Vaping on one battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodie_Houdini

Apr 2, 2017
Hey guys, so today i bought the "new" wismec predator 228 and bought 2 LG-HG2 batteries and when i powered the mod on, the batteries were inbalanced. My friend told me to vape, until it says its low battery and charge it using the USB and balancer inside the mod, but one battery is already blinking empty and the second one is half-full. Should i continue to vape and then charge it, or should i charge it now?

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Note that if after charging, they appear to be discharging in an odd way, then consider that one may be defective and return them to store and exchange them as soon as possible, do not leave the store until you've been able to test them out first. Most stores tend to have fully charged ones available (as every store I know have a charger in the back to keep a few ready to go).

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The cells we use do not have or develop memory, charge them any time you see fit.
Even though it is new I'd make sure the cells are making good connection with the power device battery contact points.
There were/are fake/counterfeit lesser quality LG HG2's on the market, not saying yours are, but something to consider.

I prefer using a quality external charger, even Wismec states " It is better to take out the cells and charge them through external charger ".
Likely they work okay, just me, I don't trust a .65 cent internal balanced charging gizmo.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
^^^ most of the batteries I get new are delivered at about 3.5v

Yup, batteries are typically stored at around 3.5V by vendors. Healthier for long term storage. Having one arriving a bit lower than the other would not be common, but it certainly can happen.

If after charging them together one is at 4.2V and the other3.7V, either you have a bad battery or a bad balanced charger in the mod. If you have access to an external charger I'd try that. If they then charge well together it's a problem in the mod.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Charge it now.. I never let a device flash low battery, but I also never charge 18650s through USB either. If I buy batteries online, I always charge them when I receive them. The local shop charges the batteries and they were at 4.15 when I bought them. So I just put them on a charger to finish it off.

Reactions: beckdg

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Well i had to charge it over night, because the battery took 12 HOURS to charge
..now they are both balanced and i'll see if they are ok. Also i hope they will charge little bit faster than 12 hours.
dang.. that's crazy.. it's usually about 4-5 hours on my D4 Nitecore, for 2 batteries, more with 4 as the power is dropped (that's how it works so it's normal, so maybe 6-8 hours IF they are really dead).

But even in my mods, I just plug them in and leave them overnight when I go to bed, and at 0.5 or 1A power, they are charged when I get up.

Hoodie_Houdini

Apr 2, 2017
dang.. that's crazy.. it's usually about 4-5 hours on my D4 Nitecore, for 2 batteries, more with 4 as the power is dropped (that's how it works so it's normal, so maybe 6-8 hours IF they are really dead).

But even in my mods, I just plug them in and leave them overnight when I go to bed, and at 0.5 or 1A power, they are charged when I get up.
Well i will check if they charge faster and if not, i will probably get back in the shop and exchange them or buy them from a different store.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Well i will check if they charge faster and if not, i will probably get back in the shop and exchange them or buy them from a different store.
The obvious issue is "are they the real thing" as from what people post, the HG2 appears to be the most "bootlegged"(fake) battery out there..

It's my battery of choice and I've never had issues with any.

How are you liking your Predator? I got 2 of them, arrived last week, one for my wife, one for daughter and they are loving theirs. So far no issue at all and it's the only mod that compares/comes close to my go-to (Eleaf TC100W) in terms of design and comfort.

johnkat

Apr 26, 2017
Well i had to charge it over night, because the battery took 12 HOURS to charge
..now they are both balanced and i'll see if they are ok. Also i hope they will charge little bit faster than 12 hours.

Hoodie,

I have a predator myself and also a Nitecore D4 EU version

The predator charges my batteries "very" fast in comparison to my nitecore as it has 2 amp charging - D4 only charges at 750 milliamps. I couldn't quote an exact time but I guess under 2 hours from empty to full.
I've read that charging at low amps will extend the life of my batteries so I have 3 sets and cycle them through the D4 the vast majority of the time, but I have been away and used the predators' charger with the result I spoke about above.

It sounds to me like the previous replies are correct and there is a problem with the mod or the charger so I'd advise you chase this up.

One thing you can do is weigh the batteries - if they are not very close to the 45 - 48g (taken from spec sheet here) they are most likely fake.

Hope this is helpful :)

Reactions: Tekaluku

Hoodie_Houdini

Apr 2, 2017
The obvious issue is "are they the real thing" as from what people post, the HG2 appears to be the most "bootlegged"(fake) battery out there..

It's my battery of choice and I've never had issues with any.

How are you liking your Predator? I got 2 of them, arrived last week, one for my wife, one for daughter and they are loving theirs. So far no issue at all and it's the only mod that compares/comes close to my go-to (Eleaf TC100W) in terms of design and comfort.
Well it's chargin normally now, so thanks for all the help.
It's awesome <3 i have a TFV8 big baby on it and it's just great.

Hoodie_Houdini

Apr 2, 2017
Hoodie,

I have a predator myself and also a Nitecore D4 EU version

The predator charges my batteries "very" fast in comparison to my nitecore as it has 2 amp charging - D4 only charges at 750 milliamps. I couldn't quote an exact time but I guess under 2 hours from empty to full.
I've read that charging at low amps will extend the life of my batteries so I have 3 sets and cycle them through the D4 the vast majority of the time, but I have been away and used the predators' charger with the result I spoke about above.

It sounds to me like the previous replies are correct and there is a problem with the mod or the charger so I'd advise you chase this up.

One thing you can do is weigh the batteries - if they are not very close to the 45 - 48g (taken from spec sheet here) they are most likely fake.

Hope this is helpful :)
Well everything is working now, it charges faster and they are both balanced, but thank you very much for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread