Not open for further replies.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
From what I heared many people sent it in for the button falling off because it does come with 160 day warranty. Many of them have been waiting 8-10+ weeks. None of them got it back yet. Not wanting to wait and beyond frustrated, I voided the warranty by taking apart the box.. Now it's looking like $120 worth of scrap parts :(

A $300 ProVape anything is way too rich for my blood...but you can't beat that they are made in the USA. :(

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Ohh dear. Sorry to read this Jay.
Update from my previous post. Stripped the deck down and coil is 100%. Fires off and glowing perfect. Re-wicked and vaping like a champ again at .7 ohm.

I pray you get through your issue Jay without added $$$'s

:D Nice brudda.

tFOrRESTee

Nov 3, 2014
USA
From what I heared many people sent it in for the button falling off because it does come with 160 day warranty. Many of them have been waiting 8-10+ weeks. None of them got it back yet. Not wanting to wait and beyond frustrated, I voided the warranty by taking apart the box.. Now it's looking like $120 worth of scrap parts :(

hey Jaym4n20, sorry to hear this. Hope you buddy can help you fix it. btw, while at it, would you mind taking some pictures of your box and let us see what's inside? Thanks!

tFOrRESTee

Nov 3, 2014
USA
Just got my Marquis rda and the flavor is really good (8 wraps each on 26g kanthal with reading of 0.5 ohm and I only use 23 watts to slow cook it :D )! This is my first time to do vertical build so I think I need to improve my wicking technique. :blush:

mNaNFC.jpg

Lln0u2.jpg

cHAdUc.jpg

Jaym4n20

Jan 21, 2015
Pa
Yes I will take pics. Might be a few days till I do, my buddy has it atm.

It's built so u can't take it apart. After taking the screws out, nothing loosened as if it was glued. I had to pry and practically brake the plastic to get the battery casing out. Inside
It's just battery casing, a few wires, and the circuit board. My buddy said it wasn't put together very well and pretty cheaply made...

tFOrRESTee

Nov 3, 2014
USA
Yes I will take pics. Might be a few days till I do, my buddy has it atm.

It's built so u can't take it apart. After taking the screws out, nothing loosened as if it was glued.
I tried to open it but I stopped right there.
I had to pry and practically brake the plastic to get the battery casing out. Inside
It's just battery casing, a few wires, and the circuit board. My buddy said it wasn't put together very well and pretty cheaply made...
I was afraid to break it apart. Kudos to you!

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
A little vape mail came in today so I threw a quick .3 ohm 26g dual micro build on it and chucking away at 40 watts. Thus far I'm impressed. The airflow is off the chain. I'll reserve complete judgement until after carrying it for the weekend.

Youde Goblin

It looks pretty nice on the sig.

086106BD-5A6F-43B6-9405-20AE71454D89_zpsruk9qurk.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
I wasn't quite happy with my first vertical wicking on my Marquis rda, so I rewicked it. If you guys have better wicking idea, please share. :)

iW4N5v.png

It looks very nice (but you didn't say if you are happy now lol)
I will try your wicking system, just a question: do the top sections of both coil cottons that bend downward also reach the juice in the juice well or just hang in the middle of both coils?

tFOrRESTee

Nov 3, 2014
USA
It looks very nice (but you didn't say if you are happy now lol)
I will try your wicking system, just a question: do the top sections of both coil cottons that bend downward also reach the juice in the juice well or just hang in the middle of both coils?

Yes, the middle one goes to the juice well too so it has 3 contact points with the juice. My previous wicking had 4 contact points but with the new wick, it exposes more coils so more vapor can come out. Next time I will just try 2 contact points and see how well it goes.

So far I am loving it. It is now my 2nd most favorite rda (the first is still mutation x v2). The flavor is actually the best, and it never gives me a dry heat. When the wick is bone dry it just turns flavorless but no dry hit and I know it's time to fill up the juice. The only cons are its relatively small juice well comparing to the mutation's and it's not made for cloud chasing (which is subjective and I am fine with it since it delivers the flavor from the ejuice perfectly).

DadEh

Dec 23, 2014
East of GTA
Expanding my experience in coil building.
I've been using 28g Kanthal A1 for my building (dual coils) on the Magma and on the DarkHorse.

I purchased 30g and 24g and wanted to gain a little insight on these two types of Kanthal with the more experienced people.
I just made a dual coil with the 24g 7 wraps and just ramped up to 35w @ .2ohm Takes a bit to fire up etc.
I admit to being a little 'ooooohhhhhhhh' lol

For the 30g, would twisting be advisable to prevent hotspots?
Thank you in advance for any input

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Those 7 wraps of 24g kanthal may need more than 30 watts to heat properly. Take a look at this site:
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

The above is a great help for calculating your builds.

I would say try raise watts to 40 when using your 0.2ohm dual that you built, from there raise a bit at the time until the vape is not enjoyable anymore. As soon as you get a burnt taste, go back and then you will know what wattage is the maximum to be used effectively with that coil. (probably in the 45-50 ballpark).

tFOrRESTee

Nov 3, 2014
USA
For the 30g, would twisting be advisable to prevent hotspots?

I think the purpose of twisted builds is to create tiny gaps in the coils so that more vapor can come out. I don't think it is for preventing hot spots? To fix the hot spots, just heat up the coil, clamp it with a pair of pliers, before wicking it.

Thraizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Nj
I have a 100ft spool of 30g back when I was rebuilding my vivi nova tanks, now I use it on the lemo. Twisted 30g 1.5ohm on the lemo with a vw device=fantastic flavor. My newest addition to my collection of wires, Nichrome80 24g. Soft, very easy to coil compared to my 24g kanthal, and heats up fast! one thing I noticed with the N80 is that the coil doesn't get gunked up as fast compared to my kanthal 24g build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread