The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sigelei 213 owners thread

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by rice721, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. big4570

big4570 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2014
    Ontario
    Do atomizers with a long 510 sit flush?

2. rice721

rice721 1.21 GigaWatts! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    All my attys so far fit flush and I have quite a few RTAs / clearos

Moonshot
    Crown
    Herakles Plus
    Herakles RTA
    Smok TF RTA
    KFL V2+ (auth)
    Goblin mini V2
    Alleria
    Bellus
    iJoy Tornado
    Zephyrus V2
    Toptank mini
    Griffin 22mm
    Serpent
    Serpent mini
    Conqueror
    Supreme
    Billow V2 nano
    Billow V3

3. rice721

Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    Going into the TFR menus, the mod lets you manually input the TFR values in 50C increments starting from 100C to 300C.

• Like Like x 3
  4. TXBiker

TXBiker Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2014
    Center of Texas
    Had my cuboid for a month and can't complain for the $34 that I spent on it. I do wished that it was lighter though. I should get off my butt and build my DNA 200 though. Just didn't want to put it in another generic box I'm looking for something different or I might make one out of acrylic so I have more battery choices out of my collection of lipo's. Anyway I'll be watching the Sig with everyday users.

5. rice721

Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    I see some stab wood slabs on ebay for 40 bucks a piece...custom stab wood box mods here we go :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Topweasel

Topweasel Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2016
    Well if you have an issue with plastic buttons I can see the issue with it. But I wouldn't assume they downgraded it without having both devices on hand. After reading this I decided to watch Vapefagan's first look, he doesn't really tell us much other than they are clicky. Personally they look like chrome plastic to me, and that's why you probably see the issue instead of picking a paint that mimic metal, the picked a paint that best matches the gunmetal (without coming off as metallic).

Have mine coming in Monday. Can't wait.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rice721

Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    Could be that. They just swapped the paint on the buttons. I actually took the time to email sigelei. Lets see if I hear back.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jambi

jambi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2014
    SoCal
    That does seem rather minor. I like my Fuchai, and no glitches at all. Of my 5 200 watt boxes, it's the only one that doesn't feel like it's about to slip out of my hand. I also like the display, it's the only one I can see clearly without glasses. Well, not counting my glitchy Piece of shiitake Laisimo L1, which has a nice big screen so I can clearly read the erroneous "High Battery" warning that randomly disables it 10 times a day.

9. RPadTV

RPadTV Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    Here's an interview with Suprimo Al, the designer of the 213.

• Like Like x 1
  10. f1vefour

f1vefour Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2013
    Pensacola
    Doesn't even touch the TFR feature, the most unique aspect of the device.

The only other device that can do this is the DNA200, it's just automated on the DNA through uploaded CSV files.

11. RPadTV

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    TFR is absolutely unique, but only important to a very small percentage of vapers.

12. f1vefour

Dec 3, 2013
    Pensacola
    Everyone who wants accurate temperature control for other grades of wire (ex..SS430) will need to setup TFR.

Everyone I know who uses a DNA200 in TC uploads CSV profiles, that's a lot of vapers.

I agree assuming the built in SS,Ni,Ti are accurate enough in supported wires it will suit most.

13. RPadTV

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    That's great, but Sigelei's customer base is much broader than "everyone who wants accurate temperature control" and "everyone I know who uses a DNA200." TFR, which I think is an exceptional feature, is for a very small percentage of vapers -- certainly a subsection of vaping enthusiasts. Sigelei targets a broad spectrum of vapers, most of whom couldn't care less about TFR. Again, it's a great feature, but one that doesn't matter much to most vapers.

14. rice721

Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    so my cuboid that I just got for 3 days has a 510 pin that won't spring back. Only a few of my longer 510 attys can be used on this mod now. What a load...

15. f1vefour

Dec 3, 2013
    Pensacola
    I didn't know Sigelei or vapers in general had a spokesmen :/

How do you know what "doesn't matter to most vapers" or "most of whom couldn't care less about TFR"?

There are so many less expensive dual 18650 devices, what makes this device special.....TFR!

• Like Like x 1
  16. rice721

Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    so far I'm digging the preset SS316 (they also have 304, 317) TC they have in here. I have it set to a 50W preheat of 0.75secs vaping at 450F. Dual SS316L 0.25ohms on the conqueror. Flavor for days

• Like Like x 2
  17. Topweasel

Apr 20, 2016
    Well he is right and he is wrong at the same time and vice versa for you. People tend to over value enthusiast features and capabilities vs. what the standard person would want. On the whole in vaping I doubt more than 5% of Vapers would even know what TFR is. That said at this price (assuming it settles at about $90) is outside impulse by territory and more in enthusiast territory. So I would expect more people to be familiar with this feature. But there are other reasons people will get it and at that price. Power, looks, feel (don't know but it looks like it would feel well) size, weight, it coming from Sigelei, and features like more default metal support (on par with a Yihi chip) and preheat.

Those features don't need a lot of fine tuning and speak more to the average enthusiast vaperer than TFR. Just like I would say don't disregard a feature because you don't think you would use it, it goes the other way as well, a feature that might seem like the biggest thing to you could mean very little to someone else.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rice721

Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    personally speaking, the more options we have the better it is, the more competition they have the better it is. :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. Topweasel

Apr 20, 2016
    Oh agreed. I should have the 213w at my house in a matter of hours. Because I love features. But I also understand that I won't use everything. I am kind of bad about that I buy a lot of things that I get the most featured filled version, knowing that I won't use most of it, based solely under the idea that it is better to have and not use than it is to want to use and not have.

• Like Like x 2
  20. MadVLN

MadVLN Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2016
    Central WA State
    i should have one of these in my mail today :) as far as TFR goes, i would be perfectly fine without it. 316L is the only TC wire i like to use and never have i thought to myself "this doesn't feel accurate enough, i wish i had TFR" with any of my other mods. and the whole preheat/ramp up thing isn't important to me either.

the main things that attracted me to this mod is it's size and weight for a dual 18650. there are others out there like the minikin, but i don't think it looks as nice and it does not do SS wire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.