Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
One thing I've found is that painted base metal (zinc alloy) adds weight and most finishes don't hold up. My RX75 has base metal doors and an anodized aluminum body. The doors look like crap while the body just has a tiny bit of edge wear after 6+ months of my use and abuse.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    One thing I've found is that painted base metal (zinc alloy) adds weight and most finishes don't hold up. My RX75 has base metal doors and an anodized aluminum body. The doors look like crap while the body just has a tiny bit of edge wear after 6+ months of my use and abuse.
    I have 3 RX75's and all my doors look like the mod, like day 1, no wear at all, but are mostly desk mods.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    I'm thinking of getting a Gold Berserker to go along with that Bronze P80.

52...(you're right...that is much less formal than 52and)...is this the tank you're talkin' about:

Authentic Vandy Vape Berserker Mini MTL RTA Gold 2ml 22mm Tank

It sure is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I have a BLACK eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank on my BRONZE P80.

It's a little less expensive than the Berserker...produces a GREAT vaping experience...and accepts the CLR coils which are rebuildable and aimed towards those of use who are somewhat inept...and LAZY...:headbang:

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

Joyetech CLR Coils (5 pack)

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    It's this one gerry, the 24mm version that I will put on my Sinuous P80;

Vandyvape Berserker MTL RTA -$28.62 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

WoW !! $10.95 is a heck of a price for that Eggo tank. Do you re-wick your CLR coils ?? (I had just taught my daughter how to re-wick those (using Rayon) a couple weeks ago, and she loves it)

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: gerrymi

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Do you re-wick your CLR coils ?? (I had just taught my daughter how to re-wick those (using Rayon) a couple weeks ago, and she loves it)

Well...52...the posters on the ego-one/CLR thread re-wick them 5-10 times before actually re-coiling them...

That was my "plan"...but...but...I was at Fasttech (putting in an order for other stuff) and saw that the price for a 5-pack dropped to $7.13 if I bought 5 packs...

They last so long right out of the blister pack (4-6 weeks)...that I'm still in the "throw-used-one-into-a-baggie-to-rewick-later" phase...:shock:

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    That's how I taught my daughter to do. She uses all 15 CLR coils putting each used coil in a baggie then re-wicking them all together w/Rayon (dry burning them of course first). She uses the 1.0Ω Kanthal MTL coils in her Tron-S tanks. Once she learned to re-wick using Rayon she just pulls out the cotton on her new CLR coils and puts in Rayon from the "get go". When it gets to re-coiling, I suppose she will ask me for some help with that task.

Edit; I think I'm up to the task, as I started off re-building those Kanger coils for the EVOD2 atomizers way back when.

Last edited:

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2017
    My P80 finally arrived.
    IMG_20180108_202125-01-01-01-01.jpeg

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I've got ArcticFox af_171228.bin running in my Sinuous P80's (2) and really like the preheat now. I have it set to 7 watts with a preheat of 8 watts for .5 seconds and a 5 second Relax time. This is not a curve, but it seems to work out Great for me. Also the same on my much older Presa's.

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2017
    I've got ArcticFox af_171228.bin running in my Sinuous P80's (2) and really like the preheat now. I have it set to 7 watts with a preheat of 8 watts for .5 seconds and a 5 second Relax time. This is not a curve, but it seems to work out Great for me. Also the same on my much older Presa's.

Can preheat work in normal wattage mode or must it be in TC mode?

Reactions: 52anddone

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2017
    52...(you're right...that is much less formal than 52and)...is this the tank you're talkin' about:

Authentic Vandy Vape Berserker Mini MTL RTA Gold 2ml 22mm Tank

It sure is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I have a BLACK eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank on my BRONZE P80.

It's a little less expensive than the Berserker...produces a GREAT vaping experience...and accepts the CLR coils which are rebuildable and aimed towards those of use who are somewhat inept...and LAZY...:headbang:

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

Joyetech CLR Coils (5 pack)

This is what I found to go with my bronze P80....looks like its a good match!

$12.35 Authentic Eleaf iJust S Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 4ml / 0.3ohm / 304 stainless steel + glass / 24.5mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran

Yes, it can and does for me right now. I love it. Preheat will not work good in wattage mode as WisMec and others in the industry deliver it, but the way ArcticFox delivers it, it works great and is very useful in Power mode.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2017
    Yes, it can and does for me right now. I love it. Preheat will not work good in wattage mode as WisMec and others in the industry deliver it, but the way ArcticFox delivers it, it works great and is very useful in Power mode.

Im having some startup challenges on a dna 75 mod with a Zeus tank and suspect I need pre-heat there.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    For me, preheat worked pretty well in wattage mode - it really helped a lot. I don't do fancy coils ( mostly .28g SS spaced .85ohm) in low wattage. I was doing about 8W, and set preheat to be 10W for 1/2 sec. It helped reduce the need for priming puffs. But I haven't preheat it on other mods, so I don't have anything to compare it to.
    But after playing with TC a good bit, I like it even better. I went with higher wattage (around 10.5), but limit to about 400 degrees.
    I'm really loving this mod.
    upload_2018-1-16_13-2-42.png

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Preheat will not work good in wattage mode as WisMec and others in the industry deliver it, but the way ArcticFox delivers it, it works great and is very useful in Power mode.

Well...52...I'm too PC-Challenged (and lazy) to EVER figure out anything like ArcticFox...

But...for me...P80...VW...vaping at 6W...with 1.0ohm CLR coil...PreHeat of 7.5W for 1.5 seconds...has completely eliminated my need for priming puffs...:thumbs:

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    If you vape using a single draw type of vape, like a lot of folks do, then the WisMec type of preheat could work for you. I tend to "Chain Vape", meaning that I take a hit, release the fire bar and inhale, depress the fire bar and take another hit, fully inhale while releasing the fire bar and do it all over again in quick succession. With the WisMec type of preheat I notice the heat just keep building, and it gets too warm for me, even starting out at only 7 watts. Not so with the way AF implements preheat, that's why I can run preheat in Power mode now, and suites my style of vaping better, as only the first draw is with preheat, and subsequent draws are not.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread