• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canada Customs and My Z ATTY Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

shades

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Perth, Ontario
therealmac needs some Canadian competition, keep him on his toes :)

We have Mindfield as another canuck that rocks the reviews.

I would love to do them myself but I have not successfully gotten the "real me" to not be camera shy, or maybe closer to the truth able to act normal when talking to the screen of my computer.

I think Project guy would do a good job, good quality of camera and doesn't appear to be afeared of talking to his screen :)

.. who I've provided with a starters kit will see the videos. He'll start an episode for the Simpsons

WANT!!!!!! vaping and animation! WOOT!

shades

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Perth, Ontario
Muhahaha .. now we know you.. someone's weakness. *Does a google search for "needles" - just in case. :lol:

Yes indeed sir :) To keep me in line, just threaten me with an image, might help to keep me inline when that certain level of stupidity in a thread causes me to not be the joker of the class and call it out. There is only a certain amount of control I can keep until the angry voices come out :)

One needle image and I am probably not going back to the thread unless someone tells me its on a new page and I won't be able to see it :p

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
We have Mindfield as another canuck that rocks the reviews.

I would love to do them myself but I have not successfully gotten the "real me" to not be camera shy, or maybe closer to the truth able to act normal when talking to the screen of my computer.

I think Project guy would do a good job, good quality of camera and doesn't appear to be afeared of talking to his screen :)

WANT!!!!!! vaping and animation! WOOT!

I feel Hollywood calling my name.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Yes indeed sir :) To keep me in line, just threaten me with an image

Oh good, so there are more of us.... I feel the same way. However, the syringes used for filling my tanks don't bother me in the slightest, as there is no sharp tip, no accompanying medical staff, and no chance anyone will try to puncture me with it!

I even flatly refused an iv when delivering my son. The staff were totally floored and nervous and didn't know what to do with me but there was nothing they could do or say to change my mind. But here's a weird twist for you. While the notion of a bloodtest sends me into a lightheaded tailspin, I've purchased and used the sterile sharps to do some DIY body piercing.

shades

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Perth, Ontario
I am ok once the needle is away, or IV is in me just don't like the whole thing together before its done what it needed to do :) I manged to handle the syringe with out the needles to dispense medicine to my little ones .

You should have closed your eyes!!! you are made of some serious stuff to go without!

I closed my eyes when I got my tongue done... and had to open them to figure out why my chin was hurting... he had the needle pointing the wrong way so it was digging into my chin..couldn't say anything except make noises and point because he had hold of my tongue... almost got 2 for the price of one lol...

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Oh good, so there are more of us.... I feel the same way. However, the syringes used for filling my tanks don't bother me in the slightest, as there is no sharp tip, no accompanying medical staff, and no chance anyone will try to puncture me with it!

I even flatly refused an iv when delivering my son. The staff were totally floored and nervous and didn't know what to do with me but there was nothing they could do or say to change my mind. But here's a weird twist for you. While the notion of a bloodtest sends me into a lightheaded tailspin, I've purchased and used the sterile sharps to do some DIY body piercing.

But its just a little .....

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
I am ok once the needle is away...
You should have closed your eyes!!! you are made of some serious stuff to go without!
I closed my eyes when I got my tongue done...

Oh no, I was faaaaar more scared of the needles than of the pain of childbirth. After about 30 or so hours of labor, I was worn out and fatigued and eventually submitted to a very small very weak shot of morphine to let me rest. By delivery, it had long worn off, and I did it completely iv and drug-free. But MY way. I'll spare you the more graphic details, but I'm living proof that women should trust their bodies and let the staff be there as support, but not let them run the show. (Have you ever seen any other animal in nature that lies on its back with it's feet in the air to birth? That isn't about ease, that's about doc's convenience!!)

But its just a little .....

*stifles a giggle*.... his father wouldn't appreciate that one bit! HAHA

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Oh no, I was faaaaar more scared of the needles than of the pain of childbirth. After about 30 or so hours of labor, I was worn out and fatigued and eventually submitted to a very small very weak shot of morphine to let me rest. By delivery, it had long worn off, and I did it completely iv and drug-free. But MY way. I'll spare you the more graphic details, but I'm living proof that women should trust their bodies and let the staff be there as support, but not let them run the show. (Have you ever seen any other animal in nature that lies on its back with it's feet in the air to birth? That isn't about ease, that's about doc's convenience!!)

As a male of the species and twice responsible for consequences of childbirth I do repent my sins.

*stifles a giggle*.... his father wouldn't appreciate that one bit! HAHA

And the truth will set you free. Also extensive studies by Masters & Johnson confirm that anything more than 2" is a misallocation of resources.

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada

I'm (kind of) in this camp. I fear any sort of injection or stabbity type of procedure, like piercing, but haven't thought twice when settling into the chair for some ink. In fact, I almost fell asleep last time I went in.

The syringes I've picked up for DIY don't particularly scare me either, even though they are sharp.

Serious props for delivering your kid sans drugs. My wife delivered our son naturally, too, and managed to make it to her sister's wedding the next day as matron of honour, whereas when she had an epidural with our daughter, she was laid up for a couple of days. Go figure.

Protip: Never look in a direction that might cause you to catch sight of your partner's epidural needle, for any of you who may be gearing up for childbirth. All I recall after that is everything going all fuzzy and a nurse grabbing me and forcing me backwards into a chair.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Y'all are wimps.

Except Tyger.

haha! the funny thing is, I can deliver a child naturally, but tell me I have to have a blood test and I whimper, almost black out, my ears ring, I squirm, and I always *always* ask them to use the "baby needle"..... I'm selectively wimpy ;)

If someone else is injured I can rise to the occasion.... patch 'em up, deal with the emergency quickly and well.... but as soon as they're patched up.... I gotta sitdown! or better yet, lay down..... woozy! lights fading! ears ringing! hahahaha

BrianCig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2012
Canada
Glad you finally got your device. Followed this thread waiting for the time you posted you got it. Good videos also!

haha! the funny thing is, I can deliver a child naturally, but tell me I have to have a blood test and I whimper, almost black out, my ears ring, I squirm, and I always *always* ask them to use the "baby needle"..... I'm selectively wimpy ;)

If someone else is injured I can rise to the occasion.... patch 'em up, deal with the emergency quickly and well.... but as soon as they're patched up.... I gotta sitdown! or better yet, lay down..... woozy! lights fading! ears ringing! hahahaha

Not sure if this will help or not. I also hate getting needles. I found the solution for me was to simply ask that I can lie down when getting them. My whole problem was that I worried I would faint and fall out of the chair.

Once I was laying down on my back it didn't seem to matter what they stuck into me. I even sat up and went to leave and the people around me were worried because I did it so fast. I was fine as long as I was on my back when getting the shots.

Zenataos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
British Columbia, Canada
Good work on the videos ProjectGuy! Don't be hard on yourself, you're looking quite dapper in the videos.

The look on your face was priceless with the first hit... "OMG what kind of unholy throat hit is this...!". I thankfully read about the position of the air hole in correlation to the wick before I got my ZAP. I have tried turning it right around before and use that on my friends from time to time... ungodly that throat hit is!

Glad the ordeal is over!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada

I, OTOH, prefer needles to natural child birth! Lol

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
And now for my 1,000th post

Good work on the videos ProjectGuy! Don't be hard on yourself, you're looking quite dapper in the videos.

The look on your face was priceless with the first hit... "OMG what kind of unholy throat hit is this...!". I thankfully read about the position of the air hole in correlation to the wick before I got my ZAP. I have tried turning it right around before and use that on my friends from time to time... ungodly that throat hit is!

Glad the ordeal is over!

Thanks for the support on the vids. I'm thinking of doing some more and have and idea for a regularly scheduled (one a week) idea. The fourth estate calls my name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread