The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Shiny After Hours Chat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Letitia, Dec 13, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NolaMel

NolaMel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I’ll give it a try then :). But you have to be the one to tell @Blitzdonlife there aren’t going to be fried green maters on the menu this weekend. Must say, the thought of one last homegrown tomato sandwich is enough to spur me on!

• Love Love x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Blitzdonlife

Blitzdonlife Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I replied hopeful, as in a bittersweet hope. Just bread and fry em' already (rumble, goes my stomach in agreement). Off to eat some leftover chicken (grumble, grumble).
    :)

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    That’s a mainstay at our house. Cat is the only one who gets excited for the leftovers. For a 20 lb kitty, she’s oddly uninterested in food.... except chicken. We think that’s what her first humans must have fed her. I made Himself chicken fingers for the game last week, and she actually got up off my bed and came to the den to try and coax a bite or two away.

• Love Love x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Maybe it’s because it’s late, but this made me laugh. Perhaps those with Christmas tree climbing cats could decorate this instead? Comes complete with multiple cat perches 96C6FD53-EF6F-4349-8F84-F9C80CA4E1D8.jpeg

• Love Love x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Blitzdonlife

Supporting member
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Skunk!

Skunk! Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas

• Love Love x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Blitzdonlife

Supporting member
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Alcatraz approves.

• Love Love x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ricky Vapes

Ricky Vapes Super Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Haha
    haha not quite as pretty

I know my mother would cry if I brought home that this year. We have this new fake one at least right now I got from Walmart after ours just bent right at the bottom and broke. At least nome or my animals Can climb haha

image.jpg

• Love Love x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Opinionated

Opinionated ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    What on earth happened? I'm gone for a couple of days and this?

Well.. am I invited to this thread?

At least I won't have to feel bad about posting in the shiny thread when I'm buying nothing.. :( but it's sad to see the thread change..

• Love Love x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    I figure a lot will creep back up into the general forum thread. But this does look like a great place for cat and other critter pics. But it’ll mean more scrolling through for me if I intend to stay caught up. Not as much fun as reading everything like in the general forum thread.

Besides I don’t want to miss an episode of Stevie.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Opinionated

Opinionated ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I don't normally post animal pictures. I guess with no vape gear and sans animal pics, I'm kind of a third wheel these days regardless.. lol

• Love Love x 10
  12. Eskie

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Nah. I’m more lurker as no pets for me now. Any photos I have are old ones of pups no longer here.

• Love Love x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Possum64

Possum64 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    IMG_0399.JPG I found you lot! I don't post often in the Shiny thread but I do read it almost every day. Love catching up on what everyone is doing.

Here is a photo of my Ivy - normally a long haired German Shepherd - with her summer hair cut. She looks a bit ridiculous (not that I would ever tell her that!) but with our summer heat it is much kinder for her. At 9 years of age she deserves comfort in her twilight years!

• Love Love x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Possum64

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    IMG_0165.JPG

And here is Ivy with her long hair!

• Love Love x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Eskie

May 6, 2016
    NY
    She’s a beauty!

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Possum64

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thank you! She is a lovely lady for sure. Yet another rescue dog :wub: I can't believe some people can be so cruel - or stupid. I got her when she was about 2 years of age. She took a bit of training but she has become a delightful dog.

• Love Love x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I agree. The local pounds are really proactive here though. They work closely with rescues. They post all the new pets to social medial, and stuff like that. Lots of community involvement.

He was a beautiful dog. I’m so glad it all worked out. Usually, I get lucky and they work out, even if I have to be rather more accommodating than I’d have thought.

There are breeds that I steer clear of because I know they just won’t be a good fit for me - hounds, high energy working dogs.

The only one who I had to regime I adopted under the pretense he was a Doberman mix. Which he was, but the mix part turned out to be Black and Tan. Had I known that, I never would have done it. Stubborn, resentful, aggressive... he was terribly smart and very handsome. He could learn anything, but he did not like to be told what to do, where to be. Never answered to his name. I gave him to an ex marine who had a small farm and wanted a hunting companion.

I miss having a big dog, but it’s just not a good idea now. They get sick, they get hurt, and I’m not strong enough to carry them to the car. I can’t have any pet I can’t physically care for

• Love Love x 10
  18. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    57BDC007-37D8-48D9-B6B4-4C1BEC9AB734.jpeg 9B2272D0-CDBF-4C00-8C27-ABA79C1DB359.jpeg

Georgia was due for shots, and Rudy for a 6 months wellness check. He’s doing really well all things considered.

• Love Love x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight CF Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    I'm personally happy about the new thread. I mostly just want the bunny updates and some general chit chat, so separating them will hopefully keep my wallet happy. You shinies have enabled me far too often already :lol:

As for decorations, I'll post some pics later from work. The lodge is gorgeous with lights and various decorations :):angel:

• Love Love x 14
  20. Possum64

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    So gorgeous. Look at them smiling!

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Love Love x 1