Status
Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
There is a nicotine comparison thread on ECF. Nic is like eliquids in that it's subjective. MFS has throat hit and VT throat hit has almost none contrary to their labeling, but VT's premium line is comparable to WL's old Ice line. I don't like th or anything reminding me of nic and others want one or the other or both. It's not good or bad. It's a matter of personal taste.

RTS has a 20% first time customer code and their are other suppliers with less widely known discounts. Nude Nic offers a freebie sample. Heartland is another source for cheap good nic. I haven't tried them. Liquid Barn, Ecigexpress, One Stop DIY and then there's a US processor that sells retail but I keep forgetting the name. They are said to be more pricey but super clean meaning no flavor or th. Share the love.

Regulations are supposed to be out by Jan 18th. A 30 day extension was denied. The vote in congress is slated for around Feb 14-15th. Gov't treats deadlines as kinda mushy, so we'll see.

You can find transctipts of meetings, hearings, panels from CASAA, SFTATA, Goodshell, and others linked to on CASAA's website. As dull and boring as that may sound, it's not. Most are shockingly short not by design but due to inflicted limitations. Dr. Phillips had an interesting post were he was on a scientific panel but restricted from presenting any science in favor of vaping. That's what I've used to predict the mood in DC which isn't good imo.

But there are now 41 cosigners to HR2058 and that is good. Very good. That's the bill to extend the grandfather date to 2009 which may save open tank systems. Now is the time to call and write in. CASAA has convenient links so it's relatively painless. There is some hope and movement in this area.

The FDA has been quiet about the possibility of a black market, yet it's been pointed out to them that's the first choice for vapers. That makes me uneasy and given the broad general bans in the draft, I suspect the FDA feels empowered to stop one from happening. There was a draft provision that allows for immediate ban if the FDA believes it's urgent to protect public safety. It was written in a way that implied it needed to be extreme yet that seems to be the mood. This is only my opinion. There have even been calls to restrict our speech in forums like ECF by making vendors responsible. There's been some crazy entertainment and it's just beginning. There's no way vapers are going to just roll over. I suggest joining a group on FB or twitter or locally. We already know primetime news isn't ready for vaping so that's the way to get info.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BackDoc

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I plan-on ordering around $100 worth (4L) eventually. (when I can) since, at 3mg, 5ml per day, 2 liters will last me around 20 years, and 4L will last me right around 40 years, which is as-long as I plan to live, really.. lol. If I'm still vaping into my 80's, i may be in trouble.... :p Here's to hoping the regs are pulled by then... ;) I'm guessing we'll all be inhaling Luke and Yoda nicotine holograms by then, though.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Sorry Sticksave, didn't check in to answer, thanks for jumping in Dan!!!!, I've been very happy with VTs Nic......I refuse to deal with MFS due to their customer service as of late to a friend of mine, as well as their collaboration with a certain Blogger..........Heartland is a great company to deal with as well

fairmana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melbourne, Florida
I've always mixed my own, but up to now I've always bought my PG and VG with the correct quantity of nicotine already mixed in (12mg). All I've ever had to do is mix the bases to 70/30 and then add my flavor.

Now I've gotten paranoid with all this talk. I just broke down and bought 1 liter of the 100mg strength unflavored nicotine from MFS which was $40 using the coupon code (before shipping). That's a fantastic price compared to what I quickly looked at on other sites, so thanks for passing the word RC. Hopefully I won't have any issues with MFS Backdoc, I've never bought anything from them before.

Based on the Steam Calculator, I'll need about 5ml of that for every 40ml batch I mix. That's 200 batches before I go through the whole liter (at least a few years worth?). If things go sideways, I'll guess I'll just pony up or ween myself off the nicotine when that runs out.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Sorry Sticksave, didn't check in to answer, thanks for jumping in Dan!!!!, I've been very happy with VTs Nic......I refuse to deal with MFS due to their customer service as of late to a friend of mine, as well as their collaboration with a certain Blogger..........Heartland is a great company to deal with as well

You are not kidding. Two shipments. Two leaking bottles ARGH!

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
No apology necessary BD. I bought the from VT. I only use 3 mg so the liter will be around a while.

Reactions: aikanae1

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
You are not kidding. Two shipments. Two leaking bottles ARGH!
2 leaking bottles?!!! I can't think of a better excuse for authorities to ban nic. MFS has been around for a long time, they shouldn't be messing up like that.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Six months or even two months of shelf life remaining on nic base wouldn't be a problem if kept in a freezer most of the time. Freezer temperatures probably slow down the expiration date countdown clock at least 10X if properly bottled. I never have my nic in a "thawed" state for more then six weeks or so. The rest of the time it's in 30ml freezer bottles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread