Status
Not open for further replies.

xLowEndx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Mesa, Arizona
IT WORKS!!!

I've tried plenty of cart mods but this is my favorite and probably will be forever. Even when my atty gets hot I don't get a burnt taste and it almost completely drains the cart. Here's what I do step by step:

1. Take an empty Pyramid Tea Bag so that the first cut (opening) is at the top.

2. Cut the 2 seams on the sides and flatten it out so the only seam is vertical in the middle.

3. Start to roll it from left to right. I do it pretty tight so it keeps its shape.
3.jpg

4. Cut it in half, horizontally that is, not vertically through the middle. This is important because this will give you 2 cart fillers.
5.jpg

5. After cutting make sure it holds it form. Loosen it a little, just enough to squeeze some scissors in the middle.

6. Make 3 to 4 vertical cuts depending on how loose it is. I cut it almost to the top leaving just a little connected to make it easier to handle. About 1/8".
8.jpg

7. Shove the cut end in the cart so it touches the bottom.
9.jpg

8. Cut off the "intact" end so that it is flush with the cart.
10.jpg

DO NOT CUT ANYMORE!!! Some will cut it so it is recessed but this defeats the purpose.

9. You are now done. Take the other half and follow steps 5 - 8.

- The reason you do not want to cut any more is now that you have this shredding it can hug the atty.

- When filling and refilling don't let it pool. The shredding is quite loose in the cart. It won't fall out but you will flood your atty if the juice is able to flow. This will also make it difficult to transport, anywhere.

- I'm using a 510 with round and flat carts. I can imagine it working with all other models. I can't seem to produce as much vapor though out of my flat carts but that went for any filler. Any ideas? (I do line it up with my atty.)

I also want to extend a big thanks to d0kieSmok for the idea. I really haven't changed much, just my own way of doing it.

Last edited:

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
Nice job w/ the pics. Ive been doin this for a month. Srry i didnt release info sooner, but i wanted it to be fully tested. Though i make my cuts closer together to make the strands smaller, great job!

Hey Grimm, me and my girl are a huge fan of yours. You and You alone are the reason i found out about and started vaping, and it has saved my life. Im 26 and smoked for 9 years. I quit the day i got my nebula. Thank you from the bottom of my 510.

If you like this PTB mod please do a video for it. My gf would sh*t her pants if u mentioned my name ;)

Last edited:

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
Nice job w/ the pics. Ive been doin this for a month. Srry i didnt release info sooner, but i wanted it to be fully tested. Though i make my cuts closer together to make the strands smaller, great job!

Hey Grimm, me and my girl are a huge fan of yours. You and You alone are the reason i found out about and started vaping, and it has saved my life. Im 26 and smoked for 9 years. I quit the day i got my nebula. Thank you from the bottom of my 510.

If you like this PTB mod please do a video for it. My gf would sh*t her pants if u mentioned my name ;)

wow... that means a lot to me man , thank you. This might sound corny but all i want is for people to have a satisfying vaping experience , and get the hell away from that evil evil tobacco ha ha... i'll let you know how this method works for me , for sure.

you are welcome from the bottom of my puresmoker passthrough :D

cmdrmaxwell

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
The "great place" Ft Hood
wow... that means a lot to me man , thank you. This might sound corny but all i want is for people to have a satisfying vaping experience , and get the hell away from that evil evil tobacco ha ha... i'll let you know how this method works for me , for sure.

you are welcome from the bottom of my puresmoker passthrough :D

i guess you dont hear thanks enough, i also give my thanks. i bought several PV's on your recommendations and have not regretted a single one. :thumbs:

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Grim,
Great videos! i wish i saw them before I bought my blu. Got my 510 now and lovin it.

LowEnd,
Thanks for the pictures. Great Job.

dokie,
Great mod. I've been trying a plug mod using PTB, then tried a loose PTB plug mod. But today all I had in my PCC was some of your shredded (Revolution not Lipton) PTB carts. When it was done I removed them from the cart dabbed what was left on a napkin lined them up again then tried to do a loose PTB plug with the shreads. Basically took your shreds, folded it in half, dropped about 12-13 drops of juice in an empty cart, put the folded shreds in the cart (not all the way, you start to get some resistance where the cart gets thinner) cut to just under flush then added another couple of drops.

Since I know you use the shredded method I was eager to know your thoughts on this.

rho

Last edited:

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
Rhoneil:

ive tried pretty much every variation of a plug mod i could think of. Its Very risky.
If you plan on holding it battery pointing down ur gonna get wet! On the other hand if your very very careful and keep the battery end pointed slightly up; you will be fine.

But i personally think its dangerous. The way i do the shred; it hold 12-14 drops. So i see no need to do the plug.

Although if the cart was something like the E-dobit it would be great. Because that was meant to hold a resevoir of liquid, and its sealed.

Also if your using my method, be sure not to cut it "just under flush" or "recessed"
it defeats the purpose. Some of the shred should actually go beyond the bridge and touch the fiberglass wick, and also touch the flat part of the atomizer thats made out of the same metal mesh as the bridge (the outer ring of meshl). This is why it works so well.

heres the org. thread i made about shredding.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/32683-only-way-ptb-works.html

Last edited:

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it. I think this shredded plug will work (Revolution not Lipton) . I did some previous tests and I know that the PTB material will hold off the liquid from leaking. I actually do hold the unit pointed down most of the day in my pocket in one of those sanitizer spray bottles and not one drop even if i shake or bang it. I also appreciate your shred idea, it is hugging the bridge quite nicely.

thanks for the input

rho

Last edited:

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
WOW, I gotta say that this method is really working with my 901! It virtually took weeks to get the PTB's over here in the islands, but i finally got em and tried the original method of taking the whole bag, rolling and folding in half. I then tried shredding that with the vertical cuts, but it still was not wicking much better than the polyfill. Tried your method, using half the amount, and found the following to be true: Less is indeed more! You really do only need half a bag, rolled and shredded, creating enough room in there for good wicking. I did keep the very bottom portion intact, and it is dynamite.

You are also right in saying be sure not to overfill. I did get some initial leakage into the mouth, but after a few puffs, it receded, and I have NEVER been able to vape this long without topping off. And when I topped off, it took like 8-10 drops! I swear the battery seems to be lasting longer as well, perhaps due to the easier draw, and the flavor is definitely tastier.

Big Thank you, guys, or as we say over here, MAHALO!!!

Will try for the next couple days and see how long this good story will last...

Thanks again,
GP

SquirrilahFish

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Honolulu
WOW, I gotta say that this method is really working with my 901! It virtually took weeks to get the PTB's over here in the islands, but i finally got em and tried the original method of taking the whole bag, rolling and folding in half. I then tried shredding that with the vertical cuts, but it still was not wicking much better than the polyfill. Tried your method, using half the amount, and found the following to be true: Less is indeed more! You really do only need half a bag, rolled and shredded, creating enough room in there for good wicking. I did keep the very bottom portion intact, and it is dynamite.

You are also right in saying be sure not to overfill. I did get some initial leakage into the mouth, but after a few puffs, it receded, and I have NEVER been able to vape this long without topping off. And when I topped off, it took like 8-10 drops! I swear the battery seems to be lasting longer as well, perhaps due to the easier draw, and the flavor is definitely tastier.

Big Thank you, guys, or as we say over here, MAHALO!!!

Will try for the next couple days and see how long this good story will last...

Thanks again,
GP

i dont know ab Big Island but i can find PTB almost everwhere on OAHU, Don Quijote, Wall mart, Foodland, etc. If you like, can send you some when u run out, shoots

SquirrilahFish

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Honolulu
i did the shredded PTB for a while, but i got bummed cause u cant rinse and re-use, I started using half a TB (like stated in the post) and rolling it LOOSLY so it fits snug in the cart, having it loose makes for good absorbtion and drag, and it will rap around the atty nicely (cut it flush with the cart, not recest) honestly doesnt work as good as shredded, but def. better than the original, no leakage either, and re-usable!

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
i dont know ab Big Island but i can find PTB almost everwhere on OAHU, Don Quijote, Wall mart, Foodland, etc. If you like, can send you some when u run out, shoots

Hey, Thanks SquirrilahFish. Safeway on this side is supposed to carry them, but they never seem to have. Amazon has them, but would not ship to Hawai'i for some reason. I finally got them on Ebay, cheap and sent Priority mail, so I am good to go. Got a couple boxes now, and only wasted one bag so far. I think I got the shredding down, so I'll make a a load of carts, ready to use when needed...

I appreciate your offer, brah. Hope all is well on your island. We're choking a bit on the vog over here. Wish I could convince Madame Pele to vape instead of smoking! :cool:

Malama pono,
GP

SquirrilahFish

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Honolulu
Long time lurker, first time poster. This works great! Every puff is delicious.

If you have trouble making the cuts and hanging on to the PTB, make some tiny cuts after you've inserted it in your cart as well. There really isn't much to hang on to because you need to cut pretty deep.

I pinch the side of the bag when i make my cuts, trying to miss my fingers lol, i can usually only get 2-3 cuts bf it falls apart, after i get it inside the cart i use my needle-nose tweezers and stir it all up, works pretty g though

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
;)

I seriously cant understand how u can take shredded PTB and make an almost airtight seal inside the cart. Maybe im not meant to understand. Everything happens for a reason and everything that happens is part of a bigger turn of events.. so...rock on bro! :)

Trust in The universe not in God.

My bad, I did not specify that the shredded PTB that I had was Revolution brand and not the Lipton. They are very different. Lipton PTB will need a different configuration to plug.

I edited my previous posts.

rho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread