The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sigelei Fuchai Squonker

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by hazozita, Sep 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    That Red looks Really Nice!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    So has anyone else tried TC yet on the Fuchai Squonk?

Because I have Noticed some Strangeness with it.

And that is TC seems to work Well when the Battery is Fully Charged. But when I get below 50% or so, I have had some Really Funky results.

Too early to tell if this is Really a Pattern or Not.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    As they usually do, Sigelei has announced that the Fuchai squonker will be coming out in new colors. No info released regarding any new features. The pic below is from their FB post:
    colors.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. scooterstew71

scooterstew71 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2016
    Sigeili need to sort out the tiny 5ml bottle... Dodgy rda and bad fitting squonk magnet door before worrying about new colours.... Typical...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. hazozita

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    And for the splatter fans, three more color options. To my eye these look horrible, but I guess some folks like the splatter pattern since Sig keeps offering it on their mods:

color2.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    Sigelei also has spare bottles for the Fuchai's up on their website... $9.00. Only two options for shipping. the slow boat from China Singapore Post (7-28 business days) or DHL (3-8 business days).

Fuchai Squonk Bottle-5ml

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Spydro

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    The silver one is calling my name the most... because during the wee hours of the night I picked up the two Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's I was waiting for, 1 black - 1 gun metal, and have found already that I really like the black one on my Red Fuchai with a 0.12Ω SS316 mesh build @ 80-90W. The silver Fuchai and gun metal Mesh Pro would go better together than on any of the other colors (but I also have 2 more new black Goon's needing a mod to reside on). Also in my box was a bunch of 20700 batts for it (and for a Capo Squonk mod that was in my box as well). No more vape mail incoming ATM, but the day is young yet.

• Like Like x 2
  8. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    OK so I Gave Up on TC after trying some other builds. Just too much Funkiness and Aggravation. Just going to run in Power Mode for the time being.

Now a New Problem has Cropped Up.

And that is sometimes the Wattage will Fall Back to a Lower Wattage when the fire button is pressed. Like what some Reviewers have shown in Vids when attempting to fire a Sigelei at Maximum Wattage.

Only problems is It is doing it when I have the Mod set to 35 or 40 Watts on a 0.44 Ohm build. Which at that Ohm, the Mod should be doing roughly By-Pass with a 4.00 Volt Battery charge.

Thought Maybe the New iJoy 21700 battery I got was FUBAR? But it seems to be doing it with All my 18650"s also.

As much as I like the Looks of this Mod, and want it to be Part of my Daily Rotation, I think this Mod has RMA written all over it.

:nah:

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. hazozita

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    Sorry to hear that. I don't have the Fuchai squonker, but have other Fuchai mods. Couple of things to check:

> Make sure the pre-heat is not set to a high wattage. Even if it's only for a fraction of a second, a pre-heat that's higher wattage than the battery can support will cause an overall wattage fall back

> Even if the battery contacts look clean, clean them with a contact cleaner or 91% isopropyl alcohol (other methods can also be used, but those are my favorites). Poor conductivity at the contacts can also cause a wattage fall-back.

• Like Like x 1
  10. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Thank you for the suggestions hazozita.

I have tried a setting the Pre-Heat as Low as it will go (10w) and as Short of a Duration (0.10 seconds) as well as a Multitude of other setting but it still is doing Fail-Back. And I gave the All the Contacts another Cleaning when I woke up this mourning.

I think the Sad Reality is that my Mod Just Isn't Right.

Which is a Shame. Because I really Like the Feel and Looks (God that Screen is Nice!) of it. And this was my 1st Regulated. So I was Really Excited about it.

:(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. hazozita

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    That is a shame! Nothing worse than a mod gone bad. Hope the return process is not too difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  12. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Yeah... It would be a Lot Easier if I Didn't like the Mod so Much.

:?:

13. scooterstew71

scooterstew71 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2016
    Totally agree with what you are saying... sigelei royally messed up the fuchai squonk...shame...
    also what does RMA mean...been wondering...lol...

14. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    return material authorization, so he can get it replaced or refunded.

• Like Like x 2
  15. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I dunno? There are a Lot of Things that I like about the Fuchai Squonk.

Could they have done some things Better? Sure. And could they Quit Advertising Wattages that their Mods can't output? Absolutely.

But if this Power Mode issue hadn't appeared, I would have been OK with the Fuchai.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Spydro

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    Sorry the luck of the draw didn't smile on you. No issues with mine at all (so far), it's been working like a champ. I'm currently firing it at 80W because the DIY joose I have in it is quite intense. But I did put in a fully charged 20700, ran it up to 100W, fired it for a DLH, then switched back and forth between 80 and 100 doing DLH's several times and it didn't drop off at 80 or 100 like you are experiencing. Then I dropped it back down to 60, tried it, no drop off. I do notice a difference in the vape between 60, 80 and 100 though, so it seems to be working just fine. I have no interest in TC, so didn't try that. Sounds like your mod has a problem... hope they will exchange it for you (or refund as you choose).

I'll probably buy another one... @ $50 shipped it wouldn't be much to invest.

• Like Like x 2
  17. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Mine hasn't had any issues either.I do see a lot of battery sag when i push the fire button,but i'm not convinced it is actually sag,and not just a glitch in the programming,since there is no noticeable difference all the way through the power from fresh battery to 20% or so when i change it.
    Where did you find them for $30 shipped?I would definitely grab another at that price.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Spydro

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    Sorry, was a typo... I didn't proof read. About $50 is what it should have read.

• Like Like x 1
  19. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Haha,no problem,i've done that a few times too,although if i could find them at $30,i think i would buy 2 more haha.

• Like Like x 1
  20. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Yeah... The Mod has Clearly Failed.

Because today after doing one Test Fire, the Mod shut down. And now it will no longer turn back on. I also can smell a Hint of something Burnt from inside the Battery Compartment.

So something has Definitely Fired inside the Fuchai.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.