Shredded PTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
i did the shredded PTB for a while, but i got bummed cause u cant rinse and re-use, I started using half a TB (like stated in the post) and rolling it LOOSLY so it fits snug in the cart, having it loose makes for good absorbtion and drag, and it will rap around the atty nicely (cut it flush with the cart, not recest) honestly doesnt work as good as shredded, but def. better than the original, no leakage either, and re-usable!

I thought it would be a pain to clean too but after working with the Revolution brand PTB, Lipton PTB shredded or not is really easy to work with. Im able to take them out, clean them and replace pretty easily like dokie says. Folding them is easy too.

rho

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
Alright, I'm going to have to read over this like a million times to understand. I will try it later though, going carefully through all of the pictures. :)

star,

The pics dont really show that its shredded into slivers. Do it however u have to do it; get 1/2 a teabag shredded and placed neatly in the cart.

Roll an entire tea bag, thats been cut, emptied, and peeled apart so there are no factory folds/

hold one end w/ tweezers like you were going to slide it smoothly into a cart.

Instead of penetrating the cart w/ the PTB, make cuts towards the tweezers as far as you can go and still hold it.

Your a women so im sure u have some small scissors laying around that you use for tampons or something ;), u will need as small as possible, because u want to get at least 3 cuts.

Hope u get it working, it rules.

Last edited:

lady9ball

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Iowa
Your a women so im sure u have some small scissors laying around that you use for tampons or something ;)

LOL Only blunt objects are allowed in that area! 8-o

And while I'm here, is there a town called Woodstock in NY? Or do you live in Watkins Glen where Woodstock was held? WG is one of my favorite towns - absolutely beautiful country out there!

Oh, and to keep this on topic, I am using shredded PTB but just reviewed the process and discovered I'm doing it wrong. I will try to do it properly very soon!

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
LOL Only blunt objects are allowed in that area! 8-o

And while I'm here, is there a town called Woodstock in NY? Or do you live in Watkins Glen where Woodstock was held? WG is one of my favorite towns - absolutely beautiful country out there!

Oh, and to keep this on topic, I am using shredded PTB but just reviewed the process and discovered I'm doing it wrong. I will try to do it properly very soon!

glad its working for you.

How else would you cut the string off?

Woodstock NY is the town the concert was named for. Numerous people in the industry lived here, including bob dylan, who played @ the cafe, and lived in the attic apartment!

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
Numerous celebrities still live in woodstock, or have houses here.

Robert Denerio, uma thurman are the people ive seen. here is a longer list of people who lived here in the past. keep in mind, its a small town.

# Jimi Hendrix- guitarist/singer/songwriter
# Daevid Allen - Soft Machine/Gong singer/poet
# John Ashton - producer/guitarist for The Psychedelic Furs
# The Band members: Rick Danko, Levon Helm, Garth Hudson, Richard Manuel, and Robbie Robertson - the five shared a house together, where they recorded The Basement Tapes (with Bob Dylan) and Music from Big Pink. The house, dubbed "Big Pink" is in neighboring Saugerties, though Danko, Manuel, Hudson and Helm all eventually moved to Woodstock.
# Cyro Baptista - Brazilian-born percussionist
# Richard Bell - keyboardist
# Ravi Shankar- Sitar Player, Composer
# David Bowie- songwriter, musician, fashion icon
# Paul Butterfield - blues musician
# Imani Coppola - singer/songwriter/musician (early 2000's)
# Kal David - blues musician
# Jack DeJohnette - jazz drummer
# Vasant Rai- Sarod player,Composer
# Johnny Cash - country singer/guitarist/songwriter/composer
# Aïyb Dieng - drummer and percussionist
# Bob Dylan - singer/songwriter, in the late sixties. (He had his infamous motorcycle accident while living here in 1966.)[5]
# Michael Esposito - lead guitarist with The Blues Magoos (Mercury Records 1960s)
# Jackson C. Frank - singer/songwriter
# John Hall - musician, co-founder of Orleans
# Levon Helm - musician, drummer for The Band.
# Bill Keith - banjo player/composer developed melodic or (Keith style) banjo picking.
# Steve Knight - keyboardist for Mountain; currently a member of the Woodstock Town Board
# Tony Levin - bassist
# Thelonious Monk - jazz musician
# Fred Neil - singer/songwriter
# Van Morrison - singer/songwrite

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
star,

The pics dont really show that its shredded into slivers. Do it however u have to do it; get 1/2 a teabag shredded and placed neatly in the cart.

Roll an entire tea bag, thats been cut, emptied, and peeled apart so there are no factory folds/

hold one end w/ tweezers like you were going to slide it smoothly into a cart.

Instead of penetrating the cart w/ the PTB, make cuts towards the tweezers as far as you can go and still hold it.

Your a women so im sure u have some small scissors laying around that you use for tampons or something ;), u will need as small as possible, because u want to get at least 3 cuts.

Hope u get it working, it rules.

Oh gross, I don't use tampons! :)

I'm going to try something like this right now with the half of a teabag I have left over from the last cart that I made. May not do it exactly like in the pictures, but I've got a good idea of what needs to be done.

hack-n-cough

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
San Francisco Bay
Wow!

I'd been doing the roll & fold with half a tea bag, and that was a phenomenal improvement over the fuzz that comes in the carts. So I tried this, loading the shredded part down into the cart. Much better, but it spit juice a little and my roll was so loose it was basically gripping the atty and pulling out when I took off the cart.

So, I turned it around so that the shredded part was touching (really encapsulating) the atty. Cowabunga! I have been vaping it all day, and NO BURNT TASTE, no spitting, easy fill and every drag perfection!

This is at least as much an improvement over the plain PTB mod as the PTB is over the spun poly. Just amazing.

Based on how it looks, and in the spirit of applying needless TLA's (three-letter acronyms) to mods, may I suggest FSM for this one, in honor of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?:w00t:

Seriously, though: Outstanding mod - really a huge improvement. Thanks mucho for the ingenuity and for sharing!

hey thanx for posting the shredded addition.(edition- depending on context)
In my exp w/ this I found a "short cut" LOL- i have a very dry sense of humor-sorry

Cut one seem off to empty the bag, leaving a three sided "bag"
w/ a seam left over- lets call that seam the bottom-

the bottom is what I hold on to while making vertical cuts.
What i did was NOT cut off the remaining seam(bottom), and but shoved it to the
bottom of the cart, then trim the excess.

Having that uncut part at the bottom of the cart seems to pull
even more liquid.

in the last week, aft doing this cart mod and removing that nylon string in my atts
MY 510 VAPES LIKE A FREAKIN BEAST MAN -instant nic head rush LOL

BenJammin

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Richmond Virginia, USA
My new PV of choice is a DSE601 Pipe. Good vapor, good cart longevity, awesome battery life. However, it was lacking a little bit in the flavor delivery department. Until now. PTB is hands down the best thing going. There are many fine methods of employing it, but being an uncurable tinkerer, I had to try my own hand at it inspired by the efforts of all you good people.
The Burrito Supreme
The first step is the same as the other methods except I prepare 2 PTB's into seamless flat rectangles. The pipe carts are larger, so I needed 2 to fill them properly. Set one of them aside. Cut the other into even strips of equal width slightly smaller than the diameter of the cart. Then cut the first PTB in half and render one of the halves into strips identical to the others. Stack the strips neatly and roll them up inside the remaining half much like, a burrito. Insert burrito into the cart with the strips running parallel on end to where the atomizer bridge will make contact. Trim off the excess bit sticking out (only about 1/4" or less) flush with the cart. The burrito will unfurl slightly, and the strips will loosen up yet remain secure. Add juice, but not too much. Vape & Enjoy!

No kidding, I've been casually vaping this Strawberry for nearly 6 hours with no drop off in flavor or quantity of vapor. And if I hit it harder it doesn't bog down, just keeps on chugging.
D0kie you're my hero!

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
Wow!

I'd been doing the roll & fold with half a tea bag, and that was a phenomenal improvement over the fuzz that comes in the carts. So I tried this, loading the shredded part down into the cart. Much better, but it spit juice a little and my roll was so loose it was basically gripping the atty and pulling out when I took off the cart.

So, I turned it around so that the shredded part was touching (really encapsulating) the atty. Cowabunga! I have been vaping it all day, and NO BURNT TASTE, no spitting, easy fill and every drag perfection!

This is at least as much an improvement over the plain PTB mod as the PTB is over the spun poly. Just amazing.

Based on how it looks, and in the spirit of applying needless TLA's (three-letter acronyms) to mods, may I suggest FSM for this one, in honor of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?:w00t:

Seriously, though: Outstanding mod - really a huge improvement. Thanks mucho for the ingenuity and for sharing!

=) thats what the instrustions said to doo!! glad its working for you.

hack-n-cough

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
San Francisco Bay

hack-n-cough

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
San Francisco Bay
if u make the make the vertical cuts the correct length, which should be longer than the cart; when you cut the intact end flush, you are also cutting across(horiozntal) the vertical cuts. This makes a shredded part @ the top touching the atty, and shredded @ the bottom.

Aha - thanks! Then, in my ineptitude (and with dull scissors), I guess I've ended up with a hybrid. Tattered at the atty, but a tube deep inside the cart. I actually made the last one with six cuts and [as he takes about the 15th perfect rapidfire hit in a row] it works like a dream!

Even took one out, unrolled it, washed it, re-rolled it, and used it again! (As an aside: Lorann's pomegranate tastes like cough syrup...8-o)

Guess my ignorance led to bliss! Well, in this case at least...

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
Will try for the next couple days and see how long this good story will last...

Thought I would check back in with a report after using the shredded PTB cart mod for awhile...

Well, I must say that the good story has lasted way beyond expectation: Today is the EIGHTH day straight that I have been using my first shredded PTB cart! It is still going strong and vaping like crazy. The taste may have dropped off in the slightest degree, but that could just be my juice weakening as I need to whip up a fresh batch soon.

Just fantastic results, especially since I vape a pretty thick DIY juice using a PG/VG/Capella Flavor blend.

Anyone having leakage problems with the 901 must just remember not to add too much juice at a time - get the PTB soaked nicely, but don't let it pool on top or you may get some leaking. I still can't believe how long it lasts before topping off, and when I do top off it'll take a good 6-8 drops, compared to 2 with the original filler... I probably could go even longer, but I never want my atty getting the least bit dry...

Thanks again, guys! This has been the single best improvement to my vaping experience yet. I feel no need at this point to expand my gear to include the "Big Boys" like the Prodigy or GG, thanks to this mod and a good supply of 901 batts and attys. The size and style of the 901 works just fine for me, and the amount of vapor rivals the others, in my honest opinion, thanks to my DIY juice and the shredded PTB mod...

Aloha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread