Single battery Mod with quick ramp time recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
So my Colossal mod is getting a bit rusty and looking to replace it, although it’s a great mod and will probably buy another I was just wondering if anything else is worth looking at. I don’t generally stay up to date with new mods unless I am looking for a replacement.

Looking for a single battery mod for MTL, biggest reason I love the colossal is the super fast ramp up time so that is important. My colossal is noticeably quicker than my pico mod before it on the same coil and settings and for me for Me every few Micro seconds makes a difference.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Looking for a single battery Mod for MTL, biggest reason I love the colossal is the super fast ramp up time so that is important. My colossal is noticeably quicker than my pico mod before it on the same coil and settings and for me for Me every few Micro seconds makes a difference.
Why not buy another Colossal? With your experience you know exactly what you are getting with a Colossal.

I own several and yes they are fast. Asmodus and Vapor Range have them for cheap right now.

It would be tough to beat the Aspire Mixx for instantaneous fast. I have a couple and love them. The Mixx is a SbS (side-by-side) and I don't know if that style of design interests you. They are Fast!

I have these and they're also fast: GeekVape Aegis Solo, Cthulhu Hastur 88W. The Solo's can be found for cheap.

If you are looking for an affordable DNA mod check out the JAC Vapour DNA75. I have a few. They're fast and reliable.

There are others but those are what came to mind.

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
Dovpo Odin Mini with Evolv DNA75C chipset may be of interest to you @vapemate93, as it's a single 21700 cell mod it should last you for a long while on a fully charged battery.
I have been interested in a 21700 cell for sometime, they don’t appear to me to much bigger than 1650 mods either so I will check this one out.

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
Geekvape Max can be expected to perform like a DNA for a fraction of the price if budget is a concern (see temp control test results on other Aegis models featuring the Nuvoton chip, here: imgur.com/a/Yem5bdF). That said, im very happy with the Dovpo Odin Mini I just received, but it requires the Steam Engine SS316L profile to be most accurate...

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
EHPro Cold Steel 100 in normal or strong mode.
Vaporesso Swag II in normal or strong mode.
Vaporesso Armour Pro in normal or strong mode.

As for the Pico, put Arcitc Fox firmware on it and adjust the preheat settings to your liking, then thank me later ;)
According to my testing so far, Vaporesso SS temperature control is some of the worst there is (tested on the Gen, partial testing of Vaporesso Target Mini 2).
Full formal testing of the Ehpro cold steel will begin shortly and will be released before year end, but I think the expectation is that the TC mode for SS is not good.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    According to my testing so far, Vaporesso SS temperature control is some of the worst there is (tested on the Gen, partial testing of Vaporesso Target Mini 2)

But the OP didn't mentioned anything about needing TC. Only requirement mentioned was ramp-up time.

Never mind, I see now that OP mentioned "coil settings" so I guess that means TC. My bad.

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2020
    T
    But the OP didn't mentioned anything about needing TC. Only requirement mentioned was ramp-up time.

Never mind, I see now that OP mentioned "coil settings" so I guess that means TC. My bad.
    But this forum/sub is Temperature Control sub?
    100% on the arctic fox recommendation of course, couldnt agree more!

• Agree
    Reactions: Seiggy

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    According to my testing so far, Vaporesso SS temperature control is some of the worst there is (tested on the Gen, partial testing of Vaporesso Target Mini 2).
    Full formal testing of the Ehpro cold steel will begin shortly and will be released before year end, but I think the expectation is that the TC mode for SS is not good.

My Vaporesso mods use the older Omni 4 and 4.2 chip. The Armour Pro has Omni 4. Hopefully you will get a chance to test this chip out

Reactions: Mordacai

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
    Jun 13, 2016
    i thought Asmodus was supposed to make great, durable, long-lived mods...? How old was that Colossal, if one may ask?

Roughly two year, Its worth mentioning it’s had a hard life. At the time of buying it I used to deliver furniture so it was constantly been bashed about and dropped. It was a solid mod but I fancy a 2700 mod anyway for a change so I’m going to buy the foxy one mod in leather as I love the appearance and the unique leather finish,and simplicity to it.

it lasted way longer than my pico mod if that’s any help, and it was better built in my opinion and unlike the pico i had no issues with the battery door, suppose that’s just the C frame design!

only thing I didint like with the colossal and ironically it was one of the reasons I bought it, the screen is pretty big and flat being touch screen so if your clumsy can easily crack. I wish they used propa gorilla smart phone grade glass but suppose that would add cost.

also I am a simple caper , I only vape one mod so it’s been in constant use, I would happily by another just fancy a change with a 2700 mod.

• Useful
    Reactions: MLEJ
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread