Should CBD Vaping Oils Be Examined More Closely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egzoset

Sep 19, 2014
Canada
Salutations Jazzman,

...CBD... ... ...basis for a healthy vaping product...

Is it even "healthy" on the long run to separate CBD from THC + associated cannabis "entourage effects"? Or how about a re-evaluation of the consumption method itself, e.g. separately from all substances?... As for lung "burns" can't this result from multiple factors, not to mention that pest control products often contain secret ingredients intended to cause sprays to stick, etc., etc.. Lets keep in mind Washington once had 200+ items on its pesticide list and Canada already reaches half of that only 1 year after Trudeau's mari-caca "Légaleezation"; so i figure soon it's not just deceived "medical" customers who will sue "legal" LPs in courts, investors may launch their own class action as well:

[ https:// calgaryherald.com/cannabis/cannabis-business/alberta-cannabis-producer-sundial-targeted-in-class-action-suit ]
CH: Alberta cannabis producer Sundial targeted in class action suit (2019-Oct-7)

...pot worth $2.25 million was returned to Sundial by Vancouver-based Zenabis because it was visibly mouldy...

[ https:// cannabislifenetwork.com/redecan-recall/ ]
CLN: What was RedeCan hiding in their mouldy bud recall? (2019-Jun-17)

[ https:// www.theglobeandmail.com/cannabis/article-mysterious-symptoms-and-medical-marijuana-patients-are-looking-for/ ]
G&M - Mysterious symptoms and medical marijuana: patients are looking for answers (2018-Jun-29)

These are not trace amounts...

[ https:// www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/medical-marijuana-firms-discussed-using-banned-pesticides/article34236779/ ]
G&M: Medical marijuana firms discussed using banned pesticides (2017-May-7)

[ http:// www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/canadians-not-told-about-banned-pesticide-found-in-medical-marijuana-supply/article33443887/ ]
Globe & Mail: Canadians not told about banned pesticide found in medical pot supply (2016-Dec-29)

...neither Health Canada nor Mettrum announced the findings to the public.
My point being that transformation into oil may also cause contaminant concentration including that of secret ingredients absent from all labels anyway. Which is no trivial detail considering that inhalation of only ~70 mg HCN (Zyklon gas) kills a 68 Kg human in about 2 minutes... So, even if it were strictly restricted to "trace" amounts there's now a multitude of potential synergies to choose from with individual non-detection levels equally identified. That's why i conclude there's an elephant in the room when mass media overlooks basic facts, more precisely that chemical effects don't just add up: these actually multiply and agricultural industries understood it long ago if we can judge by strawberries already exposing to 10 ~ 22 "pesticides", e.g. possibly myco/neuro toxins, insecticides, miticides, fungicides, nematicides, bactericides, on top of "beneficial"/"predatory" fungi & bugs, the later being also approved by Health Canada who does NOT test cannabis for approved sprays exactly.

o_O

Ah and supreme insult: irradiation by nuclear radioactive rays can fail to kill *ALL* fungus-based pesticide, so even when "legal" concentration may not seem as "safe" as is often trumpeted in mediatic space. Plus seasoning from toxins, insect poop & dead bodies as a bonus...

...little to no regulation or guidance. ...haven't seen much discussion or news articles... ...were the actual products used tested and evaluated? ...without investigation it seems to me that confirmation bias is still the main motivation for this investigation currently.

Although this is about to change i think USA's federal drug schedule still blocks research, hence it's most likely the cost for operating "cutting edge" equipment like a "gas chromatograph with a triple-quadrupole mass spectrometer" cannot be justified commercially just yet, while prohibitionists never stop piling up even more contaminated statistics.

Good day, have fun!! :cool:

Last edited:

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Salutations Jazzman,

Is it even "healthy" on the long run to separate CBD from THC + associated cannabis "entourage effects"? Or how about a re-evaluation of the consumption method itself, e.g. separately from all substances?... As for lung "burns" can't this result from multiple factors, not to mention that pest control products often contain secret ingredients intended to cause sprays to stick, etc., etc.. Lets keep in mind Washington once had 200+ items on its pesticide list and Canada already reaches half of that only 1 year after Trudeau's mari-caca "Légaleezation"; so i figure soon it's not just deceived "medical" customers who will sue "legal" LPs in courts, investors may launch their own class action as well:

Not really sure what you mean by separating CBD from THC? The best brands of CBD from what I have seen is CBD from hemp plants, not cannabis plants. I know they are from the same plant genus and are similar in some ways, but hemp doesn't have any psychoactive components in it except for trace amounts that have been deemed non-impairing and since hemp is naturally below the level indicating a controlled substance (THC is 0.03% or less) I don't see why manufacturers would go through the process of separation. If you're saying you are familiar with the process of THC extraction and the dangers inherent when using cannabis as the subject for extraction then maybe. I would also need to know the amount of CBD currently being sold that comes from cannabis instead of hemp. CBD from hemp doesn't require a separate THC distillation process making it a cheaper product to produce, THC extraction is just for cannabis CBD. Up until that point it's a similar process for both of them with harvest, separate plant components by decorticator, extract cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, etc. with Supercritical C02 extraction, then decarboxylation (heat it in an industrial oven). This is the process for hemp that produces full spectrum CBD as I understand it. If a raw hemp plant tests at above 0.03% it is illegal for unregulated use (classed the same as cannabis) and is called "Hot Hemp".

As far as law suits? Lawyers are the cockroaches of western society. They will sue anyone for any reason because they get paid if they win or lose. Corporations sue as a calculated value based on risk assessment and potential reward. Rarely will you see a corporate lawsuit started on the basis of just for the community benefit with no monetary rewards asked for or received. They just won't play if it don't pay.

Ah and supreme insult: irradiation by nuclear radioactive rays can fail to kill *ALL* fungus-based pesticide, so even when "legal" concentration may not seem as "safe" as is often trumpeted in mediatic space. Plus seasoning from toxins, insect poop & dead bodies as a bonus...

Wasn't aware this was a thing. Nuclear radiation? Really? This you're going to have to provide a reference to for me to understand. Although, I can see the selling potential of CBD oil that glows in the dark... the hottest new item :smokie:

Although this is about to change i think USA's federal drug schedule still blocks research, hence it's most likely the cost for operating "cutting edge" equipment like a "gas chromatograph with a triple-quadrupole mass spectrometer" cannot be justified commercially just yet, while prohibitionists never stop piling up even more contaminated statistics.

CBD research is unrestricted in the US at this time and in many cases private research companies are being funded by the fed government, in the way of grants, to do this research. CBD is a legal and readily available product and can be purchased without restriction for adults, there would be no reason to curtail research on something you can freely purchase. CBD is an interesting topic to research with hopes of positive efficacy for a host of conditions, so I'm all for research and I'm glad it's being done.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Not really sure what you mean by separating CBD from THC? The best brands of CBD from what I have seen is CBD from hemp plants, not cannabis plants. I know they are from the same plant genus
same species too
and are similar in some ways, but hemp doesn't have any psychoactive components in it except for trace amounts that have been deemed non-impairing and since hemp is naturally below the level indicating a controlled substance (THC is 0.03% or less) I don't see why manufacturers would go through the process of separation.
it’s not a genetics issue. It’s a cultivation issue. Any hemp plant can be cultivated in such a way to produce usable amounts of THC. There are specialized cultivars that produce more of it of course, but that’s a fairly new phenomena.
If you're saying you are familiar with the process of THC extraction and the dangers inherent when using cannabis as the subject for extraction then maybe. I would also need to know the amount of CBD currently being sold that comes from cannabis instead of hemp. CBD from hemp doesn't require a separate THC distillation process making it a cheaper product to produce, THC extraction is just for cannabis CBD. Up until that point it's a similar process for both of them with harvest, separate plant components by decorticator, extract cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, etc. with Supercritical C02 extraction, then decarboxylation (heat it in an industrial oven). This is the process for hemp that produces full spectrum CBD as I understand it. If a raw hemp plant tests at above 0.03% it is illegal for unregulated use (classed the same as cannabis) and is called "Hot Hemp".

As far as law suits? Lawyers are the cockroaches of western society. They will sue anyone for any reason because they get paid if they win or lose.
some kinds of lawyers will if hired to do so because it is literally their job anyway. Some cockroach like people become lawyers, but the profession is not the behavior. It’s like saying all school gym teachers are pedophiles.
Corporations sue as a calculated value based on risk assessment and potential reward. Rarely will you see a corporate lawsuit started on the basis of just for the community benefit with no monetary rewards asked for or received. They just won't play if it don't pay.
corporations are corporations. Basically everything they do is on that basis. Corporations aren’t the only groups that file lawsuits though.
Wasn't aware this was a thing. Nuclear radiation? Really? This you're going to have to provide a reference to for me to understand. Although, I can see the selling potential of CBD oil that glows in the dark... the hottest new item :smokie:

CBD research is unrestricted in the US at this time and in many cases private research companies are being funded by the fed government, in the way of grants, to do this research. CBD is a legal and readily available product and can be purchased without restriction for adults, there would be no reason to curtail research on something you can freely purchase. CBD is an interesting topic to research with hopes of positive efficacy for a host of conditions, so I'm all for research and I'm glad it's being done.

Egzoset

Sep 19, 2014
Canada
Hi again Jazzman,

Not really sure what you mean by separating CBD from THC?

This is what i got in mind:

Animation for 2-to-1 THC vs CBD Ratio .GiF

[ https:// www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/understanding-marijuana-thc-cbd-levels ]
Leafly: How to Help Consumers Understand the Amount of THC and CBD in Their Cannabis (2017-Nov-29)

Such statistical distribution ain't natural, it's clearly man-made. Until Victorian-age bigotry (amplified by Nixon's "War-on-Drugs"...) it's reasonable to think that most genetic selection used to be THC-centric simply because the "buzz" was an obvious criteria and CBD wasn't initially. Then prohibition boosted such buzz-drive while it gradually appeared to promote "fidelization" (e.g. serving mercantile greed), then marginal side effects from extreme ratios eventually began to emerge and this situation is still being perpetuated even by Québec's "legal" SQdC cannabis stores where that seemed confirmed each time i asked for High-THC/Moderate-Low-CBD dry flowers. As a matter of fact i was always stuck with no other choices than to buy *2* separate products, for example one rated near 12:0 (THC:CBD %) and another 0:14, which proved radically different from 2:1, 3:1 or even 4:1 every single time and i wouldn't bet on a 3rd attempt so far.

The Public health issues this inspires me have to do with the void(s) illustrated in this animation, with consumers being left no alternative to explore between man-made extreme genetics.

...I can see the selling potential of CBD oil that glows in the dark...

M'well i cannot and i ain't alone, more details follow:

[ https:// nationalmagazine.ca/en-ca/articles/law/hot-topics-in-law/2019/how-do-we-eliminate-the-cannabis-black-market-lice/ ]
NM: How do we eliminate the cannabis black market? License it. (2019-Jul-10)

Not to mention that this is about sterilization by ionizing rays, not medical isotope production...

CBD research is unrestricted in the US at this time and in many cases private research companies are being funded by the fed government, in the way of grants, to do this research. CBD is a legal and readily available product and can be purchased without restriction for adults, there would be no reason to curtail research on something you can freely purchase.

There is confusion around the Agriculture Improvement Act (2018-Dec-20) also known as "Farm Bill".

Try federal classification (USA), still harmonized to meet UN's own bipolar definitions:

In Switzerland Hemp-based CBD was found in BioCan's CPure series 3 years ago and i'd say that's similar to what "legal in 50 states" implies in your country. Nonetheless i'm sorry to observe that "Schedule 1" remains without medical value while "scientific" investigations separating CBD from THC + "entourage effects" are little more than obvious biased "research" anyway...

Which somehow reminds me that dramatic "bootleg"/"illicit" THC cart stories mostly refered to "illegal" states where mandatory testing was NOT available, in nearly 15 of them, with some "legal" exceptions apparently.

Good day, have fun!! :cool:

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The only drug that ever like, killed my libido was Risperdal. I have no idea why, but like it suuuucked. I had to steel myself, rather like a prostitute to get naked and then the husband figured it out, LOL. he was like, "Then we shouldn't have sex!" and I was like, "that hardly seems fair." I wound up getting off it.

I will also say, I am not all that forgiving (mostly) when it comes to sexual side effects. I'm like, "I f I could do t, you can do it." Only like with a dude, it is a little more complicated, I guess. LOLZZ

I have seen Zoloft/WB before, but usually it's a poor doctor or like, WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO EVEN? type deal,.

The husband has been known to remark the ONLY good thing about mania is the sex. LOL. He is so right.

Sorry I don't know how I got here and it is clearly time to go vacuum (OH GOD) and return for a break for mopping.

I have yet to meet someone who has found CBD impacts their libido or whatever but I have not been on the lookout for that special snowflake. I'm sure I could find one and GOING.

ARgh.
Anna

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The only drug that ever like, killed my libido was Risperdal. I have no idea why, but like it suuuucked. I had to steel myself, rather like a prostitute to get naked and then the husband figured it out, LOL. he was like, "Then we shouldn't have sex!" and I was like, "that hardly seems fair." I wound up getting off it.

I will also say, I am not all that forgiving (mostly) when it comes to sexual side effects. I'm like, "I f I could do t, you can do it." Only like with a dude, it is a little more complicated, I guess. LOLZZ

I have seen Zoloft/WB before, but usually it's a poor doctor or like, WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO EVEN? type deal,.

The husband has been known to remark the ONLY good thing about mania is the sex. LOL. He is so right.

Sorry I don't know how I got here and it is clearly time to go vacuum (OH GOD) and return for a break for mopping.

I have yet to meet someone who has found CBD impacts their libido or whatever but I have not been on the lookout for that special snowflake. I'm sure I could find one and GOING.

ARgh.
Anna
Zoloft completely ate my libido. It could be argued, depending on your relationship situation of course, that it’s the best or worst thing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread