Site Upgrades coming next week! Site will be down starting 8/24 starting 3AM BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexj-12

Administrator
Admin
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2022
Chicago
Hey everyone, we have a big change coming to the site next week! The changes are coming on Wednesday, August 24th at 3:00AM BST so expect the site to be down for a while so that we can make the updates we have planned. Here's a list of some of changes we're making and if you have any questions let us know!

Site updates
We've updated the site and ECF will now have a light and dark mode. Here's a sneak peek of the new look of the site.

qYaVgFM.png

tdZjQj6.png

Community
This is where the biggest changes are happening. We've developed a system to make it easier to find the content you're looking for through "feeds."
  • Create many types of content through the "create" button at the top of the page.
  • Set your favorite feed as your default feed so that it will show up first when you log into the community.
  • Select from a large number of filter options to only see the content you want to see.
  • A dedicated questions feed to help any and all questions get answered.
  • Upvoting! You now have the ability to upvote as well as react to any content that you like.

In the community, we also plan to make adjustments to the forum list to make it easier to find threads and create new content. If you have any questions about the changes you can ask in this thread or I'll also be available after the update to help out!

uaO23rs.png

New features
We're adding in an achievement system, which is a great way to reward you all for your membership on the site and we're also going to add in a leaderboard system to have some friendly competition between members.

Again, we're extremely excited for all of the changes coming and we really appreciate everyone's help in making this happen. Watch out for these changes on Wednesday and if you have any questions about what's coming let us know!

Last edited:

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Hey everyone, we have a big change coming to the site next week! The changes are coming on Wednesday, August 24th at 3:00AM BST so expect the site to be down for a while so that we can make the updates we have planned. Here's a list of some of changes we're making and if you have any questions let us know.

Hi Alexj. Welcome to ECF! 3:00AM BST is 9:00AM EST right? Will you be around after the updates to help with the inevitable confusion?

alexj-12

Administrator
Admin
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2022
Chicago
Seems odd to have these changes when there is almost no activity on ecf these days. Maybe this will draw more people, who knows.
That's our goal! We wanted to make changes to the site to draw in new users and also update the experience you all are already familiar with, so yes there are a lot of changes, but it should still be very easy for current users to get around the site

alexj-12

Administrator
Admin
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2022
Chicago
...and the issues with the Dark theme? Will they get any love this time around?

Cheers
I
We've fully updated the dark theme, so it should be an improved experience! Once we make the updates though, if you see anything let me know

alexj-12

Administrator
Admin
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2022
Chicago
Hi Alexj. Welcome to ECF! 3:00AM BST is 9:00AM EST right? Will you be around after the updates to help with the inevitable confusion?

Hey there! 3AM BST is 10PM EST of next Tuesday. We expect the upgrade to take until later in the day and into the evening on Wednesday and I'll be available to help with any questions you have about the new features

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey there! 3AM BST is 10PM EST of next Tuesday. We expect the upgrade to take until later in the day and into the evening on Wednesday and I'll be available to help with any questions you have about the new features
Okay, for 24 hours or so beginning Tuesday night (Aug23) at 10PM Eastern Standard time (Zulu-1), the ECF will be DOWN.
Got it, I think.
Thank you upgrade/migration team!

Cheers
I

alexj-12

Administrator
Admin
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2022
Chicago
Must be the way these Screen Captures were done. But it sure seems like there is a Ton of "Whitespace" along the R/H and L/H Margins.
Yes, there's a button at the bottom of the page that allows you to expand the content to the full width of the page if you'd like

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes, there's a button at the bottom of the page that allows you to expand the content to the full width of the page if you'd like
If you get a chance, can you post a screen shot of this Button you mentioned. Thank you.

I've looked but can seem to See/Find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread