Siren v2 Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Hello everyone

I love the siren v2 because it has large capacity (4.5ml) and is capable of a loose MTL (all 5 airflow holes open). However i HATE its wicking, and want a replacement.

Any suggestions for a large capacity(3ml and up)/loose MTL draw tank that has great flavor? thanks

EVL Reaper v3 with 5ml extension. Flavor much better than Siren (I have 2 Siren) very smooth loose MTL/RDTL draw and wicks fantastic.

I8jvrwyqdCB2qSCk75hvxM7QxLOEArPBWhsas6md2tBOOrwivjVA5mgu4QPF4hEu3kbnrjPt_1HOkggC1xYZYScQ1Pf_KXEDkCO9WaoPwFc0YzE19KFxhOvvVgkOk6cc7QNzpdABmQqbLWlcdcYjJl3ZAMM0Zrk-k1syV3KXKCBKQxQecC-HWSvpnkSypQCvGKC2DK0IpT5N86J7CrIBCfGFF9dqbIWWAjO6CY2q3ttt3uDEJ0Vp30APtyks0WFwoQZFaJY7WVnEgbJXGHhjJLH0PCD_tY90cXk7BlLT5YMu_avNzcvXLQhnDm3YE7QRV2TEreA8aXqcHwAw7DwPMXu5VesHxV6423BLxOE2rbrL43rD9_A3iKQbjML5aoorhUVJGYXW1SHVmKrapZ_XlhWRy-dtEslCFBWMSR15mWFaLXrYmMh6dG3etrndmVmXjy2LRwR0YywXSck91Fmd9GHDQZWTQ9AsmetBVV1tiU9UTQp8iQNMsTsDM3Y4hdjXLQuvegdIM-KYQobca2GyhDOX3JgmYFDd2GXRuoEfcHi1xOlqC1FPH0z6i1-whG8aI971E0pvv9X7OVASgKDBoH-D8AJUlYCO7LsTbXvBjdoKy0WcRBeN6itaK3y1Dbh3-kwVJ4MH5tt06S9vwWUF368tVyuzuWs=w661-h977-no

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hello everyone

I love the siren v2 because it has large capacity (4.5ml) and is capable of a loose MTL (all 5 airflow holes open). However i HATE its wicking, and want a replacement.

Any suggestions for a large capacity(3ml and up)/loose MTL draw tank that has great flavor? thanks

Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA - it's very similar to the Siren with a GTA deck, but a doddle to build and wick. Flavour galore. I've had absolutely no weeping, leaking or gurgling - and been top filling with the airflow wide open.

It has various airflow inserts - I use the 2.5mm for an airy mtl draw. It's one of my most trouble-free RTAs :thumb:

Here's the specs:
    Hastur MTL RTA is designed for mouth to lung and stricted lung hit vapers.
    And it is designed by Brian N(CA,USA).
    It comes with 5 swappable air flow resisters(1.0mm, 1.6mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.5mm).
    4 extra air flow resisters are optional (1.2mm,1.4mm,1mm X 2, 0.8mm X3)
    Bigger posts to reduce the size of chamber. New and easy refilling system.
    Two 510 drip tips(airhole dia.: 3.5mm & 2.0mm).
    Food grade 304 stainless steel.
    3.5ml capacity.

WIDTH: 24 mm / 0.94 in
    HEIGHT: 43 mm / 1.69 in (without drip tip)

In the new batch Hastur MTL RTA 24mm, glass tube will be fixed on the top cap by a o-ring. – Aug. 8 2018

I got mine from cigabuy - and it has the new o-ring. Just means you can now take the deck out with a full tank of juice.

• Agree
    Reactions: Opinionated

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    You could ask @muth about the Asvape Zeta.
    You rang? Zeta is only 2.5ml. I'm hoping for an extension kit. This is one MTL that's getting little attention in the states. I contacted Phil about it but he's waiting for them to contact him. I'm hoping he'll get curious enough to just buy it.

Reactions: Mordacai

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    The Wotofo Profile Unity RTA comes with a 3.5ml and 5ml glass, is very easy top fill and has a versatile AFC that should do the draw you want. It's a mesh RTA, but can also do coils easily with it's clamping system. A great RTA for the $35 cost of admission
    wpux5.jpg
    wpuX4.jpg .
    wpudeck.jpg

Features:
    01. A collaborative success by Wotofo, MrJustRight1 and The Vapor Chronicles
    02. Powered by nexMESH OFRF, the triple density mesh coil
    03. Thick resin drip tip, airy draw with dissipated heat
    04. Tongue & Groove cap design, easy refill and quick sealing
    05. 5ml expansion tube option, juice capacity in your control
    06. Adjustable airflow, from tight to loose, all up to you
    07. Bi-level juice port structure, ingenious juice flow system
    08. Non-stop flow and rapid e-liquid feeding
    09. Optimized from the Profile RDA build deck
    10. Easy to wick, easy to build on
    11. Unique deck-chamber linkage system
    12. Steady air intake, coil-focused air supply
    13. Phenomenal flavor production, all tastes locked in
    Specifications:
    Diameter: 25mm
    Overall Height: 48.5mm
    Threading: 510 thread
    E-liquid Capacity: 3.5ml (5ml tube included)
    Filling Method: Top filling
    Coil Type: Mesh coil
    Airflow Type: Adjustable side airflow
    Insulator Material: German PEEK

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: muth

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    The Wotofo Profile Unity RTA comes with a 3.5ml and 5ml glass, is very easy top fill and has a versatile AFC that should do the draw you want. It's a mesh RTA, but can also do coils easily with it's clamping system. A great RTA for the $35 cost of admission View attachment 814011 View attachment 814013 .
    View attachment 814019
    Features:
    01. A collaborative success by Wotofo, MrJustRight1 and The Vapor Chronicles
    02. Powered by nexMESH OFRF, the triple density mesh coil
    03. Thick resin drip tip, airy draw with dissipated heat
    04. Tongue & Groove cap design, easy refill and quick sealing
    05. 5ml expansion tube option, juice capacity in your control
    06. Adjustable airflow, from tight to loose, all up to you
    07. Bi-level juice port structure, ingenious juice flow system
    08. Non-stop flow and rapid e-liquid feeding
    09. Optimized from the Profile RDA build deck
    10. Easy to wick, easy to build on
    11. Unique deck-chamber linkage system
    12. Steady air intake, coil-focused air supply
    13. Phenomenal flavor production, all tastes locked in
    Specifications:
    Diameter: 25mm
    Overall Height: 48.5mm
    Threading: 510 thread
    E-liquid Capacity: 3.5ml (5ml tube included)
    Filling Method: Top filling
    Coil Type: Mesh coil
    Airflow Type: Adjustable side airflow
    Insulator Material: German PEEK
    Don't get me started on mesh! I have a love/hate fascination with it. Now, I'm going to have to take a closer look at this. Darn you! Go back to your corner:p

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    Don't get me started on mesh! I have a love/hate fascination with it. Now, I'm going to have to take a closer look at this. Darn you! Go back to your corner:p

Yet another lost soul who didn't make friends with the fire breathing dragons. :(
    ;)
    I jumped into the mesh 'coil' atty's in the summer of 2017, and now have 27 of them that see the lions share of my vaping. Lots of folks have dived into mesh along the way, but most of them fell away soon after because they didn't take the time/make the effort to learn how to build them right. The Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's (3) solid deck was a pain and had no drip well; the Dovpo Mesh Pro's (9) have a solid deck but ample well but still had to be built right (both must have a massive amount of tight wick). The Mesh Pro's became my favorite mesh RDA's for a long time. Enter the Wotofo Profile RDA's (9) and now their Unity RTA's (4) that with a spring loaded deck are so easy to build right the first try that few should ever fall away from either of them. Don't care for the wicking that comes with them though. Not being a fan of RTA's, it was a stretch to even try out the Unity. I expressed my doubts (link below) but did give them a try. Sure glad I did now. First CB build leaked like most RTA's I've tried have, second with KGD fixed that and started to win me over. But the change to Firebolt cotton bolts sealed the deal for me on the Unity RTA's. I plan to try the bolts in the Profile RDA's as well when one needs a rebuild.

Wotofo Profile Unity RTA

Back to my corner...

giving-myself-a-time-out.jpg

• Love
    Reactions: AngeNZ

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Yet another lost soul who didn't make friends with the fire breathing dragons. :(
    ;)
    I jumped into the mesh 'coil' atty's in the summer of 2017, and now have 27 of them that see the lions share of my vaping. Lots of folks have dived into mesh along the way, but most of them fell away soon after because they didn't take the time/make the effort to learn how to build them right. The Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's (3) solid deck was a pain and had no drip well; the Dovpo Mesh Pro's (9) have a solid deck but ample well but still had to be built right (both must have a massive amount of tight wick). The Mesh Pro's became my favorite mesh RDA's for a long time. Enter the Wotofo Profile RDA's (9) and now their Unity RTA's (4) that with a spring loaded deck are so easy to build right the first try that few should ever fall away from either of them. Don't care for the wicking that comes with them though. Not being a fan of RTA's, it was a stretch to even try out the Unity. I expressed my doubts (link below) but did give them a try. Sure glad I did now. First CB build leaked like most RTA's I've tried have, second with KGD fixed that and started to win me over. But the change to Firebolt cotton bolts sealed the deal for me on the Unity RTA's. I plan to try the bolts in the Profile RDA's as well when one needs a rebuild.

Wotofo Profile Unity RTA

Back to my corner...

View attachment 814321
    Thx for the info. No matter what type coil...RTA fails are always due to wicking technique. Glad you found a good wick for yourself.

Spring loaded solves the problem of hot spots on the mesh. My first Themis Mesh build was a lucky one and I thought I had died and went to heaven. The flavor, the smooth vape.....I loved it. Then I had problems replicating it. I do have plans for a second attack with a new type of mesh.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2018
    Perth, Western Australia
    I have the Siren, Ammit, Beserker and Unity, of the 4 the Unity has the best open draw and beserker the tightest. I love the Siren and have no problems with wicking using 30/70 mix. My Unity is new and so far matches the RDA flavor wise....except I am having leakage through the air control, need to check the wicking? I would suggest that you experiment with wicking your Siren...they don't get much better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread