Status
Not open for further replies.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
They'll still turn, just won't be as sweet. Mom always made me pick and wrap the green tomatoes. The firmer ones she fried green.
I’ll give it a try then :). But you have to be the one to tell @Blitzdonlife there aren’t going to be fried green maters on the menu this weekend. Must say, the thought of one last homegrown tomato sandwich is enough to spur me on!

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
I’ll give it a try then :). But you have to be the one to tell @Blitzdonlife there aren’t going to be fried green maters on the menu this weekend. Must say, the thought of one last homegrown tomato sandwich is enough to spur me on!
I replied hopeful, as in a bittersweet hope. Just bread and fry em' already (rumble, goes my stomach in agreement). Off to eat some leftover chicken (grumble, grumble).
:)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I replied hopeful, as in a bittersweet hope. Just bread and fry em' already (rumble, goes my stomach in agreement). Off to eat some leftover chicken (grumble, grumble).
:)
That’s a mainstay at our house. Cat is the only one who gets excited for the leftovers. For a 20 lb kitty, she’s oddly uninterested in food.... except chicken. We think that’s what her first humans must have fed her. I made Himself chicken fingers for the game last week, and she actually got up off my bed and came to the den to try and coax a bite or two away.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Maybe it’s because it’s late, but this made me laugh. Perhaps those with Christmas tree climbing cats could decorate this instead? Comes complete with multiple cat perches
96C6FD53-EF6F-4349-8F84-F9C80CA4E1D8.jpeg

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
Haha
Maybe it’s because it’s late, but this made me laugh. Perhaps those with Christmas tree climbing cats could decorate this instead? Comes complete with multiple cat perches View attachment 857889
haha not quite as pretty

I know my mother would cry if I brought home that this year. We have this new fake one at least right now I got from Walmart after ours just bent right at the bottom and broke. At least nome or my animals Can climb haha

image.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I figure a lot will creep back up into the general forum thread. But this does look like a great place for cat and other critter pics. But it’ll mean more scrolling through for me if I intend to stay caught up. Not as much fun as reading everything like in the general forum thread.

Besides I don’t want to miss an episode of Stevie.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I don't normally post animal pictures. I guess with no vape gear and sans animal pics, I'm kind of a third wheel these days regardless.. lol

Nah. I’m more lurker as no pets for me now. Any photos I have are old ones of pups no longer here.

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
IMG_0399.JPG
I found you lot! I don't post often in the Shiny thread but I do read it almost every day. Love catching up on what everyone is doing.

Here is a photo of my Ivy - normally a long haired German Shepherd - with her summer hair cut. She looks a bit ridiculous (not that I would ever tell her that!) but with our summer heat it is much kinder for her. At 9 years of age she deserves comfort in her twilight years!

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Rescue is great but here pound and rescue shelters are very different things. Pound dogs don't have nearly as good odds getting a new home.:(

I agree. The local pounds are really proactive here though. They work closely with rescues. They post all the new pets to social medial, and stuff like that. Lots of community involvement.
I, unfortunately, did not do that. After empty nesting for a couple of years I wanted a dog. It had been 10 years since I had to put my Pomeranian to sleep (old age). I wanted a big fluffy dog.
I got my guy from the local shelter before I was volunteering there and did not really know the folks. He was at a high kill shelter (space killing) and needed someone. I went to meet him and he was calm and nice and sat with me. I loved his look. (Yes, just like with both husbands I went for "the look" View attachment 857737
I went back the next day and got him. I named him Cooper. Took him straight for a groom. The next day he started throwing up. day after that ......... Took him to the vet. Yes Cooper had Parvo.
My vet felt he could save him if I had him hospitalized. I did that. I paid his $1,500 bill and took him home. He started coughing. Back to the vet, hospitalized again for kennel cough. I paid the bill and home we went. He was feeling better. Much better. Chased the cats. Jumped the fence. Went under the fence. I was 24/7 dealing with Cooper. The reason he was calm when I met him was because he was sick. I had to accept that Cooper was not the dog for me. The cats were begging me to accept that. I turned to a friend that had a Rescue. She would take him into her rescue if I would foster him.
View attachment 857739
Cooper came home with me 2 times after adoption day and had to be in a kennel. I bought a huge one so he would be comfortable. He got adopted on the 3rd adoption day by a soldier that came home from Afganistan and wanted a high energy dog to take hiking. He sent me this picture of he and Cooper and I was thrilled to know Cooper was still wearing his leather collar with silver buffalo nickels I had made him.
View attachment 857741
I then went in search of my next dog and found Daphne. The couch potato and cat fosterer.
View attachment 857743
It is important to choose the right dog for yourself. Cooper was my very expensive lesson in that.

He was a beautiful dog. I’m so glad it all worked out. Usually, I get lucky and they work out, even if I have to be rather more accommodating than I’d have thought.

There are breeds that I steer clear of because I know they just won’t be a good fit for me - hounds, high energy working dogs.

The only one who I had to regime I adopted under the pretense he was a Doberman mix. Which he was, but the mix part turned out to be Black and Tan. Had I known that, I never would have done it. Stubborn, resentful, aggressive... he was terribly smart and very handsome. He could learn anything, but he did not like to be told what to do, where to be. Never answered to his name. I gave him to an ex marine who had a small farm and wanted a hunting companion.

I miss having a big dog, but it’s just not a good idea now. They get sick, they get hurt, and I’m not strong enough to carry them to the car. I can’t have any pet I can’t physically care for

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I'm personally happy about the new thread. I mostly just want the bunny updates and some general chit chat, so separating them will hopefully keep my wallet happy. You shinies have enabled me far too often already :lol:

As for decorations, I'll post some pics later from work. The lodge is gorgeous with lights and various decorations :):angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread