Sick of leaking, Are there any vaporizer heads that actually work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I recently started vaping with an ego t battery and a ce4. I bought 5 ce4 heads and all of them leaked or cracked in a matter of days.
A friend suggested I get a higher quality iclear16, but I'm having the same issues. Someone else suggested I use the type of tank that has cotton in the middle instead of wicks, but I dont know what it's called or how to find them.
I want something small and portable and also low maintenance. Any suggestions?
Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you! :)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Someone else suggested I use the type of tank that has cotton in the middle instead of wicks, but I dont know what it's called or how to find them.
Which is, as W+F has mentioned... a carto tank. :p

Go to Ibtanked 19mm carto tanks. Get a standard length glass with just an anodized refilling drip tip (you can get "other stuff" at a later date :))... no fancy colored glass, no ibtipsy drip tip... no Smok brand carto. $25... done.

Now... go to Surevapes and get as many of these as you can afford. Boge 2.0Ω - 510 35mm - 2X3 cartomizer. If you can afford 25 - go to the mix & match deal and get 25 of them for $28.
If you're feeling like steeping up to a better, but more costly carto, go to Ikenvape and get: IKV Platinum punch - 2.0Ω - 35mm carto.

There... that wasn't so hard, was it? ;-)

Now... look up Baditude's blogs on using carto tanks... read, learn. Have fun!

Addendum. Do not buy some cheapass polycarbonate with plastic endcaps tank for $10... you will regret it. :closedeyes:

Last edited:

DamienZ32

Sep 30, 2013
Lexington
I recently switch from the ce4 tanks myself as I had the same problem. I am now using the Kanger EVOD and I've not had a single problem. The taste is much better too. But as stated above, if you are not careful when unscrewing the tank from the battery, you could end up with juice everywhere. I always make sure the tank is very tight on every refill.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Nothing against the recommendations about carto-tanks, but I chose not to go that route.
I like the relative simplicity of filling "clearomizers" which a couple people have mentioned.
ANY of the recomended ones - the T3, or the EVOD, or the ARO (I think - I don't have one of those) should be better than your CE4.
What juice are you using?
I ask because you mentioned cracking. There are juices (citrus, cinnamon) that WILL degrade ANY of the polycarbonate clearomizers. If you like those flavors, you need a "glass" or "Pyrex" tank - a "glassomizer".
If that's the case, go look at the Kanger ProTank or ProTank mini, and you'll be happy!!

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Like some of the above suggestions I would recommend one of the bottom coil clearomizers. Once you get the hang of refilling them they are pretty lower low maintenance. I use the Kanger T3S and Protank 1 and I have had very few issues, I haven't had any leaking problems but I have gotten some gurgling before which was easily fixed.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Properly used, Ce4, Ce5, Kanger T2, etc, should not have much if any leaking issues. Over fill and they will leak.
Lay them on their side and they will leak.
Tip them to much and they will leak.
Let them sit for days and they may leak.

Now, properly fill - Vape normally - Tip/twirl as needed - and they should work fine.

All that only to come back to this. If it Has a wick and coil and it has a hole all the way through(hollow center pipe) No matter if it is a top wick Clearo or a bottom coil Tank................there is the possibility of a leak.

Once you learn all the in and outs of your Gear you will stop having these issues. Until then you can keep trying other devices and may get lucky, but in the end they are all capable units.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Sick of leaking, Are there any vaporizer heads that actually work?

None. But I capitalized on it and had got my car in one of those advertising programs. I get paid $1200 a month to have my car advertise Depends Adult Diapers. That way if I get out of my car in front of a crowd with wet pants from a leaky mod, I just say "I should'a worn my Depends!"

UW_Men_Super_19842_L-XL_350.jpg

Jewels

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Never had any luck with the CE4s or CE5s - so I switched to these: 5pc eGo 3ml Tabac/KangerTech T3 BCC (Bottom Coil Changeable) Clear cartomizer/Clearomizer
Been using them for over a year - haven't had any leakers - they are much harder to burn - but you still have to let the wick absorb the juice before vaping (I take a few hits off mine without pressing the battery button to make sure the strings and coil are wet enough).

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
everything leaks for some reason :vapor:

If that's true for you, then you're doing something wrong. I recommend you read/watch YouTube videos to figure it out.

I have never had a clearomizer leak, any kind, but I like some more than others.

I'm not a fan of top-coil clearos--CE everything, ViVi Nova etc., but they all work and do not leak, if used properly.

I like Kanger BCC line, especially the latest updates: T3S, baby T3, mini ProTank 2 and eVod. Probably in that order. They are easy to fill, easy to clean and the coils are inexpensive.

Good luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread