Sleazy propaganda re diacetyl in e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Regulatory powers are not the same as enforcement powers. We're talking enforcement here. Who comes to stick tape on the doors and/or arrest people operating an unlicensed business?

Actually regulatory agencies have such powers, like the ATF or any under the HHS, like the FDA. They have SWAT teams...

Last edited:

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Third time you're trying to avoid the answer.

Let me do it for you: FDA does not own a SWAT team. They have an investigative unit (OCI). And, as you correctly obesrved, they can't do nothing without involving the judicial branch.

Can you explain why FDA would be better than congress/police/court at regulating / enforcing in homicide cases?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Third time you're trying to avoid the answer.

Let me do it for you: FDA does not own a SWAT team. They have an investigative unit (OCI). And, as you correctly obesrved, they can't do nothing without involving the judicial branch.

Can you explain why FDA would be better than congress/police/court at regulating / enforcing in homicide cases?

FDA doesn't have SWAT teams? That's news to me and the FDA... Even the DOE has SWAT teams...

You should probably do a little research about the federal government and its agencies...

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
FDA doesn't have SWAT teams? That's news to me and the FDA... Even the DOE has SWAT teams...

You should probably do a little research about the federal government and its agencies...

SWAT stands for "Special Weapons and Tactics". Can you list the "Special Weapons" that FDA's OCI owns and operates as to qualify it as SWAT team?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I carefully worded my personal decision to not vape diacetyl.

Vapers who discuss all the things that may present risks, just like the reviewer in another thread I posted about who warned everyone about a mod back in 2012 that was literally an unvented pipe bomb, often receive a load of flak from those who are threatened by the idea that maybe things aren't safe. As a matter of fact, that particular reviewer helped hold the manufacturer's feet to the fire, and vendors recalled the item, and they were modified to be safer. HOWEVER, if you go to that topic, you will see that he received a ton of flak for just showing that!

When Dr. F. was doing the study on eliquids and found that over 70% of the ones he tested contained diacetyl, most people were grateful for his efforts, but if you read around the internet, and in comments sections, they even gave HIM a hard time about breaking that news.

Please, if you have concerns about a product, share them. That is what happened in the topic about Aspire lying about the materials used in the nautilus chamber, etc.

This is the HALLMARK of self-regulation!!!!!!!!!!

People who march to the status quo aren't the ones who make the world a better place. We see that alll thru history. The status quo people thought the world was flat and thankfully somebody with some ballz showed it wasn't. :)

We've been lied to a few times. Stay vigilant. Thank you for sharing with us your decision not to vape diketones and why. Perhaps another vaper will see that and also have questions. questioning things is the hallmark of science. If Dr. F. had no questions in his mind, about the safety of diketones, he would not have done the study. He did the study precisely because he had suspicions about flavorings. True scientific mind....looking for answers to questions. :)

Last edited:

thefleck

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
CA
The Wolf...

LOL:laugh:

I was surprised by this, but it's true...FDA has SWAT:

"An FDA SWAT unit struck Lancaster, Pa.’s Rainbow Acres Farm in April 2010. From there, farmer Dan Allgyer illegally had shipped unpasteurized milk to his customers across state lines through something called a “cow-sharing agreement.” (Really.) Ignoring a woman’s right to choose raw milk, Washington launched an armed federal response against this Amish-run dairy. The company subsequently folded."
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/376053/united-states-swat-john-fund

WOW:facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread