sick and tired of struggling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJade

Apr 29, 2013
Ireland
Haven't had a cig in about 5 months. Initially, I had no trouble with my starter kit (egoT ce4), but now it leaks, gurgles, gets that horrible burnt taste etc. Even with new coils/wicks. I even tried the disposable tanks. While on a trip to England recently I bought what I thought was the Vivi Nova, but it was obviously a knock-off at 12.00 pounds? Don't like it - the draw is too "airy". And don't like the metal mouthpiece. It also leaks.

I now need to buy something that doesn't leak/gurgle/put juice in my mouth etc. That's easy to "maintain"; and that's not a knock-off. I've been researching - i think the provari is too espensive. So, any suggestions?
Thank you in advance

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
The Vamo is what I use. Fastech offers free shipping. I use a carto-tank. BOGE cartos. I have had no problem with leaking. With the Vamo the Batteries are cheaper when it comes time to replace. With the Carto tank the only thing you are replacing is the Carto. I find the flavor and vapor to be better than with the CE4. I did buy a VIVI,from a BM and while like the ease of cleaning and filling,I still prefer my carto tank. Good luck to you.

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Replacing gear is a fact of life, everything wears out. I love the Protank 2. So far, it has been leak free (save for a screw up on my part cleaning a head incorrectly). The heads should last a month or two each with cleaning. They cost about a dollar apiece, less if you choose to recoil them yourself so maintainence costs on the tank is low. They work just fine with a twist style battery, but I am going to replace the batteries with an iTaste MVP 2 (for variable wattage and form factor) when they are available. Hope this helps.

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
If your not into rebuildable atomizers get a Kanger pro tank 2, or pro tank mini if you stick w/ the ego's.

If you want the best quality learn about rebuildable atomizers and either go VV/VW device or Mech. BTW for the 12 bucks you spent on that vivi nova is most likely legit. I used vivi novas they leaked. Honestly the only tank I found acceptable but never great was the Kanger pro tank although it was airy on the draw at least it didn't leak.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Haven't had a cig in about 5 months. Initially, I had no trouble with my starter kit (egoT ce4), but now it leaks, gurgles, gets that horrible burnt taste etc. Even with new coils/wicks. I even tried the disposable tanks. While on a trip to England recently I bought what I thought was the Vivi Nova, but it was obviously a knock-off at 12.00 pounds? Don't like it - the draw is too "airy". And don't like the metal mouthpiece. It also leaks.

I now need to buy something that doesn't leak/gurgle/put juice in my mouth etc. That's easy to "maintain"; and that's not a knock-off. I've been researching - i think the provari is too espensive. So, any suggestions?
Thank you in advance

Hi

Initially you asked about recommendations for different Juice Delivery Systems (the clearos cartos, tanks, etc., ) which hold the liquid and delivers it to the heat element which vaporizes it. Sometimes called "Toppers," they are screwed onto the battery device and are what have the potential to gurgle, flood, leak, sputter, whatever...then your post went awry.

A ProVari is a battery device, a very nice battery device, but it is only a power source. The same as a Vamo, or whatever else has been recommended along those lines. Without a good delivery system, a new battery is not going to solve leaking, gurgling or getting a mouthful of juice.

Is it possible you meant a Protank? There are several toppers available on the market for you to try; unfortunately, there is still trial and error involved, since not everyones like the same things, but first you need to clarify what you what. Skipping the idea that a new battery will make any difference, you might want to try a bottom coil clearo: like an EVOD, a Protank 2, a Protank mini (it looks less wieldy on an eGo than a full size Protank **in my opinion**) or whatever just hit the market in the last 5 minutes. Carto tanks are quite nice too.

If you are looking to update your battery device, more power to you, but seeking recommendations for solving juice delivery problems is a completely different thing.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Congrats on the 5 months smoke-free!! :toast:

I was confused about your questions, too. At first describing problems encountered with the juice delivery device, then jumping to talk of a new battery device. Are you considering switching to a whole new setup (juice delivery device and battery device), too?

Although our vaping supplies have improved dramatically over what was available just a year ago, items are still not perfect. Some items will work better for some people, other items will work better for someone else. I've found that it is often necessary to try a little of everything until you find something that works best for you. I always do a search for a new product on You Tube to watch a demo or review to learn if it looks like something that I would be interested in using, and learning tips on how to maintain it.

I've created a little picture dictionary of the more common juice delivery devices currently available to us. Take a look to see what might strike your interest:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...k-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Yes at 5 months you are probably ready to upgrade from your eGo-T batteries and CE4's. To be honest nether those batteries or those heads held my interest for that long. Just understand that the battery and the heads are different issues, but the new type of battery you choose to get may influence what type of head you would want to use with it. So it's probably a good idea to indulge in a bit of reading before you decide.
    All of us are capable of saying what we like and use, but in the end those suggestions may or may not be what you will like and choose to use.
    I would have to say that my favorite is the Reo
    http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=36&Itemid=3
    with these simple little cartos
    http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...category_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3
    Understand tho', that those particular cartos would be a waste of time on say a Provari.

Be sure to get a good drip tip tho' because carto tubes get hot.
    I use these batteries in my Reo
    AltSmoke.com - Efest IMR 18500 1100mAh LiMN Recharageable Battery

Last edited:

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    Rochelle, VA
    Below is what I priced out for a buddy on a budget that needed a good set up to stay off the ciggies. This is just my opinion and I have played with a lot of different set ups. I just think the one below just gives the most stable enjoyable vape for the cost point. But again other folks might have a better suggestion.

Now the Provari is a great device, drop that puppy in the toilet and it still works, if not the folks at Provape fix it up good as new. Not that I have dropped my Provari in the toilet that many times :facepalm:

• INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod - $37.21 (at Fasttech about $70 to $100 in the US)
    • Kanger ProTank II - $21.95
    • Fest IMR 18650 2000mah Flat Top 3.7v Rechargeable LiMn Battery x 2 - $19.98
    • TrustFire™ TR-001 Multifunctional Charger - $14.95

The only thing I would be careful about the above is getting the batteries and changer at a reputable vendor, think there is a list around here?

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 17, 2013
    North of NYC
    The svd and vamo are good vv/vw devices but maybe the itaste v3 kit from fasttech might be your solution.

I got it as a backup for the car, because you can use it while charging it with a micro-usb same as my galaxy s3. It comes with 5 iclear 16's a charger and a very detailed instruction manual. I have had no problems with the device or the iclear 16's.

all in for around $40

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1383905

bosun

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 24, 2013
    in between the ice ages
    Inexperienced newbie here, so you can take my opinions for what they are worth (g). Reading through the forums, I'm picking up what seems like a lot of talk about CE**** tanks/toppers leaking. If that is the problem, get a new set of toppers to fit your battery as noted above. I've been using 808D-1 battery setups (CigEasy Elite 808) with no problems. Simple system, generally have one stuck in my shirt pocket at all times. No leaks, using cartos and clearos. I like the KISS principle - Keep It Simple Stupid!

McJade

Apr 29, 2013
    Ireland
    To Ocelot and Baditude - See, I didn't know that the Provari was only a battery device!! You answered so many of my unasked questions. So, it's a good "delivery system/topper" i'm looking for. I'm happy with my ego batteries - all 6 of them LOL. Never heard of an EVOD - will research that too. My vivi has a bolt type thingy you have to screw onto the battery in order for it to work. I bought a 1ml RC4, bottom coil, just to try. but got juice in my mouth. At the end of the day, I'll probably go for the Protank 2. Thanks for your input!!

Last edited:

pita1028

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 7, 2011
    North Jersey

Thank you in advance

It has zero to do with your batt. Its the ce4. Tight draws will burn a coil faster combined with vg content.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Taltos

ECF Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Congrats on the 5 months!

You might want to ask some questions on the ProTank 2. You mentioned not liking the "airy" hit on a knock off nova. I haven't tried the ProTank 2 but I have tried the ProTank. It is a very "airy" hit. I don't mind it but a lot of people do and you mentioned not liking that.

I don't like the ProTank for totally different reasons. I'm waiting for the Mini ProTank 2. The ProTanks flooded all the time on me. I think it is the fact that I live in Arizona and go from 78 degrees in the AC to 115 degrees outside. Everytime I do that the ProTank floods. I think it is pressure changes from the almost 40 degree temperature change. I have a number of other Kanger toppers and no problems with them but they are all smaller in diameter and less air space in the tank. I have EVOD's and MT3's.

Good Luck and keep hunting. You'll find what you love...over and over again if you like lots of us! :D

McJade

Apr 29, 2013
    Ireland
    Congrats on the 5 months!

You might want to ask some questions on the ProTank 2. You mentioned not liking the "airy" hit on a knock off nova. I haven't tried the ProTank 2 but I have tried the ProTank. It is a very "airy" hit. I don't mind it but a lot of people do and you mentioned not liking that.

I don't like the ProTank for totally different reasons. I'm waiting for the Mini ProTank 2. The ProTanks flooded all the time on me. I think it is the fact that I live in Arizona and go from 78 degrees in the AC to 115 degrees outside. Everytime I do that the ProTank floods. I think it is pressure changes from the almost 40 degree temperature change. I have a number of other Kanger toppers and no problems with them but they are all smaller in diameter and less air space in the tank. I have EVOD's and MT3's.

Good Luck and keep hunting. You'll find what you love...over and over again if you like lots of us! :D

Flip!!! Just when I thought I'd go for the Protank LOL.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Flip!!! Just when I thought I'd go for the Protank LOL.

Taltos's issues with his Protank are likely self-diagnosed. I've read of the same issue with some people's cartotanks with marked changes in either elevation or temperature changes. This issue might be resolved if you take the time to open the Protank up as if to refill it, and then shut it, to equalize the pressure in the tank when you enter a marked difference in temperature.

I have the Protank 1 and 2, and have had no issues with either.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread