Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Looks like a fairly standard configuration. There aren’t really ANY mods made in the US. Almost everything is from China. There are several solid 1 battery mods available though. hcigar makes some good ones iirc. As long as you avoid smok you’re generally OK. One that is very well thought of around here is the Jac vapor sandstorm. It’s british, but you can buy them off their website.

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
Thanks. But yes, I know most are made in China or such countries. I meant able to be bought online in the US. I hate the wait from overseas vendors. As far as the Jac Vapor its my understanding its a DNA chip? They never truly turn off am I correct? No on off switch? Either way, its british, too much info but I wont buy british products. Sorry.

Im kinda picky. Quite frankly, most mods look like kids toys or for a teenager. I like something a little more adult looking. I cant get into lots of colors and such. Thanks.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I wouldn't call it similar to the "BME" (best mod ever) Evic Primo Mini, but for the price? Who knows. Might be just what the doc ordered.

Having just read your newest post, I'm way off base.

(It's still an ok deal tho!)

√ Kangertech Subox Mini-C Starter Kit

JAC Vapour is actually in Scotland if that makes any diff.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks. But yes, I know most are made in China or such countries. I meant able to be bought online in the US. I hate the wait from overseas vendors. As far as the Jac Vapor its my understanding its a DNA chip? They never truly turn off am I correct? No on off switch? Either way, its british, too much info but I wont buy british products. Sorry.

Im kinda picky. Quite frankly, most mods look like kids toys or for a teenager. I like something a little more adult looking. I cant get into lots of colors and such. Thanks.
Not can I really. I don’t know about the off/on dna thing at all. I do know the dna75c has not so great battery life, though the 250c is supposed to be much better. It appears that aesthetics are quite important to you so I am afraid I will be of little help. I would suggest praising the various vendors on the site. Pretty much anything worth having can be bought from a US vendor. If you’re willing to spend some money squid industries makes excellent mods as well and they are generally militarily styled.

Reactions: pahick

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
If you like the Primo generally, and don't mind an internal battery, the new version is out - I think it's called the Primo Fit. It's available in black, if memory serves. There's also a new iStick Pico (the 'X'). Single 18650, slightly odd shape and probably still limited to 22 (23?) mm tanks.

I don't think any of these can truly be switched off - 5 clicks for lock or standby.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
You may like this....the Aspire NX75 is on my list of single 18650's I wouldn't mind having. Very small & highly rated. MFS only has it as a kit, with a tank you probably don't want, but it's on sale & you can get it quick.
Aspire Evo75 Starter Kit
upload_2018-12-14_9-42-27.png

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
As far as the Jac Vapor its my understanding its a DNA chip? They never truly turn off am I correct? No on off switch? Either way, its british, too much info but I wont buy british products. Sorry.

Just about any regulated mod having a chip set never really "turns off" They simply go into "sleep mode" like a computer by disabling the firing mechanism. Otherwise, they would not be able to recognize the 3 or 5 clicks on the switch to turn-on / turn-off the firing mechanism.

It's been my experience that DNA chips are more accurate, reliable, and durable. They tend to be more battery efficient. Evolv invented and perfected temp control. There's a good reason why Evolv DNA chips are more expensive than the other chips on the market. They are tops in the industry.

It's too bad you won't reconsider the JAC Vapour series b DNA75. I liked mine so much I purchased another one. I own over a dozen mods and it is the best of the bunch. JAC Vapor series B DNA75W

Last edited:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
You may like this....the Aspire NX75 is on my list of single 18650's I wouldn't mind having. Very small & highly rated. MFS only has it as a kit, with a tank you probably don't want, but it's on sale & you can get it quick.
Aspire Evo75 Starter Kit
View attachment 785891

The kit comes with the "Z" version and it is a good mod but the "A" version is MUCH better. The A version is made better than most mods, including most DNA mods. It is machined from a block of metal similar to how an atomizer deck is manufactured.

The A version also has USB-C. Micro USB is prone to break.

The Aspire Board is great and has a ton of features but the DNA board is the best for TC.

NX75-A CNC machined from solid aluminum, anodized, USB-C, free silicone protective case
NX75-Z zinc alloy, painted, micro-USB

size-comparison.jpg

nx75a-1.jpg

NX75a-2.jpg

pico75-1.jpg

usb.jpg

Last edited:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Personally, I wish that the Jac Vapour was shorter like the NX75-A. The Jac Vapour is almost as tall as 21700 mod with a 75C board and an additional button. I also prefer anodized aluminum over painted zinc. The SBODY Macro (version 1) was able to fit a DNA board in an aluminum mod the size of the NX75-A. It wasn't CNC machined or as solid as the NX75-A but it was small. Unfortunately, the Macro version 2 is bigger than the original and made out of zinc.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brewdawg1181

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
There's also the Pioneer 4 You IVPD2, D3, or D4.

It's extremely old school, but you can still find them. I originally bought the D2 when it was first released, MANY years ago. Liked it so much, I picked up a D3 as a backup when it was updated. Then I saw the D4 on sale somewhere for $25, so I bought one of those as well.

My original D2 doesn't see daily use, but it still works great. The D3, and D4 are still in the box. I will definitely use them one of these days. A very nice, compact single 18650 mod. Yes very old school, but it has a simple YiHi chip in it that works well. Mine has been extremely solid and it's still on my desk in my current rotation after all these years. It's beat up, but currently sporting a Peerless RDTA and works great.

Only downside to them, is for some reason, it doesn't use a micro-usb for charging (if you charge internally). It comes with an adapter that fits the plug on the mod.

Can't remember where I got my $25 one, but Element Vape appears to still have them in stock for $39. If I can find them at the $25 price again, I'll update.

Pioneer4you iPV D3S 80W TC Box Mod | YiHi SX150H

If you're comfortable buying something like this on Ebay, here's a white one for $28.99:

Authentic White Pioneer4You1 iPV D3 | iPVD3 80W TC Mod | Free US Shipping | eBay

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Personally, I wish that the Jac Vapour was shorter like the NX75-A. The Jac Vapour is almost as tall as 21700 mod with a 75C board and an additional button. I also prefer anodized aluminum over painted zinc. The SBODY Macro (version 1) was able to fit a DNA board in an aluminum mod the size of the NX75-A. It wasn't CNC machined or as solid as the NX75-A but it was small. Unfortunately, the Macro version 2 is bigger than the original and made out of zinc.
I agree - I almost bought the Jac, but it's just too tall for me to consider it a pocket mod. That, and the sensitive firing button. And if it's not a pocket mod, I just don't use it. The Sbody 75 is the largest mod I still use. And I prefer aluminum or ss over paint msyelf. The new Sbody is not only larger, but also pretty ugly, imo. I've actually been using internal battery mods more, because of the size. The Nugget X has plenty of power for me (2-3ml/day @ 8.5W) for a day and a half, and fires super quick. And the target mini is tiny, and great for lasting thru a party, or something like that.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I almost bought the Jac, but it's just too tall for me to consider it a pocket mod. That, and the sensitive firing button. And if it's not a pocket mod, I just don't use it.
I prefer pocket mods myself. One of the things I really like about the JAC is its ergonomic form factor: a hybrid between a tube and box mod. I prefer its slimmer form factor over a rectangular box.

Some shorter box mods are uncomfortable for me to hold. I have rather large hands, and their button placement often is too short to fire comfortably with my index finger. The JAC fits my hand and index finger perfectly; the rounded battery area conforms quite comfortably against my palm. I don't think I could have designed it any better.

images

And concerning the sensitive fire button, you can disable the fire mechanism with 5 clicks.

Different strokes for different folks. :)

Last edited:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Some dimensions...

Evic Primo Mini
75.5mm x 25mm x 39mm

Aspire NX75-A
75mm X 22mm X 35mm

Jac Vapour Sandstorm
88mm x 25mm 34.5mm

The NX75-A is the smallest. Might be too small if you don't use a 22mm tank (all my tanks are 22mm). For me, small size that easily fits in a pocket is more important than a large size that fills the hand.

DNA mods are worth getting just for the board. But I have not seen any built as well as the NX75A except for stuff that costs $200 or more and is made in small batches. It's unlikely that you'll see another budget mod with this type of construction after the NX75A sells out. I got mine on holiday sale for the price of a Pico 75. It's funny how little quality is appreciated.

IMG_2375.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread