Should I drip again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcarabelos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2009
Colorado
Hello fellow vapers. So I started my vaping life with dripping. Did that for years. Within the past 4 months I have switched to the tank world. I'm using a provari with pre-cut cartos from vaporescence.com with their liquinator 3ml tank. The tank was just so convenient that I gave up on dripping. But I do miss the ability to change flavors or sample new ones. But I've heard so much that the flavor on a regular atty is much better than that of a cartomizer. Okay...so a few questions:

1. On which atty do you prefer the flavor? A carto? Or a traditional atty (only 510's here)?
2. Aside from ordering 4 rather disappointing atomizers from avidvaper.com (they were incredibly fussy with dripping, especially the HH .357), I've only ever used attys from puresmoker.com. Where would you recommend I purchase my atomizers to maximize flavor, TH, and atty life?
3. Any other benefits to either dripping/carto use that I'm perhaps unaware of?

Thanks!

morgan69

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
South Africa
I read some where earlier think it was on vaporsforum that you can make a Atty Tank,just thought i would put that out there.As for dripping i use a Lr 510 atty as my main atty of choice,i strictly drip and i have had no problems with it,i switch between debridged and Bridged all day,depending on how i am feeling in the moment.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
For some reason I've never really taken to atties. I use them, and they're great when I can't commit to a flavor, but I usually gravitate back towards cartos. There's probably a lot of opinions out there, but 306 atties are pretty nice, IkenVape has a new 306 called the IO6 if he can ever get his store back online.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
The 901 is awesome on flavor! You can get them in bulk at vaporkings 10 for $40 shipped! that's $4 per atty. I didn't want to commit to that many at one time without trying them first so I ordered one from madvapes.. after I got it I was blown away and went right over to vaporkings to place an order!

You will need a 510-901 adapter for them to fit on the provari. They're $2.50 at madvapes

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
Well since you're using a provari I wouldn't use LR no need to and as you know it drains the battery faster, I buy all my attys from greenhouseone.com because they are dirt cheap and seem to work well for me and I've never had one fail in 3 hours like I had with the attys I got from a well known and liked brand/site that charges allmost 9 dollars for an atty I was very disappointed those and they don't offer any kind of warrenty where greenhouse one does. vaperkings.com has a good bulk price on joye atties too

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
If you want the taste of dripping and the convenience of tanks I'd suggest the mini-Reo. It's a bottom feeder that feeds directly to the atty - no carto cloth/filler off taste and it truly is like dripping but from the bottom up. Squeeze the 3ml bottle and you get a shot of ejuice. I use a cisco 306lr atty with a drip tip on mine. If you want to sample other flavors, just drip from the top and don't squeeze the bottle.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
why not have both? tanks for when you're lazy, committing to a flavor, or driving. and an atty for when testing flavors or want to switch it up. i'm mainly a 306 guy, but when i bust out a 510, 901, tank once in a while, i tend to stick with it for a while and am pleasantly surprised by the switch up. variety is nice

i recommend 306s, they hit the hardest and imo resemble an analog the most, if you're not experienced with em, just don't put too much liquid in them like you would a 510. 510's i tend to use for thick liquid like the 100% vg's from AVE or Bounty Hunter, etc. 901's are nice too. i do like the atomizers from avidvaper... i found the hh357 too finicky too... ikenvape is the only other atomizer company i use, but their website is down right now (should be back up soon though)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If you want the taste of dripping and the convenience of tanks I'd suggest the mini-Reo. It's a bottom feeder that feeds directly to the atty - no carto cloth/filler off taste and it truly is like dripping but from the bottom up. Squeeze the 3ml bottle and you get a shot of ejuice. I use a cisco 306lr atty with a drip tip on mine. If you want to sample other flavors, just drip from the top and don't squeeze the bottle.
I drip exclusively with my Chucks using a 510 atomizer.

But I do have a Mini Reo for when I'll be out all day in situations that require something smaller and self-contained.
This setup works great if you have a juice you like for your main vape, but want to drip another flavor now and then too.

In other words, what he said.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread