Siam Mods Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleHelix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
New Jersey
Besides what the insert says for the Siam mods tip does anyone have any other tips? I lubed up with some straight VG on the inside of the drip tip and a bit on the outside of the io6 and pushed rather hard to no avail. In fact I ruined a 1.5 io6 after it got lodged in my PV (luckily just an ego as I did not want to risk it on my buzz pro) and the attie was not that old. But getting past those o-rings is uber tough. My Empire Drip shield does its job for my 510s and takes a bit of elbow grease but this thing is just ridiculous. To be honest while I adore the io6 with pryex tip, I will probably just return the Siam mod. I made sure I was pushing straight down as possible without just getting out a level :)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I would try putting the I06 in the freezer and shrinking it before trying to put the Siam Tip on it. My Siam tips go on with ease and have done so since day one. But I guess some are different from what I'm reading. Actually I'll bet it's the o-ring difference. Doesn't it say to push them on shaving the o-ring as you do on the first try?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Correct, it says downwoard pressure while twisting clockwise which I sure did, I am not The Hulk, but I would like to think I push the io6 passed the attie. I am afraid to try again as to not ruin another i06 as I only have the 1 on my PV and 1 new one left.

I certainly don't blame you there. I would E-mail Isaac if I were you. He will take care of you.

Last edited:

BlueFlyingV

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2011
Houston TX
its nearly impossible to remove these sleeves. if i pull any harder its going to break i know it. ahhhh
You sir are correct!
IMG_0737.jpg

BlueFlyingV

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2011
Houston TX
If they're that hard to remove instead of pulling on them untill they pull apart get something and push the atty out from the other end. I just removed the outer o-ring and replaced it with the thinner size o-ring.
Well sure, in hindsight that my have been a better option. I guess you would need a piece of tubing or something the right diameter so you would be pushing on outer sleeve of the atty and not the bridge or I'm pretty sure you would end up with the same result.

These need a thinner o-ring for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread