Sixth month off cigs here--what about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not looking for congrats, gang, but want to shout from the rooftops... tomorrow marks the start of six cig-free months for me. Sweet! All hail the good folks at V4L--and the good members of this forum--for making the journey so painless and even enjoyable. Hip, hip, hoorah! So glad I found my way here in early January. Life changing indeed.

Juist wondering about youse. How's your own anti-cig journey going these days? I hope you're finding mucho success as well.

Do you think you are just going to vape the rest of your life, or are you trying to quit smoking/vaping all together?

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
That's a great question, Brenden. I told myself initially that I'd get free from cigs for at least a year before thinking about the issue. Gotta stay focused and all that, especially early on.

(Edit: Upon further reflection, as I sit her vaping happily, I got a feeling that vaping will be a part of my life for years to come. The freq and nic level will likely drop, though.)

My wife, on the other hand, has already begin cutting way back on her vaping after being cig-free for just four months. Even then, I think she'd agree that vaping will be her back-up, instead of cigs, for months and maybe even years to come. (Her stash of peppermint and grape ain't going anywhere!) I'm wondering what other here think about the issue.

Last edited:

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
How cool that I stumble upon this thread!
It's six months to the day today for me.
Stepped out on the deck for my last smoke, just about this time, even before I opened my V4L package and haven't looked back since.
Man time flies can't believe that was 6 months ago been about 9 months for me hope your doing well bullitt.

rickyman

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2009
Michigan
6 months for me also. I smoked a pack and a half a day for 28 years. Before I tried e-cigs, the longest I went without smoking was three weeks of NRT.

I don't know how long I will continue to vape, but I have droped my nic level quite a bit since I first began. One thing is certain... I will never smoke another cigarette as long as I live. :)

maxx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
PA, USA
www.omnimaxx.com
Only me and Addy throat-punching people? Well that's just pitiful.....

I always believed if we punched more and apologized less...the smoke nazis wouldn't have beaten us. Imagine a loudmouth nazi lady, smelling like a French ..... from cheap perfume....rolling around on the ground unable to breath. That my friends....is entertainment. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread