Not open for further replies.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I guess that person that went to craigslist doesn't go to many other websites.

I'm in agreement Wolfy .. That's the very last place I would look for a used one. If you are verified there may be one here on the Classys.

eBay sometimes has better prices for new ones as well.

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
If you are dripping Bman..you really have to keep the juice out of the 510 connection. It will seep into the box mod itself as well. Just keep it clean and don't over tighten the atty mate..You'll be fine. :2c:

You might look into a SS pin to replace the copper one as well .. Another :2c: LOL
I sold the 100 watt i had for $100 with 2 batteries and ordered a 150 watt which will be here tomorrow so I'll see if the 150 watt does the same thing the 100 watt did.

Yeah I'm dripping with a dark horse rda. I'm pretty cautious about getting juice everywhere and when I got the 100 watt i cleaned the crap out of it with a Q tip and alcohol. It was clean inside and was doing that.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I sold the 100 watt i had for $100 with 2 batteries and ordered a 150 watt which will be here tomorrow so I'll see if the 150 watt does the same thing the 100 watt did.

Yeah I'm dripping with a dark horse rda. I'm pretty cautious about getting juice everywhere and when I got the 100 watt i cleaned the crap out of it with a Q tip and alcohol. It was clean inside and was doing that.

Sorry I missed that bit in your post..Yeah I don't need the 100 watts I have so my back up will be the 30 watt mini..I almost pulled the trigger on the Plus but the mini 30 has the spring loaded pin as well.

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
I'm really looking forward to getting this 150 watt tomorrow.

I've used mechanical for months and this is my first real dive into box mods. I'm use to building parallel coils for my mechanical and i know i don't need to do that for the box mod.

Any tips for building coils for the box mods to get tons of vapor and flavor?

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I'm really looking forward to getting this 150 watt tomorrow.

I've used mechanical for months and this is my first real dive into box mods. I'm use to building parallel coils for my mechanical and i know i don't need to do that for the box mod.

Any tips for building coils for the box mods to get tons of vapor and flavor?

Twisted 26ga or even 28ga if you have it. Dual or single twisted coils are THE flavor coils.

This guys a ....waffle but has great info..lol

Last edited:
Hi guys. Just wanted to say awesome thread, tons of info. Thanks. I just got a 100w plus on Saturday and so far I'm loving it. I haven't had a box mod since my beloved VTR bit the dust last year. Since then I've been using mostly mechs and while I do like them they have some drawbacks. I'm more of tech guy and I was really missing my screens with info while I vaped. I did a lot of research before buying (there seem to be a lot more box mods now than the last time I looked) and kept coming back to Sig 100. I was leery of buying another Sig. Had a Sig Legend way back when and that thing literally fell apart on me after about a month of vaping and I could not get it back together again. So far though I gotta say the build quality on this thing looks much better than the legend I had. I love the easy on/off magnetic battery door and the battery life is excellent. Easy all day vape on a single charge for me. It's even big enough that my 26650 atty's look good on it. Overall I have been very happy with it.

I've been using some Panasonic 18650b's in the Sig since I got it but I know I need some higher amp batt's for going .5 or less and was wondering if any of y'all have some suggestions. I read that some of you use the Samsung 25r's and of course VTC4's and 5's. Just wondering if anyone had a preference.

Speaking of preferences, do most of you prefer the jacket on or off? I don't know if one came with the original 100w or not. If not I guess I'm just asking the 100w plus owners and those who bought one separately. Anyway, mine came with one, and I thought it was weird at first. Took it off right away. Vaped for about an hour without it and found that the box was a little abrasive and the corners sharp, so I put the jacket back on. As soon as I picked it up it just felt right that way. Now I don't take it off except to change the batteries.

Well, anyway, great thread guys and I hope you all keep the good info coming.

tFOrRESTee

Nov 3, 2014
USA
Sorry I missed that bit in your post..Yeah I don't need the 100 watts I have so my back up will be the 30 watt mini..I almost pulled the trigger on the Plus but the mini 30 has the spring loaded pin as well.

Don't tell me you sold your sig100 bro. :) Even though I am using other mods more often since there are so many new mods nowadays, I still use my 100 and 150 on high wattage builds. Yeah, my next one will be sigelei mini 30 but too bad it doesn't have the red one. As soon as it is available I am gonna get it. I think it looks good on my subtanks.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Don't tell me you sold your sig100 bro. :) Even though I am using other mods more often since there are so many new mods nowadays, I still use my 100 and 150 on high wattage builds. Yeah, my next one will be sigelei mini 30 but too bad it doesn't have the red one. As soon as it is available I am gonna get it. I think it looks good on my subtanks.

No..no ..nooooo..Not selling my Sig100..just was thinking about a back up since the Reo indecent with the broken firing pin. I'm Sig all the way as well as Reo. I'll be around more in a couple weeks so yawl hang tight and Sig on! :thumbs:

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
So i got my sig 150 watt and samsung 25r batteries. My battery door is a pita to get off, i cannot get it off with my fingers. Has anyone had a issue like this? The 100 watt i had went on and off easily but this I'm gonna have to use something to pry the door open.

I've been staying around 80 watts with it but I did vape about 5ml at 150 watts and even with my dark horse wide open its a pretty warm vape

matrix961

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
East Coast USA
I just got the 100w plus and I have to say I’m super satisfied with it. It is so much better than the xpro m65 I tried. That thing was literally scaring me with really weird issues like sometimes at 30w the vape would start out hot like it was on a higher setting.

I can vape the 100w plus at 30w (using an atlantis btw) and each vape is consistent. At 30w the vape has been perfect for me. The 100w plus build quality is awesome and the magnetic battery door makes changing the batteries so much easier. The screen is nice and straight, easy to read. The battery life is awesome with dual batteries.

My one and only complaint is visual. I might get a skin to cover it in, especially the one side that was defaced at the factory (the waves) lol :p.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
have the original 100watt and was running a Doge on it with a dual 26ga 7 wrap kanthal with a chuff top @ 0.4 around 47 watts, it worked fine but i had to play with the 510 pin constantly.......finally got hold of the Lethal RDA and now i can screw the 510 pin all the way down on the Sig and barely extend the Lethal pin down a tad and it fits flush with no constant adjusting, now using dual 27ga Kanthal with 7 wraps @ 0.5 at 40 watts at 4.7 volts and it hits great with no leaking and was very happy about this find and it also tastes great.

Last edited:

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
My 150 battery door is also a tight fit, it comes off with my fingers though, although the first time was a ........it gets easier...

Hopefully it gets there because I had to flip the door to where the notch is at the top just so I can get it off without scaring the unit prying it open.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Op

Dont know how i missed this thread considering its been so popular.....

Look forward to see how y'all get along with it. I've been with sigelei for a long time with the zmax v3, Quality piece it was. Just stepped into the box realm so went small to start. The 150 is in my sights in the future.. Most likely when it drops into the 60s, if it makes it that low.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread