anyone else have shortness of breath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Orange Country

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
The South
In the month since I quit smoking and started vaping I've noticed my lung function seems to have improved.

The last few months before I quit smoking I was starting to have shortness of breath issues, but that has since improved. I've also noticed that the usual morning congestion has also gotten better. Now granted I've only been vaping for a month, but everything seems to be on the upswing for me.

donna_

Aug 27, 2013
USA
Glad your doing better Big Orange Country. I too am doing better at only 2 1/2 weeks or so despite having mild/moderate COPD, though my breathing was quite bad. The last couple years I had been smoking cheap, nasty cigarettes that made it worse.

But I too got a heavy chest and kind of short of breath feeling when I started vaping. A switch to a lower mg (started on 21! oops) and VG only has made a big difference. I can feel the effect on my lungs with PG in one puff. I would say I'm doing great but I'm still sorting out my VG dose. Most don't carry 15mg. (which is my sweet spot as it was on PG) so I have to make it myself.

I think too I am going to switch to all clearos. I think the cartos might be a minor irritation at times...or it's just the delivery system in general with my sick lungs. I could hug my EVOD though and am going to try some others that are VG friendly.

Last edited:

djbeckett

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
DALLAS, TEXAS
dallastexas.ezhoster.com
My wife, a 10-year nurse practitioner, 30 yr. nurse (they all call her Doctor Linda, she teaches her doctor boss regularily): 25+ year smoker, coughed her lungs out while on the analogs. Started the e-cigs., coughing stopped IMMEDIATELY.
We visit progresso, Mexico every year. She always had to stop on the bridge to catch her breath. After the e-cigs., she made it ALL THE WAY WITHOUT STOPPING. Clearly, e-cigs. are better for us.....
I get that lump in my throat. I drink some water, it goes away.
PG irritated our throats. I switched to VG, then VG/PG mix. Much better.
The wife says nicotine is not good for us. I'm her patient, I believe her. I'm not listening to her, though. I love e-cigs..........
SHORTNESS OF BREATH IS SERIOUS, SEE A DOC. IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!

tim_man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
MA
Looks like my shortness of breath finally went away. Took about 4-5 months since quitting before I got back to normal, so no irreversible damage. That would have sucked.

Anyway, so there is hope for folks suffering from SOB from e cigs...

Thought I'd bump this thread since I too, since switching over to DIY, have been experiencing shortness of breath, exhaustion, abnormal heart rate, etc. First started noticing the SOB while doing things that normally wouldn't cause me to get winded, like going up 2 flights of stairs, carrying moderately heavy objects for short distances, etc. What really gets me concerned is I am in pretty good shape since I workout 4 times per week, and have been for as long as I can remember. Now, after (and during) a workout, I literally feel like I am about to go into cardiac arrest---seriously... I've never felt this way after a workout before, ever.. I kinda have a feeling it has to do with the high vg juice I've been making lately, so my plan over the next week or two is to vape pg-based juice only to see if it helps. If not, I'll try vg only for week. If that doesn't help, next on the list would be flavorless juice for an additional week. Last thing I try before giving up vaping completely--Dow OPTIM pharmaceutical grade VG and PG.

Man this is really bugging the ....... out of me.. Hope I can figure this out since I do love vaping...minus the side effects. I'll keep folks posted.

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
Looks like my shortness of breath finally went away. Took about 4-5 months since quitting before I got back to normal, so no irreversible damage. That would have sucked.

Thanks for posting back with an update. Glad to hear your symptoms finally subsided.

:toast: Congrats as well for kicking the nicotine habit altogether.:toast:

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer

Metstoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Central Florida
I started vaping almost 4 years ago now. A month or so after I quit the cigs completely, I noticed some considerable irritation and began having wheezing and congestion. My doctor told me that I probably had a mild case of asthma and that I've probably always had it but the years of smoking had suppressed the symptoms. Once I quit and Spring allergies came on, the asthma flared up. Who knew? Anyways, despite the asthma, I'm much happier and healthier with the vaping so there ya go.

Last edited:

KiloWatts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
West Philadelphia

Excellent. I have successfully moved from 24mg to 6mg in the past few months, with no noticable change in addiction. Next move is 0mg, and then I quit. I'm glad to hear the SOB goes away. I'll miss vaping, and all the fun gear and stuff, but I need my health to be in tip-top shape at the age of 33, lest my life pass me by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread