Shredded PTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
Thanks again, guys! This has been the single best improvement to my vaping experience yet. I feel no need at this point to expand my gear to include the "Big Boys" like the Prodigy or GG, thanks to this mod and a good supply of 901 batts and attys. The size and style of the 901 works just fine for me, and the amount of vapor rivals the others, in my honest opinion, thanks to my DIY juice and the shredded PTB mod...

Aloha!

Im really happy this has worked for you, i spent a while thinking about how to use the pyramid bags, most of the time spent was trying to figure out how the juice acted inside the cart. I began to think of a celery stalk, blah blah blah. Lets just say I wasted over 30ml and a few boxes of PTB's.

The amount of people that have gotten it to work right has made me happy, and has more than payed for my time and juice.

:D Love the Kona town

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
star,

The pics dont really show that its shredded into slivers. Do it however u have to do it; get 1/2 a teabag shredded and placed neatly in the cart.

Roll an entire tea bag, thats been cut, emptied, and peeled apart so there are no factory folds/

hold one end w/ tweezers like you were going to slide it smoothly into a cart.

Instead of penetrating the cart w/ the PTB, make cuts towards the tweezers as far as you can go and still hold it.

Your a women so im sure u have some small scissors laying around that you use for tampons or something ;), u will need as small as possible, because u want to get at least 3 cuts.

Hope u get it working, it rules.
Well I'm NOT a woman so I try to avoid tampons whenever possible ;-)

I do it the MANLY WAY, with a razor knife! After rolling it up and cutting in half, I just pinch the very end with my thumbnail and slice it back towards the end 4 or 5 times. Then just put the uncut end into the cart, trim off flush or even a little long to be sure and load it up! Man that little cart can take a lot of liquid.

I've been using a PTB on my 510 using the "roll and fold method" (having discarded the straw mod) and thought that was the ANSWER but still got the occasional burnt taste that wouldn't go away. Been trying all kinds of atty cleaning and cart alignment methods, only to have the burnt taste come back. grr...

This works great! I can't believe how much more liquid the cart holds, how much longer I get between top offs, and the vapor is like using a 5V mod! And no more burnt taste - and believe me I've vaped it as hard as I can trying to get it to burn :p

d0kieSmok you are a genius!!! Thanks, thanks and more thanks!

This method should be a sticky somewhere!

Now I'm going to roll 2 PTBs together and slice 'em the same way to try in my 801. Will report my progress....

Last edited:

BenJammin

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Richmond Virginia, USA
Further Adventures in Over Engineering
Must admit, my Burrito was a pain to make not nearly as simple as the Fold, Spindle, and Mutilate mods (May the Sauce be with You :D). Subsequent attempts have failed to reproduce the performance I had with my first specimen but, I've added a few improvements to the process that will hopefully yield more reproducible results. So far so good with the larger carts of my 601, even I do not have the patience to attempt this with the little guys.

Using easy release blue painter's tape to hold the PTB material in place allows for more precision cutting and leaves no tape residue on the PTB. Cutting just one of the seams, leaving the PTB as more of a pouch really helps too. When I cut the PTB stuck to a strip of tape I start at the opening of the pouch cutting neatly across producing thin rings of PTB. Removing the from the tape is easier then because the untaped upper portion acts like a handle. As an added bonus the tiny strips don't fly away in the breeze before assembly because they are rings and store safely on one of my fingers until needed. Also I've abandoned stacking the strips in favor of bunching, it holds its shape inside the cart much better than stacked. The current version of the burrito uses 2 PTB's cut into tiny rings, formed into a cigar-shaped wad rolled up inside a 3rd PTB cut into the form of a tube. The shredded wad sticks out a little bit on both sides of the tube. Cut the stuffed tube in the middle and insert each half into its own cart uncut end first. The result is now 2 carts for the effort of one with a greater density of PTB. Works much better for thinner liquids than the original with less leaking and same great vapor production so far. Sorry no pix, you wouldn't be able to decipher them with the crappy camera phone I've got anyway.

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
Well I'm NOT a woman so I try to avoid tampons whenever possible ;-)

This works great! I can't believe how much more liquid the cart holds, how much longer I get between top offs, and the vapor is like using a 5V mod! And no more burnt taste - and believe me I've vaped it as hard as I can trying to get it to burn :p

d0kieSmok you are a genius!!! Thanks, thanks and more thanks!

This method should be a sticky somewhere!

Now I'm going to roll 2 PTBs together and slice 'em the same way to try in my 801. Will report my progress....

thank you for the kind words! Im glad i've solved the wicking problem for you. :cool:
nere is my original thread Explaining how to do it.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/32683-only-way-ptb-works.html

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
thank you for the kind words! Im glad i've solved the wicking problem for you. :cool:
nere is my original thread Explaining how to do it.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/32683-only-way-ptb-works.html

NO NO! Thank YOU for all the time and effort you put into getting this right!

And yeah, I've posted that link in several places on the forum already - whenever 510s, 901s, or cart mods come up.

btw, it works great on 801s too. I tried using 2 bags at first and that was too much, 1 bag wasn't enough, 1 and a half seems to be about right. I just cut the second rectangle in half and place in the middle on top of the first one before I roll it up. The rest of the technique is the same, you just don't cut 'em in half after you roll 'em up to make up the extra cart length. First fill took 35 drops and refills take 20 easily. YMMV.

xLowEndx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Mesa, Arizona
I'm glad this method is working well for everyone and is becoming a favorite amongst most of us. I'm glad my pics helped and a big thanks to d0kieSmok for 2 things:

1. Being a complete genius and sharing this with us

and

2. Still checking in with these threads and keeping people on the right track.

Thanks again bro!!!

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
I LOVE IT! THANK YOU! Finally can vap rest assured that its gona wick and work perfectly every freakin time i grab my cig!

I've gona nuts trying this and that and this one is perfect! WOW.

Now if theres a way to not cut it all up so you can take it out for cleaning and resuse i'd be done.. maybe someone has figured that part out i didnt go threw the whole thread sorry.

I've wasted nearly 2 30 ml bottles of juice trying everything and spending most of the time refilling carts over and over as nothing was working good for me.

Yours rocks so good you can even get to carts out of 1 tea bag! Awesome.

THANK YOU SIR! ;)

heh.. they need to do a version of that Budwizer "Real American Hero" radio comercial about you and your PTB Cart Shredded invention! lol.

Last edited:

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ...off the analogs for years!
Now if theres a way to not cut it all up so you can take it out for cleaning and resuse i'd be done.. maybe someone has figured that part out i didnt go threw the whole thread sorry.

You don't need to take it out to clean it. Just partially pull out the PTB but leave it in the cart. Soak in a cup of water for a bit. Remove and dry. That's it!

aaron8

Sep 22, 2009
atlanta
a little bit confused with this...so when I open cut open the LPT bag I end up with a seam in the middle...got that. NOW...do I roll it starting from the wide end or narrow end? It kinda looks like you start from the narrow side but the next picture shows it rolled up and it looks kinda longer than what I get.

I actually tried it both ways...starting from the narrow end seems too fat...starting from the wide end seems very thin?

thanks...

whistlrr

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Michigan's Knobbywristbone
just a little tip:

You don't really need to cut the teabag open.

I just gently tug at the seams, the first one to open (and empty the tea out) and then the same for the rest of them as I go and they come apart (and then you get to use more of the teabag with no little parts cut off)

the only cutting I need to do is if I need a fully unfurled teabag in halves or smaller like for the 401 etc

not sure if my ability to do this gentle seam-splitting might be the result of having unusually small hands and fingers, but I wouldn't think so.

I haven't used the teabags in my 801 carts just yet but I suspect I'll be able to do it without any cutting at all except for the slicing it partway up at the end (because I'm thinking might be able to jam an entire teabag in there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread