SINUOUS P80

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I just updated my ArcticFox firmware to af_171228 on my Black P80. I was running af_171126 and it was running Great. I have been using the PreHeat feature in AF in VW mode and really liking it a lot. PreHeat set to 8.5w for .3 sec and Relax for 5 sec with a Normal Wattage set at 7 watts using a 0.96Ω, 28g, 2mm Kanthal coil and Rayon wicking. I can Chain vape my usual 3-4 times in a row and don't have the heat build-up I would normally get from using the WisMec firmware and PreHeat setting. I haven't tried "Curves" yet, but at this point I really like what I am getting, and my New SANYO 18650GA batteries are working Great, I can get 600-650 puffs at these settings per battery charge. All this using my Black Berserker in Tall mode. This is a Really Great setup for me. I'm so Happy.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Reactions: gerrymi

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

The BRONZE is the first one I ordered...(I have a BLUE one and a RED one "on the way")...

It is BEAUTIFUL...and QUITE distinctive from ALL my other Mods...:headbang:

:2c:

(I searched 22 pages back in either the Temp Control or VW sub Forums and about 10 pages back in the other and didn't find much for the Predator 228, which surprised me)

I find the ECF Search to be unwieldy...

I've Bookmarked....https://www.google.com/search?output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=site:e-cigarette-forum.com&oq=site:e-cigarette-forum.com&gs_l=hp.3...6030.6030.1.7839.1.1.0.0.0.0.599.599.5-1.1.0....0...1c..29.hp..1.0.0.jGCCu5rwCGA&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.55123115,d.dmg,pv.xjs.s.en_US.Ag3CcnQBszM.O&biw=1394&bih=704&dpr=1.... then type in ABC with what I'm searching for...site:e-cigarette-forum.com ABC...

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
  • Winner
Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Thanks gerrymi. I used to get "Vape Deals" in my inbox all the time, along with several others of the like, but at some point they stopped sending me the emails and I never noticed it. I just signed up again for their emails. Thanks again for that. :thumbs:

Oh, and BTW, you don't have to be so formal, just call me "52".;)

I'm thinking of getting a Gold Berserker to go along with that Bronze P80.

I'm still trying to figure out that Book Mark of yours. I just got up, so am a bit Simple yet (I need a few hours to get my mind going nowadays):blush:

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Here is the response I just received back from EVCIGARETTES.COM on my inquiry about the 510 on the Predator 228 that they have a sale on.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hello There,

Thank you for visiting our website and contacting us. We will gladly
assist you with your concerns.

Unfortunately, we do not know which version of the Wismec Predator
that we currently have in stock. And for the reasons you have
mentioned with the 510 connection, is why the MOD itself is listed for
Clearance Price. This means that while it would be brand new to you as
it's shipped from us, we do not offer a Warranty on it, and any
service/warranty issues with the MOD would have to go through Wismec
directly. We only would guarantee that the MOD would work out of the
box.

However, with that said, we have sold quite a few of them, and only
have had a handful reported with the 510 problem.

Anyhow, we do appreciate your understanding and hope this helps. If
you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to
contact us. We look forward to your continued patronage and hope you
have a great day!

Sincerely,

Will R.
Customer Service Team,
Electric Vapor Cigarettes LLC
customerservice@evcigarettes.com
1-904-619-1730

www.evcigarettes.com "
----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Informative
Reactions: gerrymi

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
Nice response, I would guess it’s a sign they have good customer service.

However.

The fact it is not warranted, and on clearance are clues. They probably got it at a reduced cost from their supplier. The fact that “only” a “handful” of people reported problems does not really help. Unless a customer was aware of the problems and looked for it odds are the device would still work. I’m sure there were many wo had defective ones from the original release did not return them. Heck, I’m sure many are using defective ones to this day, and don’t even realize it. If someone never stressed the connection, there’s a good chance it would function normally.

Just my thoughts, worth about 2 cents......

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nope, and for a couple of reasons hittman. 1) I noticed that the body is made out of Zink Alloy. I have a Cuboid 150 made of Zink Alloy and that thing is too heavy for out and about/pocket carry. 2) Reading between the lines in that email, I get a strong feeling that the 228's they are selling are New/Old Stock and not the Updated 510's.

I might need to wait for the Ravage230's to come down a bit in price. If I'm not wrong, those are made out of the same materials that the P80's are, plus they are using the New and Improved 510's right off the bat.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I agree with you Figs. Some folks like to go all Gorilla when screwing on toppers (and that could well be the problem), and some just lightly snug theirs down and wouldn't notice any defect. I would feel better if those had the updated 510's though. Isn't there a visual way to know if a 228 has a updated 510 ?? I thought that there was.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Nope, and for a couple of reasons hittman. 1) I noticed that the body is made out of Zink Alloy. I have a Cuboid 150 made of Zink Alloy and that thing is too heavy for out and about/pocket carry. 2) Reading between the lines in that email, I get a strong feeling that the 228's they are selling are New/Old Stock and not the Updated 510's.

I might need to wait for the Ravage230's to come down a bit in price. If I'm not wrong, those are made out of the same materials that the P80's are, plus they are using the New and Improved 510's right off the bat.
    Hey 52,just received my Ravage 230 and really liking it. I've only had it 1 day but really do like it. The mod is very light, fits the hand nice, fire bar is perfect and the color screen is so nice.
    20180103_143759.jpg

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Yeah, you and me both hittman.:lol:

I have an Idea that a/some Ravage 230's will be coming to my house bob, sooner or later. Till then, I will keep a close eye on you and yours to see how things are going. Nice pic also bob, Thanks for that. :thumbs:

gerrymi, I ordered a "Gold" Berserker a couple of hours ago, to go along with that "Bronze" P80 I just ordered (I hope that they will look good with each other).

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yeah, you and me both hittman.:lol:

I have an Idea that a/some Ravage 230's will be coming to my house bob, sooner or later. Till then, I will keep a close eye on you and yours to see how things are going.

gerrymi, I ordered a "Gold" Berserker a couple of hours ago, to go along with that "Bronze" P80 I just ordered (I hope that they will look good with each other).

I have been curious about the beserker. I went on a tank buying binge the last couple months of last year and have been trying to hold off buying more. I got three zeus tanks, two merlin mtl's, two siren v2's, and two serpent smm's.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    If you like a cigarette type of draw hittman, then you got to try a Berserker, the CV Hussar with the 1.3mm air pin is a very similar type of draw too, I have both but like my Berserker more (but just by a little bit). I use my Siren V1 for Restricted Lung Hits now (using the biggest air ring adjustment hole) and Berserker and Hussar (with the 3.2ml PC tank) for dedicated Tight MTL vaping (using a different flavor in each). FYI, I bottom fill my Berserker using the included 5ml glass tank (I know it says 4.5ml, but I get a measured 5ml in mine) and get no gurgle at all (I read that folks can top fill with the 2ml tank and have no problems with gurgles).

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com

The overwhelming majority of mods these days are made out of zinc alloy (though there are numerous different zinc alloys). The Predator and Ravage are zinc alloy as well, as I'd wager is the case with the p80 as well.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread