Status
Not open for further replies.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
Something is definitely wrong, but I don't think anyone can figure out what. In the other thread you posted, it seriously seemed like you weren't tightening the leads down enough, leading to resistance fluctuations and possibly arcing current.

If your leads still aren't tightened enough, perhaps they're so loose that the circuit is completely open? I don't understand what you mean by "coil going silent". Can you tell us about your set-up, and post pictures? I've experienced burnt hits myself, if my leads aren't tightened down enough.

toketoke101

Feb 15, 2014
Newmaket, ON
well i just tighten the post and one of them stripped and its in there for good the funny thing is that its glowing evenly lol. I got another orchid in the mail today hopefully I dont strip that one. last time I didnt put the coils over the airhole too well, this time I just did. any suggestions on getting the alen key screw out of the post

coolercoiler

Dec 5, 2014
uk
If its an orchid then i can almost guarantee that its your wick thats causing that issue, i found that the size of the wick is crucial to performance on the orchid. My experiences are that ... cotton or rayon work best and the wick should be just resting on the channels and not in them, keep the wick short, the size of the deck is about right for me. There is a fine line between flooding and working correctly with the orchid but when you get it right you can do it every time.

toketoke101

Feb 15, 2014
Newmaket, ON
What resistance are you running on your orchid? and have you tried less cotton, you could be choking it.
Have you had any experience with cotton wicks on a dripper, so you can get a good idea of the amount of cotton needed.

0.3 ohms ive never tried a dripper, im going to get a plume veil soon and im not trying to choke it when putting in the wicks. I leave a tiny bit on the channel. I just was testing my looking at my display and its was going bonkers so I tighten the 510 and now its back to normal. why does it keep going bonkers. sorry my question mark is not working right now ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ awesome eh

coolercoiler

Dec 5, 2014
uk
another thing you can try is to increase the juice flow, dont think its a real adjustment but it works well for me. Take the drip tip off and you can unscrew the chimney section a bit by inserting something into the top and turning it, i use my tweezers. a full turn opens up more of the juice channels, too much and it will flood though.

toketoke101

Feb 15, 2014
Newmaket, ON
you would think the ipv2 is a good device but I think its destroying all my attys because come on the thing shuts down when you bonk it on the bottom and everytime you reset it or mistakenly reset it the wattage goes back to whatever 15 watts. and the shop guy tells me I have to break in the chip. starting at 7 watts. vaping for 10 minutes then going up into an increment of 5 watts of vaping for 10 minutes untill 50 watts. I cant vape it at 50 watts come on

toketoke101

Feb 15, 2014
Newmaket, ON
another thing you can try is to increase the juice flow, dont think its a real adjustment but it works well for me. Take the drip tip off and you can unscrew the chimney section a bit by inserting something into the top and turning it, i use my tweezers. a full turn opens up more of the juice channels, too much and it will flood though.

ill loosen the chimney. I did this before and still does the silence shut down coil sound. but hey its my new orchid ill give it a shot

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
When it goes silent, does the mod say that you have an open circuit, 0.0 ohms resistance? Is the IPv2 a device where it "does nothing" if you're asking it to operate outside its range? For example, let's say you only want 20 watts on a 0.3 ohm could, that only requires 2.44 volts. But if the IPv2 doesn't operate at 2.44 volts, it has two choices: Either fire at the lowest setting it can, or "do nothing".

Perhaps your build is outside of some range, and it complains?

toketoke101

Feb 15, 2014
Newmaket, ON
When it goes silent, does the mod say that you have an open circuit, 0.0 ohms resistance? Is the IPv2 a device where it "does nothing" if you're asking it to operate outside its range? For example, let's say you only want 20 watts on a 0.3 ohm could, that only requires 2.44 volts. But if the IPv2 doesn't operate at 2.44 volts, it has two choices: Either fire at the lowest setting it can, or "do nothing".

Perhaps your build is outside of some range, and it complains?

right now its at 28.6 watts going at 3.1 volts. the mod on open circuit is at 1.0 ohm. I loosen the chimney a bit and vape it like 10 times and theres no silence so far. it may be just the custom cotton wicking issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread