Sigelei 100 watt dual 18650 box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, stupid question.

I'm about to order a 100 watt sigelei. What type of batteries should I get for it? Currently, I have several grey CGR18650CH from Panasonic that I've been using in other devices. Are these okay?

This is my first box mod. I would also appreciate it if anyone could point me to a place to purchase the batteries inexpensively.

Thanks in advance!

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Personally, I wouldn't run those Pannys in the Sig100. For one, they have the 10A limit. For another, you want to start with at least one new, matched pair of cells. Use them together, charge them together, rotate positions in the mod when you swap them.

I'd recommend the Samsung 25R. Buy one or more two packs (click the drop down to select the two pack) from Lightning Vapes -use code LV20 for 20% off. They'll end up being $6 each with free shipping.

Samsung INR 18650 25R Battery FLAT OR BUTTON TOP | Lightning Vapes

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
These are rated 10A, as far as I can find out. So knowing that you can calculate what coils to put in your rda/rta. But short answer, yes that should be fine. I think they recommend using 30A rated batteries just to support the whole range the mod can fire under.

Coil resistance in a variable wattage, regulated mod like the Sigelei 100 has no bearing on battery current drain. Coil resistance only dictates the voltage ranges you can use.

Notice the amp draw doesn't change in the examples below (.5ohm coil and 1.0ohm coil) but the output voltage does. The second example also shows that a 1ohm build cannot be run at 100W due to the mod's voltage limitations. Additionally, current drain increases as battery voltage decreases. This can be modeled in the calculator by clicking the the down arrow next to the battery voltage and watching the current drain value increase.

CHsahcN.png

2UsByeq.png

Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Last edited:
I use the Samsung 25R in mine.

Are the Efest 30A batteries better? (being 30A instead of 20A).

And lastly, does the Sigelei Plus use button top or flat top?
(This is a long thread, and I haven't read every page yet....)
I just placed the order, and am about to get the batteries.
I really appreciate everyone's fast response!

E-CIGARETTE FORUM ROCKS!

newphreak

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Cold north, NORWAY
hehe I didn't think that all the way through indeed. Guess it's a good thing I'm not an electrician. The resistance only has a real role in mechs. IF you know the limitations, you can just use less wattage to work around the drainage. But I'll stop going off topic since I was wrong :blush: Guess I should mark my paired batteries as well and swap places. I have one pair of sony vtc5, and one pair of purple efest batteries.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Are the Efest 30A batteries better? (being 30A instead of 20A).

And lastly, does the Sigelei Plus use button top or flat top?
(This is a long thread, and I haven't read every page yet....)
I just placed the order, and am about to get the batteries.
I really appreciate everyone's fast response!

E-CIGARETTE FORUM ROCKS!

Previously in another mod I used AW 2000 but they are only rated to 10amps.

I have not used efest batteries - I read that many people do.

I use flat top batteries - It may take button top but i will tell you that my flat top batteries are a real tight fit.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
samsung 25r batteries are good for 22 amps which is what you hit at 83 watts so if you want to run above that to 100 watts you might want a higher amp rating

like SONY VTC3, VTC4 & VTC5
Efest 2500Mah 35A, Efest 2100 30A

How are you calculating those numbers?

At 100W on a full charge the Sigelei should only be pulling ~13A according to the Steam Engine battery drain calculator.

How are you calculating those numbers?

At 100W on a full charge the Sigelei should only be pulling ~13A according to the Steam Engine battery drain calculator.

Steam Engine/battery drain
Device type = regulated
Atomizer resistance = .4 (not that it matters .15 to .49 for 100w)
Mode = power regulation (VW)
Battery presets = Samsung INR 18650-25R
Battery voltage = 4.2

results in Battery drain – what taxes your battery:
Current 26.46 A

the Atomizer – what hits your topper: is only important to your vape
Current 15.81 A

if I am understanding all this right

Last edited:

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Steam Engine/battery drain
Device type = regulated
Atomizer resistance = .4 (not that it matters .15 to .49 for 100w)
Mode = power regulation (VW)
Battery presets = Samsung INR 18650-25R
Battery voltage = 4.2

results in Battery drain – what taxes your battery:
Current26.46A

the Atomizer – what hits your topper: is only important to your vape
Current15.81A

if I am understanding all this right

You need to use 8.4v for your voltage value since two batteries in series double input voltage.

Refer to the screenshots I posted about 10 posts back. I'm also assuming 90% APV efficiency. I have no idea what the real world value is.

Last edited:
You need to use 8.4v for your voltage value since two batteries in series double input voltage.

Refer to the screenshots I posted about 10 posts back. I'm also assuming 90% APV efficiency. I have no idea what the real world value is.

WOW! that is very different. I believe you are correct, i missed that. thank you for pointing it out. this makes me feel a lot safer using the Sigelei 100W and gives me more battery choices i can select from. Props to you inswva.

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
Eciggity is taking pre-orders on Sigelei 150W, expected release date Dec 22, 2014.:D

I saw that too. I'm still looking at just getting the 100w plus. I'll never need that much anyways. I'll be getting quite a bit extra from my paycheck tomorrow so I think I'll order a 100w plus and a cloupor mini as a christmas gift to myself xD

haliwa69

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
United States
I just got the 100+ a couple weeks ago and have been searching everywhere with no luck. Has anyone else had their battery meter jump up and down? I've got two sets of matched 18650's, two purple efests and two 25r's. Both sets were bought new together, charged together and marked to use in the Sigelei only. Not a big deal as far as I can tell, but it gets a little annoying watching the battery level jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread