The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Shipping from US to Canada via via stamps.com - slow, and no tracking updates????

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by johnnytwofingers, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    I ordered something from hoosierecig on Sept 10 (11 days ago) and since Sep 12, the tracking on stamps.com has shown it in Indianapolis. Anyone know if this is just misleading and its still not there? How long can one expect a shipment from the US to take?
    [h=4]Scan History[/h][TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: #e6e7e8"]
    [TD="class: scanHistoryTopRow scanHistoryLeftCol"]Date[/TD]
    [TD="class: scanHistoryTopRow"]Time[/TD]
    [TD="class: scanHistoryTopRow"]Location[/TD]
    [TD="class: scanHistoryTopRow scanHistoryRightCol"]Status[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="bgcolor: #f1f2f2"]
    [TD="class: scanHistoryLeftCol"]September 12, 2012[/TD]
    [TD]05:52:00[/TD]
    [TD] INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241[/TD]
    [TD="class: scanHistoryRightCol"]DEPART USPS SORT FACILITY[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: scanHistoryLeftCol"]September 11, 2012[/TD]
    [TD]23:59:00[/TD]
    [TD] INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241[/TD]
    [TD="class: scanHistoryRightCol"]PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]12:10:00[/TD]
    [TD] GREENSBURG, IN 47240[/TD]
    [TD="class: scanHistoryRightCol"]ACCEPT OR PICKUP[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]11:51:00[/TD]
    [TD] GREENSBURG, IN 47240[/TD]
    [TD="class: scanHistoryRightCol"]ACCEPT OR PICKUP[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: scanHistoryLeftCol"]September 10, 2012[/TD]
    [TD]15:41:00[/TD]
    [TD] 47240[/TD]
    [TD="class: scanHistoryRightCol"]Electronic Notification[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2. BWhare

BWhare Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2012
    Indiana
    Earlier this year I sent a package (consisting of nothing more than paperwork) from Indiana to Barrie ON and on the way, it went to New York City where it stayed for an extended long weekend, then it stopped off in customs for a few days and eventually it made it into Mississauga. From there it took less than 24 hours to be delivered.

For some reason, anything that starts in Indiana, instead of going through Chicago the way it used to, now travels to New York. It took me ten hours to drive to the same address that it took my package fifteen days to arrive at. While I'm not a big fan of Canada Post, the USPS is taking a serious downturn at the moment, especially when it comes to Canadian bound mail.

3. therealcmac

therealcmac Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

First class and Priority mail from the US will not track any further than departing the US. All my first class mail takes around 14 days to get here, Priority is usually 10ish days :)

4. albertbert

albertbert Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Canada
    In my experience, that is what usually happens with USPS tracking. Last update is somewhere in the US before going through the border. A two week wait is about right too.

5. Toronto_Mike

Toronto_Mike Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    Toronto, Canada
    The last 4 parcels that I ordered from the US took 10 to 14 days, which is what I expected. The tracking at Stamps.com & USPS & Canada Post have become a joke. I think it's because our parcels are mostly in a bubble envelope & they aren't getting scanned at checkpoints.

6. Dusty_D

Dusty_D Original Guru Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Tracking stops at the border unless you have paid for Priority or Express which usually ends up being in the $25 - 30 range depending on size of package. Those packages usually get here in about 5 business days, the regular packages take about 10 - 12 business days.

7. Kevofar

Kevofar Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Wasaga Beach, On
    Ditto what everyone else said lol

I have had packages in my hand for a week and the tracking still says it was in Tx :)

8. WolfeReign

WolfeReign Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2011
    Wolfe Paradise
    out of curiosity have you tried the same number on Canada Post's web site? If you ship anything from Canada and it leaves the country and into custom's from there USPS takes over tracking it, and usually vice versa.

9. therealcmac

If it is expedited CP will pick it up on our side, but i have never seen this with Priority or First Class.

10. johnnytwofingers

Aug 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada

That's good to know, as I have another package that according to the tracking has been sitting in Texas for over a week!

11. chagrin

chagrin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    My last package from cloudsofvapor never left Florida according to the tracking, it just showed up a little over a week later. :p

September 12, 2012 10:46:00 MIAMI, FL 33112 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
    September 12, 2012 08:01:00 MIAMI, FL 33112 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
    September 12, 2012 06:46:00 BOCA RATON, FL 33433 ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE
    September 10, 2012 15:12:00 Electronic Notification

12. johnnytwofingers

Aug 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Another one that I had high hopes for....starts off in Bellingham, Washington, just 2 hour drive south of me, now it's in New York! :)

13. therealcmac

Hah! I had that too. It did manage to get here a *little* quicker than most though.

14. VaporBill

VaporBill Full Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Brantford
  15. therealcmac

16. Toronto_Mike

Toronto_Mike Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    Toronto, Canada
    I know the feeling, Cmac - I've been waiting 14 days now for vapemail from NY. I have a feeling the vendor notified the USPS but didn't drop it off until a week later. Tracking had just begun a week ago. It's probably stuck in a pile in Mississauga.

17. therealcmac

That sucks Mike. I am very interested to see how much he paid to ship the wick, I paid for Priority, which usually makes it here in 10ish days.....if he used $2 in stamps I am going to be pissed.

18. Kencalise

Kencalise Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2011
    Toronto
    its normal, just patient.

19. tedd_jr

tedd_jr Full Member

Jul 4, 2012
    AB, Canada
    Same as above, my last 2 packages both took 13 Days (NY and LA to Edmonton). Processing time is more or less the variance as I've had a company take 5 days to process my order from BC and another in ON process the package in a day, both shipped in 3 Days within Canada.

Nice tip on the USPS to Canada Post tracking number!

20. johnnytwofingers

Aug 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Two of my packages finally arrived, so about 16 days. Maybe cuts down on the impulse shopping if you know it isn't going to show up for a couple weeks? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.