Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Are you in tc mode?
Of course not lolz those are kanthal coils :p
These holiday sales don't help much either... getting bombarded with sale emails and trying hard to just delete them without opening them. Only need a couple items this weekend so going to try my best to stick within a budget. :blink:
this is why i don't sub to newsletter on vape sites :p Less temptation

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
One thing i know is i won't diy my own juice (too hard to even find the supplies and the nicotine in canada and i rather not mess around with chemicals food grade or not)

It's not hard to find Diy supplies, just expensive. Have a look a Senate Bill S5 and make your own decisions. I happily buy my juice and blister pack my coils but I am prepared.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, Shinyitis is real, LOL. It *can* be treated, for example I am NOT going to tell Robino1 that I have the Kabuki in titanium and it is my favorite thing besides my steampunk... No one say anything, LOL.

I do find it can be combatted and I refuse to impulse buy anymore, even it's rare, going out of stock, whatever. I am returning to my STRICT guidelines of only rewarding myself for major milestones and my next one is 6 months! Finding some stable vapes I enjoy really helped me out with that. I love what I have, I can vape until I die, probably, with supplies I have here, even if they get harder to obtain later, so I don't "need" anything, I actually have my eye on the Vandy vape beserker tank, it looks great. It will still be there once I turn 6 mo old, and I'm sure the price point will have diminished.... I was able to watch a Von Earl tank disappear into the distance yesterday without purchasing it, LOL, and even though it was Oh So Cheap, that's almost worse for me, as those "inexpensive" items add up...

So, I fight off the urges with MIGHTY EFFORT, LOL. I really think I will be fine if I don't own multiple copies of everything in existence. :)

Glad you are enjoying your stuff, QC! It gets easier, really it does. Though I stay away from 19 page threads about how great a new "insert whatever" is, or try to...

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Yes, Shinyitis is real, LOL. It *can* be treated, for example I am NOT going to tell Robino1 that I have the Kabuki in titanium and it is my favorite thing besides my steampunk... No one say anything, LOL.

I do find it can be combatted and I refuse to impulse buy anymore, even it's rare, going out of stock, whatever. I am returning to my STRICT guidelines of only rewarding myself for major milestones and my next one is 6 months! Finding some stable vapes I enjoy really helped me out with that. I love what I have, I can vape until I die, probably, with supplies I have here, even if they get harder to obtain later, so I don't "need" anything, I actually have my eye on the Vandy vape beserker tank, it looks great. It will still be there once I turn 6 mo old, and I'm sure the price point will have diminished.... I was able to watch a Von Earl tank disappear into the distance yesterday without purchasing it, LOL, and even though it was Oh So Cheap, that's almost worse for me, as those "inexpensive" items add up...

So, I fight off the urges with MIGHTY EFFORT, LOL. I really think I will be fine if I don't own multiple copies of everything in existence. :)

Glad you are enjoying your stuff, QC! It gets easier, really it does. Though I stay away from 19 page threads about how great a new "insert whatever" is, or try to...

Anna
I would enjoy more if i didn't think i just burned a coil in my pack XD
Might be the juice though the store clerk told me it was gonna be hard on my scylla coils but i tried it anyways :p
It's twelve monkey's ejuice mangabeys to be exact 80pg but i think it's a more "gunky" type of liquid (thank god i still have my rba for the big baby).

Edit: did some research and yeah seems 12 monkeys does gunk up coils faster than i thought some says 6 hours others 2 days. Will probably have to move back to rba unfortunately :(

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

Argggggggggggggggggggghhhhh ! OMG

Well damn

*looking again with lust in my eyes at the Ti Kabuki*

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd use the RBA if you love that juice. No point killing stock coils in a day.... Oh, I've done it many a time, but I always feel vaguely guilty about it. My little BVC coils have taken the place of my cigarettes as I stub them out, hahaha, I always felt bad for ending a cigarette by smoking it, and would kind of feel like it was a close, personal friend that I no longer had... LOL. Now, I can peer sadly at my little coils after I've rinsed them once, but I'm still keeping them, I hear you can rebuild them with a lot of time and patience! Oh dear, I may have entered vaping Hoarding, but yes, I have a glass jar of dead coils.... You just never know.

Heh, though my Hussar tank arrived today, it appears authentic and looks like something even *I* would have a hard time messing up, it's a neat little tank. Izan was right to recommend it. LOL, @Izan, he seems always to be right. I'm building that sucker today whether the husband is home or not.... Excitement mark!

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I'd use the RBA if you love that juice. No point killing stock coils in a day.... Oh, I've done it many a time, but I always feel vaguely guilty about it. My little BVC coils have taken the place of my cigarettes as I stub them out, hahaha, I always felt bad for ending a cigarette by smoking it, and would kind of feel like it was a close, personal friend that I no longer had... LOL. Now, I can peer sadly at my little coils after I've rinsed them once, but I'm still keeping them, I hear you can rebuild them with a lot of time and patience! Oh dear, I may have entered vaping Hoarding, but yes, I have a glass jar of dead coils.... You just never know.

Heh, though my Hussar tank arrived today, it appears authentic and looks like something even *I* would have a hard time messing up, it's a neat little tank. Izan was right to recommend it. LOL, @Izan, he seems always to be right. I'm building that sucker today whether the husband is home or not.... Excitement mark!

Anna
Any idea if it's possible to save a gunked up coil ? I don't feel like whicking the thing every 3-4 tanks :p
But at the same time i sure as hell don't want to use all 5 of my coils in a week 0.0 I like my scylla too much to sacrifice it that much :(

Oh and little thing i noticed : 12 monkeys is a sweet juice and being diabetic thought it would affect it, been vaping that thing crazy since last night, no changes in my blood sugar whatsoever for those that would like to know :D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
A gunked up stock coil? I've heard of people boiling them in H20 for 20 minutes or so. I resurrect mine once by soaking it in a glass jar of really hot h20 for 12 hours, then I rinse and clean with hot water, and lay it outside to dry overnight, around here all the moisture gets sucked out. It's good for another 3--5 days depending. I don't do it more than once. You could certainly try it, I try to get my coils out at first hint of burntness, that seems to help. I know there's a video floating around of some guy rebuilding stock Nautilus BVC coils, I haven't watched the whole thing, but maybe sometime I'm really bored, I'll take a look and rebuild them all, one day. Or so I think. But there's not reason not to give it a shot, QC. :)

As far as your RBA, you can just dry burn that sucker and rewick, some people use those coils for months...

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
If it is true silica wick, you CAN dry burn them with the wick still in. Silica does not burn.
It's cotton bacon so pretty sure it's organic cotton and not silica lolz but thanks for the tip :p
Will probably try to boil them whenever that first one goes completely off,when it does though guess i'll use the rba since it's simpler for me :p

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
One thing i know is i won't diy my own juice (too hard to even find the supplies and the nicotine in canada and i rather not mess around with chemicals food grade or not) Though i do have my big baby beast tank with the rba base and pretty much doing my practice whicking on it before i get into complete diy for coils. I've asked here before and someone suggested the serpent smm, luckily for me my fav shop has it and it's a legit one so i will definetly buy it soon when i'm ready :p (that blue color looks so darn nice too) Might try the crown III too but i'll see about that.

DIY is easy in Canada - Best Glycol is in Montreal and they have TPA and FW flavors at the best price anywhere in Canada. They also have nic and the cheapest VG and PG in Canada as well.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
I would enjoy more if i didn't think i just burned a coil in my pack XD
Might be the juice though the store clerk told me it was gonna be hard on my scylla coils but i tried it anyways :p
It's twelve monkey's ejuice mangabeys to be exact 80pg but i think it's a more "gunky" type of liquid (thank god i still have my rba for the big baby).

Edit: did some research and yeah seems 12 monkeys does gunk up coils faster than i thought some says 6 hours others 2 days. Will probably have to move back to rba unfortunately :(

I have a clone recipe for Mangabey's if you ever get into DIY. It's not the same (because I don't have 7% sweetener in mine) but it's very close and it doesn't gunk your coils. :thumb:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I have a clone recipe for Mangabey's if you ever get into DIY. It's not the same (because I don't have 7% sweetener in mine) but it's very close and it doesn't gunk your coils. :thumb:
Thanks alot for the offers,but i know where to get some supplies (haven't checked about nic) but like i said for me personally i have no interests in DIY my own juices i rather pay it ship it and be done with it. What i will DIY is my next purchase which is gonna be a serpent smm rta i'm just waiting since i'll need a tool kit too so saving a bit for that.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks alot for the offers,but i know where to get some supplies (haven't checked about nic) but like i said for me personally i have no interests in DIY my own juices i rather pay it ship it and be done with it. What i will DIY is my next purchase which is gonna be a serpent smm rta i'm just waiting since i'll need a tool kit too so saving a bit for that.
Don't need tool kit. Wire snips, ceramic tweezers, coils. Get tools and SMM from FT.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you suffer from Shinyitis, still, Qc, Fasttech is going to be your greatest friend.... And your worst enemy. :D That said, buying direct is so much cheaper! I love FT and the fact that they are TOTALLY upfront about clones vs. authentics, and the price reflects that. They have a titanium "Kabuki styled" clone on there for like 18 bucks, I think it was @Robino1, though I have heard the clones don't quite live up to the originals. I got one a bit ago (not in titanium) to use as my backup tank, for like $9... I'm interested to see how it will perform. Even if it's the same, which I have heard it isn't.... I don't regret my "Big purchase" as I really wanted to support the guy who developed such an amazing tank..... That was kinda for my 2 month anniversary-ish, though, which is when I really decided to try to put myself in check, LOL. No one in the household knows how much it cost, and I am *keeping it* that way, although to be fair, I'd go through that in tobacco costs and more alone in a month.

I like the coilmaster kit a lot, but I'm lame about coils compared to DIY. I used almost every piece of that kit getting my first tank going, and it's so nice to have everything to hand. I coulda used the husband's tools I'm sure but a) he would not have allowed it and b) I would have been in the shed half a day peering at the tangled mess on the floor trying to figure out what could accidentally cut my hand off.... We have very different skillsets. Since building is your interest, not DIY, I could see saving up for that as a good thing, QC, though the old timers around here were all telling me I didn't need it, and that is certainly true, but it's a nice luxury :)

Oh, I'm so amotivational today, I have gotten nothing done besides reading the Manifesto of how smoking got turned into a satanic cult. I find it interesting, sad, and hilarious all at the same time. I swear to god, had I been at one of those conferences I would have been chain-smoking the *entire time* or until they threw me out. :) Lotsa good history in there, I kept reading excerpts to the husband and he was all like, "Yeah, I remember that" as he's 10 years older.... It's like a bad road accident!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread