SINUOUS P80

Status
Not open for further replies.

IV.II.MMXI

Sep 29, 2017
The stiffness of the fire bar can be reduced by removing the TWO small springs that lie behind the fire bar, at the top.

You must remove the base/battery door first via the 4 small screws under the battery flap
to allow the plastic fire bar to come away revealing the springs behind.

The fire button itself (ie: the microswitch) still has quite a bit of resistance and it will not auto fire just by picking up the device.

I have done it myself as I found it way too stiff - being a thumb presser and "balancing" mods between the fingers then firing lightly, rather than palm gripping and squeezing etc.

This also removes the "squeaking" noises the fire bar makes when moved.

1. Do this over a towel so not to lose the screws/springs etc if they ping off through the air ;)
2. Both plastic panels will come off when removing the base - be aware this will happen
3. It`s a reversible procedure
4. There is a downside - the clicking noise of the fire button sounds a bit more "clicky"

Last edited:

andyyy

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2012
new jersey
Hello everybody!!!!!

I recently got a P80 and its my first Mod with a removable battery so im kinda new to the whole "high-amp explosive mod batteries" thing lmao, and i just want to be sure im doing everything correctly.

Picked up a Sony VTC6 to Use in the mod. Ive read Mooch's battery threads and saw the VTC6 is really 19A 3000mah so i thought its be a good fit since i dont vape at super high wattages. Did i Pick a good one?

And How safe is it to charge the battery while it's in the mod? (I havent gotten an external battery charger yet... still new to this lol)

andyyy

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2012
new jersey
JUst wanted to be sure it was safe, the mod got kinda warm to the touch while charging (but an hour from 14% to 100% on a 2.0A charger, warm was expected lol).

I'm new to the boxmod scene, last time i was super active and vaping heavy was back when "clearomizers" and VV stick batteries were the big new thing hahaha

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Try to not let your battery get that low. 25% is the lowest I let mine get to.
It's totally fine to let the battery drain until cutoff. The mod will stop firing well before there's any danger to the battery. 18650s can discharge to around 2.5v before taking any damage.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I thought Joytech was using Wismec chips in the older VTC Mini and Cuboid. Did they get away from that in the Primo Mini?

How good is the 316SS TC on both of these? Back then i had issues if going below around .5ohms. The old VTC Mini liked to drop out of TC and into watt mode.
Joyetech, Eleaf, and Wismec are sister companies. The hardware and software they all use is very similar.

• Agree
Reactions: 52anddone

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Similar yes but back then a VTC Mini had the same chip as say.....A Vape Forward Mini Flask or Stout. They used the same firmware upgrade back then IIRC. Both firmware came from Wismec.

These two "80s" do not appear to use the same firmware if i look at both sites but i have not downloaded them to compare the actual files. Displays are also different.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Similar yes but back then a VTC Mini had the same chip as say.....A Vape Forward Mini Flask or Stout. They used the same firmware upgrade back then IIRC. Both firmware came from Wismec.

These two "80s" do not appear to use the same firmware if i look at both sites but i have not downloaded them to compare the actual files. Displays are also different.
The firmwares are different. The update program that Wismec, Eleaf, and Joyetech uses to this day may or may not be the same, with the exception of cosmetic changes. It's doubtful that the chups were ever exactly the same.

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
Weird question, where can i get a heatsync to sit between the tank and the mod? First time going sub-ohm and not a fan of hot hot the tank gets because it makes the top of the mod a bit hot to the touch.
You can get them from the China sites, or if you want them quicker try eBay. Search for "22mm heat sink". Make sure it comes from a US seller.

andyyy

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2012
new jersey
You can get them from the China sites, or if you want them quicker try eBay. Search for "22mm heat sink". Make sure it comes from a US seller.
I thought the elabo tank was 25mm? Im new to all this sizing crap lol, i really need to figure what part to measure lol

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
  • Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Hola Sinners :w00t::laugh:

I've been looking at this mod for a little while cuz I love small sleek mods. Well, I gave in and became a sinner today:D
Here's a look at mine next to another small sleek mod, and a pic of it lit up!

TJ3Hkc6.jpg
W3gq6Bd.jpg

So far so good. I got lucky I guess cuz the fire bar is responsive and not hard at all like some experienced back in September.

A great weekend wish to all. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread