Shortness of Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan2323

Sep 18, 2021
Hi, my name is Jordan and I am 19 years old. I probably been vaping for a year and I have recently experienced shortness of breath 3 days ago. I am the type of person who spams the hell out of the vapes hitting every 5 to 10 minutes. I also use disposables(nothing is better then a breeze) I went to the doctors and received a chest X-Ray and it came back normal chest. I am a little frightened I have copd anybody else have a similar experience? Will my breathing go back to normal?

Reactions: Superuser187

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
You underage kids vaping is what's got us in the mess we're in to start with. The FDA wants to shut vaping down to "save the children " and here you are, in a vape forum asking medical questions like we're all medical experts or something. The nerve. The temerity. I smoked cigarettes more years than your momma has been living and I have COPD. Vaping helped me get off cigarettes, didnt cure COPD but is not getting any worse. The C in COPD means chronic. You dont have COPD, your not old enough. Would have shown up on your chest x ray. You're not gonna listen to anybody here anyway so why bother.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi, my name is Jordan and I am 19 years old. I probably been vaping for a year and I have recently experienced shortness of breath 3 days ago. I am the type of person who spams the hell out of the vapes hitting every 5 to 10 minutes. I also use disposables(nothing is better then a breeze) I went to the doctors and received a chest X-Ray and it came back normal chest. I am a little frightened I have copd anybody else have a similar experience? Will my breathing go back to normal?

In my opinion:

1) Stop vaping.

2) With the help of medical professionals figure out why you have shortness of breath.

3) You will not know if your breathing will go back to normal until you find out what the problem is.

4) Stop vaping.

Let us know how you make out with this and best of luck with it :thumb:

Reactions: smacuser

LewisW295

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
South Glamorgan, Wales
Christ... "Underage" in the US but of legal age pretty much everywhere else.

OP, with shortness of breath involved, stop vaping. Also, what are you vaping? I switched from pretty much all types of vapes over the years but recently found that 20mg salts at 25w really mucked with my breathing. Since then, I've returned to RDAs with a vengeance and not had any issues. Unfortunately for you, this may not be the case as I have over 5 years of experience to know it was the type of vape giving me trouble whereas yourself, with 1 year of vaping, may well be suffering side effects.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Christ... "Underage" in the US but of legal age pretty much everywhere else.

The guy didn't indicate where he was from, and you have to cut us Americans a break if we are a bit paranoid. Our government is determined to wipe out vaping and has used posts from ECF in the past against us. The guy's a troll as he hasn't posted again. Could be a government troll as far as we can tell.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    I'm a little leary of this conversation with an underage vaper with one comment in his history on this forum.

There are some wacky Covid variants flying, with people reporting it feels like a horse sitting on their chest, so I want to be sympathetic.

I'm also thinking that when we reply on things like this, with the OP declaring his age, we are having a conversation with an FDA punk.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    First of all, this forum is hosted in the UK, so it's not bound by ridiculous US laws.
    The legal age for vaping in GB and most other countries is 18.
    And you know what? The people outside the US don't care about your laws, nor do they want to get forbidden to speak openly, because someone from a socially reactionary country thinks he/she lives at the centre of the universe.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    First of all, this forum is hosted in the UK, so it's not bound by ridiculous US laws.
    The legal age for vaping in GB and most other countries is 18.
    And you know what? The people outside the US don't care about your laws, nor do they want to get forbidden to speak openly, because someone from a socially reactionary country thinks he/she lives at the centre of the universe.
    That's being a bit harsh. We have draconian censorship here in the US, and there are frequent "hit and run" trolls like the OP, who has not returned to receive his replies in a week.

Having censorship, and unelected bureaucracies who want to end vaping here, wipe out forums like this one, at least here in this country, does not mean we don't fight the censorship and the government bullying, but if communication is shut down, everything is thwarted, calls to action, product information, all sharing of information to help us and keep us from being further injured and hampered.

This forum, too, has some ridiculous censorship in effect, beyond what I think is reasonable, but I understand it is in the interest of the preservation of this meeting place.

We also have something called "lawfare" here. If you don't get it, that's a play on the word "warfare", and there are those who would love to sue E-Cigarette-Forum and get it in the mainstream news for encouraging and enabling "THE CHILDREN" to vape.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I went to the doctors and received a chest X-Ray and it came back normal chest. I am a little frightened I have copd anybody else have a similar experience? Will my breathing go back to normal?
    So what did your doctor say about you thinking you have COPD?

Reactions: Ryedan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread