Sick of carto tank, need something else- ideas please

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Been using a carto tank on my Zmax since January. I am just so fed up with these things- fed up with punching cartos, fed up with them either flooding the carto or not enough juice getting in so it burns. Even when you get punched perfectly, the carto begins tasting nasty after only 3 days. The carto tanks are definitely more convenient than just using a carto, but the convenience comes with the price of frustration

I don't keep up with new products, so I have no idea what is currently out there. So give me some ideas and feedback on other options please.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
I do buy pre-punched cartos. BUT the ones I have found- if it is 2 pre-punched holes, the holes are tiny so I have to punch them larger. The single hole pre-punched, the hole is big enough but I have to punch a 2nd hole. So even though I buy pre-punched cartos, I still have to punch them. Even still, I'm just tired of the carto tasting like ... after 3 days.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Thanks Cocacola. I haven't given thought to anything yet, simply because I don't know what is available. The carto tank I use now is a 3ml, and I would like to stick to that size- I fill it in the morning, again at lunch, and again in the evening. I really love that size since I don't have to carry juice around. So that would rule out the Evod.

The ProTank 2 looks interesting.

wbbrn1952

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Pensacola, FL, USA
Try a BCC - Ismoka or Protank -- convience of a tank but not having to hassle with the cartomizers -- of course the heads go bad and you have to change them -- I have been able to extend the life of my heads by changing and soaking the gunked up head in vodka and then allowing them to dry and re-use.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
I'm not concerned with juice hog- I always buy 126ml bottles of my juice. And I am a constant vape from the time I wake up til the time I go to bed LOL. I'm very hopeful that the ProTank will be much better than the carto tank. I'm just so sick of cartos!

The final straw was today- I'm on day 3 of this carto. It vaped fine this morning before headed to work. Half way to work, it started tasting like crap. I had to suffer through vaping at work with it tasting like crap until I ran home on my lunch break and swapped the carto out. So annoying how a carto can just suddenly go bad, and leave you hanging at the worst time. Also my wife- last night she had me swap her carto out. The carto I put it, quite working after 2 drags. So I swapped another one, and after an hour it tasted burnt (even though it had plenty of juice in the carto), so another swap. 3 cartos down in an hour.

jfountain2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
United States
OK so.... first of all, y'all that are saying the protanks are juice hogs should see what happens when you run a genesis with a SS rope wick and a sub ohm coil.... 3ml in a few hours is my average so far.

Also, if your looking at protanks you might like the Tatroe Tank better. It's made in the USA, all stainless steel, holds 3.2ml, uses protank/evod coils and has a lifetime guarantee.... http://www.cigtechs.com/Tatroe-Tank...CsIVEwti+szEBAAAACAEAAD3gAgAAjScAAAAAADgBAAA=

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Just curious, what type of cartos are you using?

Originally I was getting Boge's from Valley Vapes- at the time they were punching & testing the cartos themselves. I was happy with those. Then they started selling pre-punched ones that were laser punched. The holes were so tiny in those, that I ended up having to punch them larger. And then he had health issues and wasn't shipping for a while, so I had to switch. I moved to another vendor (don't remember which one) for pre-punched, and those also were the tiny laser punched. My most recent batch (4 boxes) was from litecigusa. Also pre-punched Boge's, but these have a large enough hole. However these have one single hole, and it is up fairly high (about 1/3 the way up from the base), which means I have to add juice multiple times to keep the juice from dropping below the hole, or punch a 2nd hole down lower

Me and my wife are both using VW PV's- I'm using Zmax, wife is using Darwin. I vape at a pretty high wattage (9.5w) and she vapes at a lower watt (5w). But ironically she gets a burnt taste more often than I do (it's really rare for that to happen to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread