Shipments Clearing Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
Wow...this thread's got me a little nervous as I've just begun my adventure into this new world! 8-o Figured I'd better start ordering liquid to refill my carts since receiving them is no longer guaranteed or timely. Just placed an order with Totally Wicked for 2 bottles yesturday. Think I'll place an order with Ruyan, as well so that I have multiple shipments trying to come in. :) Will let y'all know how the Totally Wicked shipment works out.

OK...I might be showing my newbness here....is my Totally Wicked shipment coming from the UK or is it coming from an American supplier? :oops:

Last edited:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
My most recent order from Heaven Gifts was delivered in a week; cleared customs in a day. This is my third order, and it included atomizers, liquid and replacement batteries.

It looks like the small orders are still getting through, but we don't know for how long. I feel, better to be safe than sorry. I'm stocking up.

strell

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
www.VapeZone.com
vapezone.com
It looks like the small orders are still getting through, but we don't know for how long. I feel, better to be safe than sorry. I'm stocking up.
I've been ordering 901 kits for $30 shipped at one-two kits per order from www.e-cigarette-mart.com and they are all getting through. Since it costs the same no matter how you group them, spacing them across multiple small orders seems to work well. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, they are declared as "$10 electronic gift". I'm waiting for two more to arrive, hopefully within the next week or so.

So far my orders form bestecig and other ems orders from foreign companies that i deal with that have contents that are suspect have come through except for one seizure about 4 months ago that i received a letter from customs about. My worry is that we have stumbled upon a product that will become a issue with customs and we will all be breaking the law soon and i will continue to break the law its better than the death sticks. If a order is seized and confiscated to be destroyed or sent back to sender a "LOVE" letter is sent to the buyer warning they are breaking the law and future orders MAY be seized if you receive one don't freak i have been told its not a worry....

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
We are only to see whats going to happen in the future.

The funny or sad thing is with China having their holiday....
They might be having briefings to stop all suspecting companies packages and seize or send back. It seems like It is a good starting pint to do the bold move.

Or maybe im just thinkin bad...I have 50 30ml liquid and 30 atoms coming...we will see how it goes..5/02/09 posting and dispatch from china....Still looking on the bright side after i was informed that previous packages only have been stopped by china customs with no worry with US customs...I think that is changing now

I will keep ya posted
Dirt

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I got my order in from Ruyan (Heaven's Gifts). Just ordered attys. It sailed right through customs - I don't think they even blinked.

That's the way I think i'll continue to go - just order the parts, little shipments, and pay for the extra shipping. We should be fine this way....

I'm still farther ahead by paying for the extra EMS shipping rather than paying all the taxes on the coffin nails.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Well, I'm worried, but hopeful.

I'm waiting on my 1st China order. Not huge, but 400ml liquid, 10 attys, 2 passthroughs and a few batteries. I decided to take a chance, and stock up.

It was dispatched 4/30 to EMS. It says "handed over to Customs" which I'm hoping is just the stupid way they put it in the system (and not like "hey, this looks suspicious, HAND IT OVER") lol.

USPS tracking also notes that it went to Customs in San Fran 05/01 at 1:05, so I can only hope that my customs inspection agent just got back from lunch, and was sleepy or thinking about getting :hubba:some:hubba: on Friday night... LOL

This is a $350 order... so I'm a little worried since it won't be a small package. I'll keep you updated.

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
Round and round we go, where it stops, nobody knows...............

Timing Site Status
  2009-04-28 20:54:00 City of Guangzhou Posting
  2009-04-28 21:35:00 City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center
  2009-04-28 22:20:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
  2009-04-29 00:59:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center
  2009-04-30 10:42:21 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center
  2009-04-30 12:37:04 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center
  2009-05-02 13:17:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
  2009-05-02 14:15:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Wild - I just found out that my box made it out of customs (insert a happy dance here!!).

Detailed Results:

Inbound Out of Customs, May 03, 2009, 3:33 am
Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, May 01, 2009, 1:05 pm, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Foreign Acceptance, April 30, 2009, 9:07 pm

Seems to have gone pretty quickly! Have you checked yours this morning?

I really expected that my 400ml of liquid wouldn't make it through... and since I stocked up yesterday with Cash's sale... I'm ok in that department -but I WANTED my atomizers!!!

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
Wild - I just found out that my box made it out of customs (insert a happy dance here!!).

Detailed Results:

Inbound Out of Customs, May 03, 2009, 3:33 am
Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, May 01, 2009, 1:05 pm, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Foreign Acceptance, April 30, 2009, 9:07 pm

Seems to have gone pretty quickly! Have you checked yours this morning?

I really expected that my 400ml of liquid wouldn't make it through... and since I stocked up yesterday with Cash's sale... I'm ok in that department -but I WANTED my atomizers!!!

Congrats, usually stays in customs 1-3 days. You should get it monday morn depending on you local post office-sometimes they are lazy.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
Round and round we go, where it stops, nobody knows...............

Timing Site Status
  2009-04-28 20:54:00 City of Guangzhou Posting
  2009-04-28 21:35:00 City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center
  2009-04-28 22:20:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
  2009-04-29 00:59:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center
  2009-04-30 10:42:21 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center
  2009-04-30 12:37:04 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center
  2009-05-02 13:17:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
  2009-05-02 14:15:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

Please give us an update, I have never seen that before.

Dirt

Smokingfreely

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Arlington, TX
www.smokefreely.biz
I had some liquids come in today via EMS - not real big, 230mls. Customs checked because my vendor put a ......ed label - called it "giving gifts" - ? It had the customs sticker, but they cleared it. I have some big orders that I put on hold all the same. I feel safer waiting to see if Smoking Everywhere gets their injunction. I'd say you're at pretty low risk making personal orders though - if they truly are for personal use - ask your vendor to put this on the shipping invoice. If it's for personal use and under $2,000, customs is not very likely to check it out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread