Sidesho vs Joye510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weebs

Jun 21, 2010
Michigan
I'm going to be purchasing my first electronic cigarette, and I have narrowed it down to these two. From what I've read these are both great products, and it sounds like either one is a good choice. What I'm wondering is for those of you who have used both of these models, which one produces more vapor, which produces more of a throat hit, but mostly importantly (to me at least) which produces the best flavor?

Sethari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I dont own a sideshow but I would think most would tell you to go with the 510 for both better vapor production and TH.
The problem there is that the same "most" do not own a Sidesho either and are thus not qualified to give a comparative opinion, which is what the OP asked for.

pdssoft

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Michigan, USA
Well, I own both the Sidesho and 510 and the three qualities you request (Vapor, Throat Hit, and Flavor) are where you are going to run into a problem.

For Vapor and Throat Hit, the 510 will probably be your choice, but the 510 burns hotter than the Sidesho and therefore burns off more flavor. The "hit" tends to be harsher and the flavor weaker.

Choose wisely weedhopper. ;)

pdssoft

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Michigan, USA
What is the Sidesho? I believe the model number is J106 although most people here will classify it as a modified M401 with different male/female atty and battery.

It is about the same length as a 510 however the diameter is only 8.5mm vs the 510's 9.5mm. I (incorrectly) always classify it as a super-mini due to it's diameter but it is actually a mini.

The batteries come in automatic or manual and are ~160mAH vs a 510’s ~180mAH. The kit sold at Modern Vapor contains 2 complete Sidesho eCigarettes, a Smart PCC, chargers and additional carrying case. If you use the Modern Vapor Coupon (see kaeo773 signature) you get an additional discount.

Since you're a 510 user, note: there will be a learning curve since the Sidesho carts are very different than the 510.

With all that said, Tony will probably need to post and correct any errors/additions/changes from what I stated...

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
I own both sidesho and a 510. Get the Sidesho. I don't hate my 510's. They are nice products, but they're not great. The sidesho is reliable, has a great atty and is easy to use. The atty is great for dripping, (it's exposed) and the cartridges hold a pretty decent amount of liquid. I'm still using my original attys that came with my first kit in February. More proof than that? I think I quite literally own every possible battery color and atty for the Sidesho. They're really great. You also might want to take a look at the 902's. Larger, but still nice looking, great atty (though not exposed) and holds a ton of liquid. Also customer service from Tony is incredible! You will not be disappointed with Modern Vapor. Oh, almost forgot, shipping is super fast. If you have any specific comparison questions I'd be happy to answer them.

As far as flavor, definitely Sidesho, the atty doesn't burn some liquids like the 510's do.

Last edited:

keveck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
aaa
I could get 2 full kits of 510's for that price.

I don't see how you figure this.
The kits from modern vapor come with 2 attys, two batteries, a pcc, a case, a usb charger, a wall charger, and 10 cartridges for 59.96 after 20% discount using discount code ecf20.

You show me a comparable 510 kit that's 30 bucks.

keveck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
aaa
I have tried 401s' from 2 different vendors and they just died on me.
So is the sidesho a new and improved version?
Really want to know.
How about the 902?

The sidesho is a modified version of something, but I'm not sure exactly what it is. The cartridges are much larger than equivalent mini e-cigs. It's also compatible with 510 attys, but the 510 is considerably wider and it looks a little strange. Also, the sidesho atty is exposed, which makes it much easier to clean and takes up less space than a normal atomizer.

The 902 is an improved version of a 901. AFAIK, the cartridges are also larger. It resembles a KR 808D-2 (Not very common, and not to be confused with a KR 808D-1, which is very common).

Hope this helps, that's about all I can elaborate on.

Sethari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2010
Binghamton, NY
You show me a comparable 510 kit that's 30 bucks.
It was probably a reference to Tasty Vapor's $25 510 knock-off kits. They're that cheap because they don't come with any sort of warranty. /digression

The Sidesho is a great unit and I'll add mine to the chorus of voices that sing the praises of MV's customer service. You won't find anyone better. I bought my first Sidesho (for my wife) a month ago. Got a second set a week later for myself and I've never looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread