shortness of breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macarius

Mar 22, 2015
Pakistan
Hi All,

I have been vaping since May 15, quit smoking also same time like 4 months

All was fine but from last month I have noticed shortness of breath (not while vaping)
I feel shortness of breath while doing physical activity climbing stairs or walking a little fast etc
I had this issue with analogs also but it was not that bad and i got better in first two months after quitting, but now it is becoming worse.

I am not doing any exercise from last 10 years.
Had a chest xray last month and it was normal
Shall I go for Pulmonary function test?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Cool_Breeze

Macarius

Mar 22, 2015
Pakistan
try to take note what's in your jucies, you might be allergic to something in one.

You may also be in poor shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Lol yes i am in poor shape but it was fine until now.

Using mbv juices currently 70vg /30 pg
Before them i was vaping at 50/50

Shall I have to look for flavors also?
Like apple might dont suit me or mango is fine etc ?

Macarius

Mar 22, 2015
Pakistan
They have 3rd party lists out there like on reddit that name chemicals in jucies.

You may want to reduce vaping for awhile, ask your doctor about lung capacity tools

I see, will search for the list and see if I find something

Thank you for help.
I am asking thinking about getting the lung test done.

Reactions: Katmar

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Hi All,

I have been vaping since May 15, quit smoking also same time like 4 months

All was fine but from last month I have noticed shortness of breath (not while vaping)
I feel shortness of breath while doing physical activity climbing stairs or walking a little fast etc
I had this issue with analogs also but it was not that bad and i got better in first two months after quitting, but now it is becoming worse.

I am not doing any exercise from last 10 years.
Had a chest xray last month and it was normal
Shall I go for Pulmonary function test?

Thanks in advance

Do you drink enough water?

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
As Kat is suggesting, cut back on VG especially if your symptoms started after you shifted to 70%VG. VG is pretty thick and i have similar feeling when I used high VG. Also, many ex-smokers can feel shortness of breath months after quitting. Your x-ray is clean which is good so I don't think pulmonary test would give you much except confirming your symptoms. It won't do no wrong though, especially if they find you're ok. A cardiologist might be a good idea, just in case. Clearing your lung from plegm may also help by going back progressively to exercise. Be patient and vape safe. Getting medical advice is always a good choice.

Macarius

Mar 22, 2015
Pakistan
As Kat is suggesting, cut back on VG especially if your symptoms started after you shifted to 70%VG. VG is pretty thick and i have similar feeling when I used high VG. Also, many ex-smokers can feel shortness of breath months after quitting. Your x-ray is clean which is good so I don't think pulmonary test would give you much except confirming your symptoms. It won't do no wrong though, especially if they find you're ok. A cardiologist might be a good idea, just in case. Clearing your lung from plegm may also help by going back progressively to exercise. Be patient and vape safe. Getting medical advice is always a good choice.

Yup i am getting a lot of phlegm now a days
I dont know but i cant feel any cardiac stuff.
Only shortness of breath and no pain or tightness in chest

Macarius

Mar 22, 2015
Pakistan
Cut out the high vg and go back to a 50/50 - see if that makes the difference. Not everyone can tolerate a high vg.

It looks like a good idea and it just clicked me that it happened after I started 70 vg or it can be a coincidence too.
But have to go back to 50/50 to confirm it.

How many days you think will take to clean up vg issues in my body if there are any

I mean will I be able to feel difference in a week or so or it will take more time ?

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
It looks like a good idea and it just clicked me that it happened after I started 70 vg or it can be a coincidence too.
But have to go back to 50/50 to confirm it.

How many days you think will take to clean up vg issues in my body if there are any

I mean will I be able to feel difference in a week or so or it will take more time ?

It should go away pretty quick, especially if you clear your airways in the meantime. I received a 70% VG ejuice from a vendor the other day but the ratio was not indicated. It felt so thick in my mouth and respiratory track that I had to dilute it with PG. I called the vendor for confirmation. Felt like some kind of gluey stuff in my mouth. If you can, go for little walks or runs. Don't over do it if you're out of shape. You can also run some steam in your room at night. The idea is to clear your airways gently and there is easy and gentle ways to do it. Usually, I clear mind in the morning because phlegm accumulate in your upper respiratory track thanks to my cilia that push it up. Don't worry too much, just take it easy and vape safely, with moderation and drink plenty of water. You'll soon feel better.

Reactions: Macarius

Macarius

Mar 22, 2015
Pakistan
It should go away pretty quick, especially if you clear your airways in the meantime. I received a 70% VG ejuice from a vendor the other day but the ratio was not indicated. It felt so thick in my mouth and respiratory track that I had to dilute it with PG. I called the vendor for confirmation. Felt like some kind of gluey stuff in my mouth. If you can, go for little walks or runs. Don't over do it if you're out of shape. You can also run some steam in your room at night. The idea is to clear your airways gently and there is easy and gentle ways to do it. Usually, I clear mind in the morning because phlegm accumulate in your upper respiratory track thanks to my cilia that push it up. Don't worry too much, just take it easy and vape safely, with moderation and drink plenty of water. You'll soon feel better.

Thanks Nimaz.
Good idea to dilute it with PG, as i dont have any 50/50 juices at hand right now.

I have an exercise schedule in my mind but i will start it once I figured out the root of my issue. I mean I want to know for sure if VG or vaping is causing it once confirmed and i feel better I will start doing exercise.
Lol just my mind.

Thank you for the advice
I will keep you guys posted.
Time to dilute some juices :)

Formervaper

Aug 8, 2015
I'm in the same boat. Quit vaping because of it . Constant 24 7 need to take a deep breath is what I feel. It's better and worse at different times of the day . Doctors check was fine , ekg , x ray , pulmonary tests oxygen levels normal. It's 3 months since no vaping. I would have hope it went away but no and I'm still short of breath . Started cardio training 2 weeks 4 times a week. I would say it's gotten better slightly. I hope I am no doomed.... also I am still thirsty a lot like when I was vaping . God knows

To describe my symptom more .. I have air hunger . I'll catch my breath but within 30-45 seconds I'll be trying to take another deep breath .. no pain no cough no phlegm . Can do cardio for long . The symptoms are mainly at rest .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread