Status
Not open for further replies.

Domtine

Lim Peh
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
North Korea with Disneyland
Hi everyone, I got my 1st GGTS a few days ago and I've been searching high and low for the fuse upgrade but everywhere is out of stock. So I rummaged through my tool boxes and found a really simple and cheap solution

This is the part I'm talking about - 0225010.HXUP - LITTELFUSE - FUSE, CARTRIDGE, 10A, 5 X 15MM | element14 Singapore

It is a 125Vdc 10A fast break cartridge fuse measuring 5mm x 15mm and it fits nicely into the negative post.

Steps:
  1. Sand a little metal off ONE end of the fuse. I used a 80grit sandpaper and sand for 40 rounds.
  2. Apply clear tape around the circumference of the glass window and the other end. Leave the flat top portion exposed.
  3. Slide the fuse exposed end down into the negative post. If it needs a lot of coaxing, sand for 10 more round and repeat till the fuse slides in without major obstructions. You should only see the end with the clear tape expose.

Fit everything back into your GG and you're good to go! Somehow with this little mod the vape hits harder and vapour production has increased also. Be careful not to tighten everything too tight as the fuse has a glass window.

You can also get a 5mm x 20mm fuse if you like. This way there's no need to apply the clear tape as insulation.

Last edited:

Domtine

Lim Peh
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
North Korea with Disneyland
Imeo,

Maybe you would like to tinkle with the idea of separating the negative post into 3 parts.

Something like this

Fuse drawing.jpg

This way GG users can just replace the fuse without searching all over the world for the fuse springs. But I'm not too sure how would this impact your building costs. Just a wild idea on my side

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Not a bad idea again Dom, thanks a lot:)
My sellers have plenty of springs if I know well. But even if we manage to make it like you said, we still need a new and very long axis for GGTS that will add more than 7 mm on it. Then maybe telescope will show its threads if you put inside GGTS some kind of batteries.

You know how much I care about length and thats why I made a GGTS adapter to fit on its 801 threads instead of its 510 threads.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Im the first to say Im all for innovation. but when it comes to a chance of broken glass I think I prefer the spring option. many of us may be able to handle the fuse glass method but many more may not be able to. The needs of the many out way the needs of the few. In this matter i have to say safety out weighs the needs of the few.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
You cant find the fuse springs Dom? I have 3000 springs to my house.!!! I always send what my sellers ask me for. Maybe I have to send them more than what they ask me

Question would you happen to have springs for the fire button laying around?

pnc81498

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
Central NJ
Hello, Dont want to start a new post so just asking here.

My GGTS a few days ago wouldnt fire, (3 Months old) so i opened it and the spring had colapsed i removed carto and tested on meter and another mod, install my extra spring and as soon as i went to fire i could smell it and it heated up FAST, after reading wiki and fourm i narowed it down to the top cap shorting. I emailed COV 2 days ago but im impatent so i tore it apart a little further and 1 of the 2 orings that isolate pin Is melted/cracked so now that i have figured out the issue i cant find any springs or orings can someone lead me somewhere i can pick up these 2 items? prefferably a place i also can buy 510 to 901 conectors as well.

Thank you Paul

pnc81498

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
Central NJ
Thank you i do appreciate the help, But please as i stated in pm let me send you money to cover it, im not looking for free i just cant find a place to buy the items. I will continue to wait for the release of the extension.
I can help ya with the oring and spring. PM your mailing info and I'll get it out to ya. The adapters I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread