Sleazy propaganda re diacetyl in e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I have read the other threads. Show me where someone has claimed it to be harmless. I believe you won't.

I find that hard to believe... Here's one. I won't post 1000, because there's no point...

no one has ever been diagnosed with popcorn lung due to smoking.
there is 100x or more of diacetyl in cigarette smoke than the highest
amount ever found in e-juice.
there i fixed that for you.

Danie06

Jul 24, 2014
Inaccurate. In post #12 on this thread, your first, you went on diatribe saying
If you think that was diatribe, then you're really not very used to people having different opinions than your own, are you?
I carefully worded my personal decision to not vape diacetyl.
I didnt say others shouldnt vape it, or that the industry needed to do this or that (i did say some things regarding that later, but most certainly not in my first post).

I can think of a way to force the entire industry to comply to the diacetyl perceived problem. FDA has provided that way. And you are contributing to justification for why FDA regulations are righteous. You believe the whole industry should disclose. Thus, you are telling others (vape businesses) how to act within the market and not just leaving it up to your wallet.

Lemme know if you still don't get this cause I have no problem calling it out.
Dear god, the world is really black and white for you isnt it?
Anyone that even dares to have a slightly different opinion than you is contributing to the FDA, not acting "becoming of a vaping enthusiasts", fear mongering and "willingly contribute to ANTZ".
Comments like that are really only intended to silence people with a different opinion than your own, which I guess makes up for your complete lack of real arguments.

In fact I've also recently decided that I refuse to eat Brussel's sprouts anymore. Are you going to suggest I should be send to Alcatraz now for being a traitor to the human race or something?:?:

Anyway: seriously grow up already. If you dont have any arguments or are incapable to write them down in a coherent way, disrespectful yelling and accusing people doesnt really invite anyone to take you serious anymore.
*waves goodbye*

Danie06

Jul 24, 2014
I agree with this part, but for the rest is the reason I mentioned the 'butter, eggs, fat' part in my reply. All of those had similar 'science' behind the 'danger' at the time. That no longer is the case. You can lay out all what you read about diketones and come to what appears to be a rational conclusion from the data that is made available... JUST as you could have read all the data about fats and come to the same conclusion by deduction. When you have a series of instances where science either by not having enough data, or where politics (or money) became part of the data, then you have to think inductively - There are similar cases made in the past that have not shown to be true, so can this be the case here?
Absolutely. Thats why i said very clearly "we cannot say with 100% certainty inhaling diacetyl while vaping will damage your lungs."
At this moment in time there is no evidence that proves that, period.
And it might very well in time turn out to be not true.
I seriously hope and pray that because regardless what we post here a LOT of people do vape custards etc.
My point is that this is such an important decision regarding your health, that we can only make that decision for ourselves, based upon the evidence/ science we have today (which is inconclusive).
I'm therefor not arguing it should be forbidden or regulated. It should however be disclosed (as some vendors already do) so we can all make that imo highly personal decision.

Danie06

Jul 24, 2014
Governmental organizations the world over are already operating on the assumption that vaping in it's entirety is unsafe. Asking for, (or allowing) them to step in and control even a small part of it is extremely unwise.
The juice market in particular will best evolve on it's own. Coalitions will rapidly develop along lines similar to the food industry, where there are options for everyone. Government intervention will stop that evolution in it's tracks. No options, no freedom of choice.
Agreed. I dont believe anyone asks for the government to step in and regulate this for us.
It is exactly about freedom of choice, this whole discussion.
But you can only chose when you know the facts, so eventually I hope all vendors will follow the example of those that are disclosing whether or not their liquids contain diacetyl and other diketones.
Then people can decide for themselves whether or not to buy those liquids.
Thats all.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
No, seriously Jman, I'm not talking about your liquids or what you should vape, but only how I wish to approach this with my wallet.

Ha, you were almost convincing before. Almost. But not quite.

Now. Not so able to stick to that point you claimed was all you were saying.

I fail to see why some vapers engage in fear mongering and willingly contribute to ANTZ speak.

I want nothing to do with ANTZ, except to stomp them. :D Or in the case of the "human" (maybe) variety... humiliate and shame and disregard and ostracize them. Or commit them to the looney-bin that all control-freaks belong in.

I personally couldn't give a rip what "the industry" does about diketones; I don't want them in my ejuice, so I started DIYing and choosing my flavors VERY carefully. Call me a tin-foil-hatter if you like, I don't care; I'll be vaping happily on my no-diketones ejuice, and you all, and everyone, can vape whatever the hell you and they like. Vape antifreeze for all I care. :D

I started vaping because "harm reduction" is the most sensible idea I've ever heard of, and I'll carry that idea as far as I can; there MAY be no harm in diketones... or then again, there MAY be a lot. If I avoid them as far as I am able, I'll have far less to worry about, in "long term" risks. Less to worry about makes me happy. It gives me warm fuzzies, and helps me sleep better. Even if that is the SOLE benefit of avoiding diketones, it's still a great benefit.

Andria

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Agreed. I dont believe anyone asks for the government to step in and regulate this for us.
It is exactly about freedom of choice, this whole discussion.
But you can only chose when you know the facts, so eventually I hope all vendors will follow the example of those that are disclosing whether or not their liquids contain diacetyl and other diketones.
Then people can decide for themselves whether or not to buy those liquids.
Thats all.

But why would they self regulate? So many don't care; many more just don't know. Most vapers don't spend time on internet forums. The bad stuff tastes good. People still vape Suicide Bunny, even those who know about that fiasco. Companies like that won't disclose dactyl and other bad ingredients without regulation; even then I wouldn't trust that particular company...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
In your previous post you complained that regulations don't work, and now you're proposing regulations as the solution to regulations not working?

Self regulation hasn't worked. I'm not talking about self regulation. I'm talking about regulation where a company who fails to comply is fined or shut down- by the FDA...

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Self regulation hasn't worked. I'm not talking about self regulation. I'm talking about regulation where a company who fails to comply is fined or shut down- by the FDA...

Criminal law is not "self regulation".

What exactly would make FDA regulations be better observed than any other kind of regulations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread