Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Your replying to the wrong persono_O
All my mods are fine:p

well then I hope they ALL stay fine!!! I really should stop posting after taking my meds lol! Or at least change when I take them :headbang:!

I “ sometimes” jump in the middle of threads that are not the “correct” thread but at least know that I care lol!!

have a great weekend. Even better buy another stabwood mod!! :banana::banana:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I’m working hard at keeping the global economy from collapsing one mod at a time. Well ok two but I got a deal for buying more than one from stabwood mod uk as always. Phil always takes care of his customers especially his customers that should just setup camp there lol!!

anyways I’m in love with both. Took me a long time to try to make a decision (longer than 24 hours is a long time for me) but I think I initially posted these at least a month ago. It feels likes years tho lol!!

My favorite color is blue but I was having a “feel” for the other one too. Again- a bit out of the box mod for me lol!!

So I bought both Vicious Ant Duke lls. I totally wanted a mod with the curved back area where the fingers hold the mod. I have average or medium size women’s hands and the curves fit beautifully.

I haven’t even put an atomizer on them yet. Really need to think about the matchy thing. Not just color but glass and knurling etc. yes I’ve been very bored & spending way too much time -more so than usual- by myself lol.

View attachment 881791 View attachment 881795 View attachment 881801

View attachment 881805 View attachment 881807

View attachment 881811

Blue is my favorite color, I am jelly over that blue one, it is stunning, congrats.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    have a great weekend. Even better buy another stabwood mod!! :banana::banana:

A nice relaxing weekend is on the agenda I think, I hope you have an awesome one too:)
    As far as new stabwood for me goes I'm already one step ahead of you there:w00t:
    I bought myself a new Minikin Kodama 21700 a couple of days ago;)

And your two new Vicious Ants are Super Sexy:wub:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    A nice relaxing weekend is on the agenda I think, I hope you have an awesome one too:)
    As far as new stabwood for me goes I'm already one step ahead of you there:w00t:
    I bought myself a new Minikin Kodama 21700 a couple of days ago;)

And your two new Vicious Ants are Super Sexy:wub:

Awesome can’t wait to see it! It doesn’t feel THAAAT much bigger or heavier than the 18650s.

I can’t remember if I even posted a pic. I’ll get one tomorrow when it’s daytime. I’m sure I posted it. Maybe to the Mod Picture Thread in the New Comers forum.
    Oh duh here it is
    16235F43-5C58-4D1D-B16F-02C1EF94384B.jpeg
    2584A2E0-82AF-402C-8023-BA02D02D2AC6.jpeg

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    That's a totally unacceptable response from Fasttech.
    Tell them your not capable of fixing the mod and you feel it would be dangerous to do so.
    They are liable to fix or replace any broken products that are under warranty, which is most definitely your Thor 2.
    Good Luck Mate:)

And as for the puff counter on the Thor it can't be reset because it has a DNA chip. You may be able to download Evolv for it which I haven't done for mine so I can't say if you can reset the counter through Evolv or not.
    But you can't through the mod as it is.
    I have Escribe, I swore that on my older dna models, I could reset the puff count. Like the old dna 166, 200, 60, and other older gen boards

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    I’m working hard at keeping the global economy from collapsing one mod at a time. Well ok two but I got a deal for buying more than one from stabwood mod uk as always. Phil always takes care of his customers especially his customers that should just setup camp there lol!!

anyways I’m in love with both. Took me a long time to try to make a decision (longer than 24 hours is a long time for me) but I think I initially posted these at least a month ago. It feels likes years tho lol!!

My favorite color is blue but I was having a “feel” for the other one too. Again- a bit out of the box mod for me lol!!

So I bought both Vicious Ant Duke lls. I totally wanted a mod with the curved back area where the fingers hold the mod. I have average or medium size women’s hands and the curves fit beautifully.

I haven’t even put an atomizer on them yet. Really need to think about the matchy thing. Not just color but glass and knurling etc. yes I’ve been very bored & spending way too much time -more so than usual- by myself lol.

View attachment 881811
    Omg they are absolutely gorgeous..

• Love
    Reactions: Fidola13

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

View attachment 881811

Still deciding on RBAs for these two new loves. I’d love to match a blue rta to the blues in the Duke ll and maybe just stay with a simple stainless steel rta with a colored tip. But I’m not even sure what color that is 2nd one is. called. It’s red or cranberry or something.

I’m not good with color matching so any help about a dt color would help!!

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Still deciding on RBAs for these two new loves. I’d love to match a blue rta to the blues in the Duke ll and maybe just stay with a simple stainless steel rta with a colored tip. But I’m not even sure what color that is 2nd one is. called. It’s red or cranberry or something.

I’m not good with color matching so any help about a dt color would help!!

You need a blue RTA?
    Have a look at a blue one of these, the best RTA on the market;)
    Vapefly Brunhilde RTA 25mm 2ml/8ml Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Well, all done and ready to vape!
    I feel that I probaly could've got a better finish. Being the first time trying something like this, I'm quite happy with the way It came out...
    2a6bc4ed1bc8621347dfbade9b56121f.jpg
    39b4190160fb95a9b7e2cf3cd52e8677.jpg

looks great! Worse case scenario is to take another go at at some other time. My 1st micro mesh project an Asmodus EOS II came out great but I’m thinking of giving it a couple more light standings and trying for a smoother poly finish. But it looks so much better than when I 1st bought it.

Only reason I haven’t done it yet is that I’m lazy lol!!

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    looks great! Worse case scenario is to take another go at at some other time. My 1st micro mesh project an Asmodus EOS II came out great but I’m thinking of giving it a couple more light standings and trying for a smoother poly finish. But it looks so much better than when I 1st bought it.

Only reason I haven’t done it yet is that I’m lazy lol!!
    Me too, I had the cracked mod for two years. I finally fixed it. If it wasnt for this group, I would've never fixed it...

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    How do you achieve the super poly finish. I like that mirror clearcoat like finish. Thats what I want, that hi gloss finish. Does anyone know any other method besides the micro mesh finish, to achieve that professional clear coat mirror like finish?

I followed all the micro mesh instructions then used a poly clear coat with foam brush while micro meshing in between layers.

all these instructions should be in the 1st several pages of this thread. Hopefully this helps a bit.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    I followed all the micro mesh instructions then used a poly clear coat with foam brush while micro meshing in between layers.

all these instructions should be in the 1st several pages of this thread. Hopefully this helps a bit.
    I started the micro mesh method on the repaired mod. It dosnt seem to be enough to get any real shine out of it. Im buying some polishing bars. Ill see how that go's.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I started the micro mesh method on the repaired mod. It dosnt seem to be enough to get any real shine out of it. Im buying some polishing bars. Ill see how that go's.

it may need courser sanding like you getting. Take pics as you go though the process. You’ll be amazed. I went thru a down - why did I do this period but after seeing the final poly coated finish I’m really happy.

If you do it by hand like I did it takes a long time and elbow grease. Some have used dremels but I stuck with what I had learned on other sites.

I posted a few before and after pics of an EOS II and Thor Kodama. I’ll see if I can still find them.

I’ve only done this to a couple Asmodus mods since they seem to be the ones who keep costs low by not spending much time with the finish. However, some mods just look right with a muted matte finish too. So I just keep them clean and polished. I use my Stab’s ALL the time in the house. I don’t have like a display for them. They’re my working mods. I can’t imagine not using them all the time.

keep us updated as your going along. The VU forum is where I learned most of the stabwood care but I don’t know if many people post in it lately but you could check out early pages here and there as well. Good luck!!
    4C0128E8-D1FA-418A-AF54-BB14A8F41CFF.jpeg
    67500DA6-5ACF-4E33-BF4F-EE7B6E8DB8B1.jpeg
    5FA4325C-09C4-4BF8-8E35-E52BC6E1AF1F.jpeg
    6987D11D-D53B-4897-A94C-F035C1A2D945.jpeg
    EBD9FBD1-9D31-4287-B1DD-5F6593799B83.jpeg

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    Thats the finish Im after. Maybe I didn't spend enough time on mine. I'm going to get some poly to seal the finish on my next attempt. Its definitely a learning experience.
    Ive had this mod for years now, it fires and handles any build I put on it. Thats why I took out the time to repair it, If not I would've just trashed it.
    a3c5542e51dd9d9db1cb7dea9f645b4e.jpg
    c858765874d6f4f125291e61b3e61ee0.jpg

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    I've definitely got to agree that for the final meshing that you have to do it by hand, and that can take a couple of days to get right.

Dremel or Sanders are only useful for really rough stabwood and can sometimes do more harm than good, so they have to be used very carefully and with high grades or grits (the fine ones). Otherwise you can stuff things up very fast.

• Agree
    Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Users who are viewing this thread