Sigelei Mini 30W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So I just received my sigelei Mini 30W from myvaporstore.com yesterday, and my first impressions are this is a nicely built box that looks great! I already have a smok xPro m50 from MVS, but I wanted something that would match my Sig 100w in silver, so I ordered a silver mini. I didn't realize it came with a silicone cover, which fits the device perfectly, and is just snug enough to stay on the device without being difficult to remove for manual battery changes. It has a magnetic battery door on the side of the device, and a micro usb charger on the bottom (my only complaint so far, why not on the side?!).

The device functions very well, fires immediately on pressing the button, and adjusts easily. It has 5 memory settings to store desired wattages, which I don't think is necessary on a 30w device but others may find useful for using different toppers. It also has DC-DC mode to turn the regulated box into a mech box - another feature I won't be using, at least anytime soon, as my ideal range is 0.5 - 1 ohm, however others may find this to be a huge selling point.

The device is just a bit bigger than my m50, but it feels great in the hand especially with the silicone cover on it. The buttons are responsive without being too clicky, and are still easy to press with the silicone cover on. Overall a great device imho, and my new go-to mobile vape alongside the m50 (leaving the Sig 100 at home from now on).

SigeleiMini1.jpg
Sigelei Mini 30W naked

SigeleiMini2.jpg
Sigelei Mini 30W dressed in silicone, next to Smok xPro m50

-Treeburner

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The Lemo works great on it - I typically build my Lemo anywhere between 0.5 to 1 ohm with 24, 25 or 26 guage kanthal wicked with japanese cotton, and the Sigelei is powering it perfectly! I never run much higher than 30W on a single coil, so I figured (correctly) that the Sigelei Mini would be perfect for me.

As for opening it up, I'm at work right now and regardless I'm not real comfortable opening the case, never know if buttons are going to fall out of place or whatnot, but it feels solidly built and doesn't have the battery issues the 50w did regarding contact issues with flat tops (flat are recommended here).

-Treeburner

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Forgot to mention, what I liked best about the silicone cover is it keeps the device from sliding on the covers and tipping on it's side in bed. It stays propped up against a throw pillow where it belongs (never had any leaks in bed even with tipping, but I still prefer to keep my RTA's upright).

-Treeburner

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
i'm really trying to decide between the M50/65 or the sigelei 30w.. can I ask a question about the M50? does it have "step down"? I know the sigelei does because it uses the Yihi SX130 chip. I think if the smok M50 has step down i'll go for it despite the lame battery access but, if it doesn't then it will be the sigelei :)

janne303

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2014
Sweden
i'm really trying to decide between the M50/65 or the sigelei 30w.. can I ask a question about the M50? does it have "step down"? I know the sigelei does because it uses the Yihi SX130 chip. I think if the smok M50 has step down i'll go for it despite the lame battery access but, if it doesn't then it will be the sigelei :)

yihi? Sigeley says its their own chip ive heard

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
yihi? Sigeley says its their own chip ive heard

And I heard from someone that heard from someone the following:

I figured out how to check what the chip is. Another reviewer took the battery out, then keep the fire button pressed while putting the battery back in and the chip name comes up yihi sx130 so it might be authentic yihi.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't know if the m50 has step down or not, but as someone who owns both I like the Sigelei Mini way better so far. Feels better in the hand, metal vs. plastic construction, no delay on waking and a bit lower priced, but if you need the extra 20 watts the Sigelei can't do that outside of DC-DC mode.

-Treeburner

Last edited:

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
it is an authentic yihi board ;) sigelei... [emoji23] nice try....
I highly doubt it until someone posts visual proof. Sigelei ALWAYS points out when they use a Yihi chip set. Not only is there no mention of Yihi anywhere regarding the Mini, Sigelei themselves have said the chip was done in house..

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
The Lemo works great on it - I typically build my Lemo anywhere between 0.5 to 1 ohm with 24, 25 or 26 guage kanthal wicked with japanese cotton, and the Sigelei is powering it perfectly! I never run much higher than 30W on a single coil, so I figured (correctly) that the Sigelei Mini would be perfect for me.

As for opening it up, I'm at work right now and regardless I'm not real comfortable opening the case, never know if buttons are going to fall out of place or whatnot, but it feels solidly built and doesn't have the battery issues the 50w did regarding contact issues with flat tops (flat are recommended here).

-Treeburner
Nice! I have a silver sig 30 in the mail! Can't wait to run one of my Lemos on it too.

bananasg

Nov 28, 2014
I wish I am there
I would assume knowing the chipset brand will be a additional plus to a step closer to buying a mod..as it might states the reliability on past reviews ... However for me I m just stating on my own opinion only that I personally like two aspects of this mini 30w:
1) feel good on my hand
- soLid built exterior including the buttons, form factor just nice for me
- spring loaded and magnetic battery cover, ease of use
2) Fire instantly to me, I always do one click before I fire for a Vape
- didn't do any testing with voltmeter or any other electrical testing gadgets
- whether it fires full wattage as set or not or got delayed or lesser as stipulated I do not know

Had a kangertech sub tank on it and Vaping at 20w with the 1.2ohm forever :)...awesome...

One man's meat is another man's poison...

Note:
Not affiliated to sigelei and kangertech.

BCFCMike

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Bristol, England
Got mine this morning.

Got a little worried as my atlantis and subtank wouldn't screw on flat... as if it was really stiff. With a bit of forceful wiggling I did manage to get them to sit flush eventually, but I was pretty concerned by it. However when I screw them on now, they screw down with no issues.

Whether I got one with dodgy threading I don't know, or if it was cold or something..:D

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
had mine now for about a month, got it at VR, blk with a blk rogue on it @ 1.4 - 28ga kanthal at 15 watts, absolute perfection so far with NO complaints.
Well I always respect your opinion so I'm sold haha. Was debating between the Sig and IPV minis, so looks like the Sig is it! I was steering that way anyways, now I just need Thursday and my paycheck to get here! Love that VR is a couple hours from me too, should have it by the weekend hopefully..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread