image.jpeg

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I have a slight pet “peeve” and that’s when mods especially stab wood mods are incredibly over saturated in photos. It’s pretty obvious. I admit to adding more color in the early days of my stab wood collections photos also.

now, I’d rather see them in black & white but “realistic” somehow:cool:!!

Not sure why I was thinking of this - oh wait- be careful purchasing mods over the phone with the super easy to use that Saturation button on photoshop or other apps.

To get the “best” pics showing the incredible colors is to to obviously clean, wipe then buff the mod to make all the colors pop and shine!! I use renaissance wax or a mineral oil or sometimes just really clean it with a very soft cloth.

The next step is CRITICAL- find a spot where the sun is shining and set the mod at an angle so you’re not blinded by the suns reflection off the side of it. Otherwise the contrast between the colors is washed out.

Let’s see and hear of some examples of getting the best pics of our stabwoods as a way to be Supportive of our love of stabwoods and gently add some ideas for improvement.

Is this a bad time to attempt this project since there’s a lot of emotions running high or could it be a fun way to distract ourselves and enjoy others’ stabbies and enhance our own beautiful mods even more if possible???????? Or even repair Things like cracked resin!! :thumb::thumb:

Anyways it’s just an idea and maybe other newer stabwood owners will jump in! We really are a very friendly and supportive group of people!!!:wub: :wub: !!

So who here will be brave enough to give this a go? :blink::banana::banana::banana:!!!

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I have a slight pet “peeve” and that’s when mods especially stab wood mods are incredibly over saturated in photos. It’s pretty obvious. I admit to adding more color in the early days of my stab wood collections photos also.

Not sure why I was thinking of this - oh wait- be careful purchasing mods over the phone with the super easy to use that Saturation button on photoshop or other apps.

To get the “best” pics showing the incredible colors is to to obviously clean, wipe then buff the mod to make all the colors pop and shine!! I use renaissance wax or a mineral oil or sometimes just really clean it with a very soft cloth.

The next step is CRITICAL- find a spot where the sun is shining and set the mod at an angle so you’re not blinded by the suns reflection off the side of it. Otherwise the contrast between the colors is washed out.

Let’s see and hear of some examples of getting the best pics of our stabwoods as a way to be Supportive of our love of stabwoods and gently add some ideas for improvement.

Is this a bad time to attempt this project since there’s a lot of emotions running high or could it be a fun way to distract ourselves and enjoy others’ stabbies and enhance our own beautiful mods even more if possible???????? Or even repair Things like cracked resin!! :thumb::thumb:

Anyways it’s just an idea and maybe other newer stabwood owners will jump in! We really are a very friendly and supportive group of people!!!:wub: :wub: !!

So who here will be brave enough to give this a go? :blink::banana::banana::banana:!!!

I take all of my stabwood pics under an artificial light with an iPhone 4:)
    I'm more than happy with the pictures and that's the main thing;)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

I agree, natural light can make a world of difference to a photo :wub: Here's my Lunas saturation-free, photographed a few minutes after sunrise

sunnylunas.jpg

Skwij

ECF Veteran
    Sep 4, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Due to financial reasons I’ll be selling most of my stabwood collection. Please keep an eye out on the classies if interested!!

Oooohhhhh...... that sucks. I'm so sorry you're having to do this.
    I'm also sorry I can't afford the ones you've already posted. Good luck and hope you don't have to sell too many.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I hope you quickly spring back without having to sell all, good luck!

Actually that’s what I’m hoping too so keep your fingers crossed or pray to whatever God you believe in that I find a decent roommate in the middle of a pandemic.

And my poor sister shattered her elbow and had surgery yesterday so I may be caring for her preferably here in my home.

But thank you so much. Tbh I use the same ones over & over again. I don’t know why. I used to rotate them occasionally. Maybe after I broke my hip I just got lazy not being able to change out mods. Hard enough rewicking on pain meds lol!!!

Mikhuu

May 1, 2020
    Hi all,

Got my Thor back from a firend who fixed the crack and took off the clear coat.
    Im so amazed of the result!

It got so good that you won't even notice the crack if you don't know where to look :)

Attachments

• CE6563CB-41B5-43EF-B444-928B057542D0.jpeg
      CE6563CB-41B5-43EF-B444-928B057542D0.jpeg
      1.6 MB · Views: 33
    • F652B10F-B7E8-4DFC-AB4E-673773B03537.jpeg
      F652B10F-B7E8-4DFC-AB4E-673773B03537.jpeg
      1.6 MB · Views: 34
    • 4FD71F5E-DD75-4D86-9BA8-53613A97AF9F.jpeg
      4FD71F5E-DD75-4D86-9BA8-53613A97AF9F.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread