The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 Telescopic: User's Group

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by yzer, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tckenno

tckenno Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2015
    N. Michigan
    Thanks Dan! I like that site a lot. What's interesting is that on their Terms and Conditions page they have this disclaimer:

BEFORE PURCHASE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:

I have read the warnings on the product page(s) and clearly understand the potential dangers of using lithium ion batteries. I understand that lithium ion batteries are designed and intended to be used within SYSTEM INTEGRATIONS OR BATTERY PACKS ONLY AND NOT E-CIGARETTES/VAPORIZERS. I will NOT USE the products purchased from IMR Batteries with or for E-CIGARETTES/VAPORIZERS.

• Like Like x 1
  2. VapieDan

VapieDan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sony is also placing warnings directly on the batteries as well. Too many careless vapers and lawyers seeking a fast buck.

3. tckenno

Dec 29, 2015
    N. Michigan
    Got my batteries from IMR. Some 18500s and a couple 18650s. They were good to deal with. Still too soon to say much about the batteries themselves other than no problems with any that I have used so far.

One thing I wanted to pass on is that I have several of those nine LED flashlights about the size of the Zmax that take three AAA batteries in series in a cylindrical battery pack. Seemed like I had to constantly shake the darn things because they would wink off due to lousy connections on/in the pack. Comparing the pack to an 18500 they are very close, the 18500 is a tad thinner and shorter. I took a bit of craft paper and rolled it into a tube and tucked it into the flashlight to reduce rattle then put in an 18500. It works great. The spring on the flashlight’s end cap takes care of the slightly shorter battery length and the battery makes a much better connection on both ends. Can shake flashlight with no winking of light and beam is at least as bright. Saves on AAAs, more reliable, rechargeable, better light – all good!

• Like Like x 2
  4. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    So no more zmax's? For as long as they last and how vaping style have changed, I'm surprised more don't show up used. How many would still buy another?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. VapieDan

There seems to be a resurgence of MTL. They may be highly sought after at some point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tckenno

Dec 29, 2015
    N. Michigan
    I'd like to get one in camo. Black finish holding up incredibly well. Over a year of regular use and still looking like new. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. VapieDan

The MTL group on Facebook has a very large following. I think that once was refereed to as the "Silent Majority". Most of those however never heard of the ZMAX. Sad.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BackDoc

BackDoc Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    No Zs in camo keno, at least I've never come across one

• Like Like x 1
  9. VapieDan

There may be wraps available. I guess one could check Jwraps.

• Like Like x 1
  10. aikanae1

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    You can order 3m vinyl wrap and make your own. Both amazon and ebay sells samples for apx $2.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tckenno

Dec 29, 2015
    N. Michigan
    Thanks for replies all. Camo was more wishful thinking than serious although it is my understanding the zmax was available in any color you wanted so long as it was stainless or black... Yes?
    Anyway from what I have seen with the zmaxs and the UFO is the exteriors seem to be as durable as the interiors. Can't say the same for some other mods I'm using.

12. BackDoc

Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    the Zs are amazing , ive been beating up a V3 for a few years and it still looks like new..........just noticed you are in Northern Michigan Kenno, spent a few years in Gladwin......dont miss the winters!

• Like Like x 2
  13. tckenno

Dec 29, 2015
    N. Michigan
    Dang arctic weather needs to go back where it belongs doc. FYI NOAA has Gladwin high temps next two days at five above zero. Left one of my vapes in the car last night and the juice lturned a kind of frosty white color. Wasn't about to check if mod would fire it. Recalled a movie scene with kid licking the school flag pole when temp below zero...

• Like Like x 1
  14. VapieDan

When the going gets tough...........the Zmax gets going!

• Like Like x 1
  15. BackDoc

Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    And going, and going.............

• Like Like x 2
  16. VapieDan

Not powered by Duracell!

• Like Like x 1
  17. BackDoc

Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    What!!, i shouldn't be running coppertops in the Z???.....that would explain the shock i always get when i hit the button:), especially in the shower

• Like Like x 2
  18. aikanae1

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    "especially in the shower"
    The stuff that headlines are made from.

19. VapieDan

I tell you everything I know and you still know nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. aikanae1

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I'm not going to say it ... LMAO.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.