short problem? wierd problem with all attys on diff. batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been vaping for about 3 months now and im not new by any means. Ive built about 40 box mods ranging from the normal 3.7v up to 6v. A problem ive been having for the past month or so is that every atty i screw in, first seems like its fried since it wont do anything. in order to get a hit i have to unscrew the atty all the way out then hit the button and screw the atty all the way back in while holding the button, to get it to hit. Ive trouble shot with all of my box mods, my e-go passthrough, my 5v passthrough, my normal batteries, and my chuck. It happens with normal attys and low resistant attys. all are 510s so im at a total loss. every device works fine with cartomizers just not attys for some reason. . . any one have any ideas what could be wrong? the first month i didnt have this problem with any of my devices.

Im pretty sure im not screwing them down too tight. Even my 5v passthrough i recieved today does it. theres about three full turns till the connector butts out to the atty and the center pin on all of my devices arent bottomed out. they still have the springy action.

I heard of problems with over tightening so i made it a point not to tighten them down completely from the get go. Ive used sealed connectors, unsealed, purchased, and homemade. From what i can gather with my multimeter contact is being made at the center pin and the housing. so im just lost.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
This makes no sense to me.... (no offense, I just don't understand... 'tis not logical)... I just can't understand why you're having a problem. If you have tried several connections/devices, several atties, you are sure they all connect.... you have power. Even a new passthrough.... Doesn't make sense. Either your description is wrong, or incomplete, or ......?????

Some people use a paper clip and "pull" the center connector up a little to ensure it connects. You think everything is connecting, so:

You have built 40 mods? OK, then you know there are only 2 connection points: 1) the outer threads 2) the inner connector. If you are using a device where you know the battery is good/device is plugged in: use a DMM (or MM) and see if

A) anything is shorted in ur mod (unplugged/no batt 1st).
B) The voltage you get
C) The amperage.

Also check the atty for ohms resistance. Clean threads/connections with Isopropyl Alcohol. Dry them. Don't blow up/catch fire.

Have fun figuring this out. Try posing in the hardware section and/or ask the modders (although they are as famous for not answering as much as answering). Good luck! Try the hardware section.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread