post pics pls!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
We don't put up a tree. Seems my cats enjoyed it more than we did. The same goes for the nativity scene. Last time we put it up one of the wise men ended up in the cats water bowl and we never did find one of the sheep! So for the decorations sake we stopped decorating.
Haven't had a nativity since I was a child! naughty cats!

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Haven't had a nativity since I was a child! naughty cats!

Cats are cats. Us humanz must comply to their rules.

Fitting....
8cba2af6d67a212f521d5f3964d030b0--christmas-cats-christmas-trees.jpg

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I think this thread is a great idea. I can talk about tomatoes and cats again. Who knew they were a taboo subject to the majority of vapers? :p
Just as my Fall tomatoes are getting big enough, I’m not getting enough warm days for them to start to ripen. Hate making fried green tomatoes out of heirlooms, but that’s what it’s looking like.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Just as my Fall tomatoes are getting big enough, I’m not getting enough warm days for them to start to ripen. Hate making fried green tomatoes out of heirlooms, but that’s what it’s looking like.
Fried green tomatoes are one of lifes true pleasures though. That was one of the main reasons I wanted to grow them for. Hardly anyone here even knows what fried green tomatoes are. Sigh

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Try wrapping them in newspaper and put in a cool place, check weekly. Don't seal the container, we just use opened cardboard boxes.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Fried green tomatoes are one of lifes true pleasures though. That was one of the main reasons I wanted to grow them for. Hardly anyone here even knows what fried green tomatoes are. Sigh
One of my favorite movies! Watched it the other night.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I’m going to top them with boiled shrimp and remoulade sauce. Non nom nom

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Try wrapping them in newspaper and put in a cool place, check weekly. Don't seal the container, we just use opened cardboard boxes.
They haven’t even gotten a hint of blush sadly. It was too hot this Fall for the blossoms to set until late. Christmas is usually the last of the fruit off this crop anyway.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Now you're just being cruel. I'm having leftover chicken tonight :(
You have time ;), they’re still on the bushes. And, I won’t get shrimp until this weekend when we go fishing. I mean, Tx is just right next door!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
They haven’t even gotten a hint of blush sadly. It was too hot this Fall for the blossoms to set until late. Christmas is usually the last of the fruit off this crop anyway.
They'll still turn, just won't be as sweet. Mom always made me pick and wrap the green tomatoes. The firmer ones she fried green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread