Not open for further replies.

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
Thanks, I hope I get the hang of gravity feeding because its beautiful.

@silentt:come buy the thread and have someone pull up the tips and tricks post for ya!!! I can't post it here b/c it has quotes in it from Fono(at least i think i can't:unsure:)

@beenshot
excellent BEEN!!!:) I love it. from were that board started (and the history behind it) to were it is now, is just amasing

beenshot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Knobel, Arkansas
here goes, Brutus. but I warn you that I'm not the best story teller.

I live on the banks of Black River in northeast Arkansas and have always been partial to the Cypress trees. I decided that I wanted fono to make me a Phid out of some of the wood and he advised me that we needed dry wood. there was an old cabin here on the property that was built back in the 40's out of sawmill run cypress. it was no longer of any use but was kind of a symbol for days gone by. an old river rat had used it all of his life and really enjoyed his time on the river. he has long since passed and I just never had the heart to tear it down. so I removed an old plank from it and sent it to fono, expecting him to tell me that it was too far gone. in the meantime, we had a record flood that washed the old cabin away, now I'm feeling better about getting a plank off of it and am really hoping for some good news from fono. now I will let the pictures talk. fono has worked his magic and I could not be happier.
I present the world's first cypress Phidias by fonosmoak
011.jpg

006-3.jpg

003-4.jpg

008.jpg

BB3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Florida Panhandle
Finally got around to modeling my new Phidias. Sorry for the lousy cell phone pics but the camera went into the Lovely Wife's purse never to be heard from again. So, here is the World's only Pistachio Phidias(at least, so far). As pretty as the pictures are you really can't totally appreciate the craftsmanship and artistry until you hold it in your hand. It has this marvelous combination of both lightness and solidity that only a master woodworker like fonosmoak can achieve. Highly recommended.

Hope this works. :)
Phidias.1..jpg Phidias.2..jpg Phidias.3..jpg

At some time I'll try to get some taken in natural light where the beauty of the wood really shines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread