Slightly...shocking experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Wow. Just had a "shorted?" atomizer. I just charged my batteries and started to puff when I had white blips around the outside edges of my eyes and my mouth started twitching. Had no idea what was going on. Thought it might be my batteries (my charger is a TR-001 and is busted/defective), but I decided to switch atomizers. The one atomizer was SHOCKING ME!!! WTF?!?!? I guess it had a short? But anyway, glad the batteries aren't to blame (just ordered a replacement 510 connector, so yay! I will be using my Iatty and not worrying soon!!! Plus, Para is getting a "gift" in the mail as soon as the new connector is here :D).

ChaosAffect

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Georgia
I'm sitting here trying to figure out how you could possibly get current to your lips through an atty... First, you must've been using a stainless steel drip tip. Second... Well, I guess the only possible way is if the coil somehow grounded to the atty tube, but that seems massively unlikely. If the atty's male connector grounded it it should short down from there, not pass the current up to you. Very, very odd. First time I've ever heard of it.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I think i had an atomizer blow up once. I was hitting on one at 8v and all of the sudden, i felt a huge and sudden burst of vapor and then the atty was dead. Never got shocked though
I have experienced something similar but my atty did not die, it felt like someone blew a puff of air from a compressor out of the atty, freaked me iout.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
I'm sitting here trying to figure out how you could possibly get current to your lips through an atty... First, you must've been using a stainless steel drip tip. Second... Well, I guess the only possible way is if the coil somehow grounded to the atty tube, but that seems massively unlikely. If the atty's male connector grounded it it should short down from there, not pass the current up to you. Very, very odd. First time I've ever heard of it.

Yep! Used my SS drip tip from TW. It's a shorty and has lasted me around a year so far :D. It is the first time I have ever experienced something like that, and instead of keeping it in my jar I go through when I have nothing else available, I tossed it. I do not want to shock myself too much. I DID accidentally drop my GGTS a couple of times, but I don't think it fell THAT hard. I will chalk this up to a strange occurrence and hope it never happens again.

BTW, it was a 5ohm 901 atty from Vaporkings. Just FYI.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Yo Pysco, I'll take that SS tip - don't throw it away.

Yep! Used my SS drip tip from TW. It's a shorty and has lasted me around a year so far :D. It is the first time I have ever experienced something like that, and instead of keeping it in my jar I go through when I have nothing else available, I tossed it. I do not want to shock myself too much. I DID accidentally drop my GGTS a couple of times, but I don't think it fell THAT hard. I will chalk this up to a strange occurrence and hope it never happens again.

BTW, it was a 5ohm 901 atty from Vaporkings. Just FYI.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Yo Pysco, I'll take that SS tip - don't throw it away.

Not throwing away my trust DT!!! I threw away the shorted atomizer, lol. I am not keeping a tool that decides to shock its owner! I probably shoulda been more clear that the jar I spoke about is the atty "graveyard" I go through it when I am out of atties (or my Iatty needs materials, I guess. Haven't had it long and waiting on a connector from COV to be able to put it in with adapters again) But still, thanks for the offer, lol.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Could be fun at a local vapefest... :lol:

Haha, I was going to keep it to prank a couple of friends and relatives, but some of them are concerned on the "safety" of e-cigs, so it's best I dont even mention the incident to them, let alone try and prank them. It could end disastrously!

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
You could just keep that atty for helping convert smokers to vaping. It will help you demonstrate that you get a much better "hit" from vaping than from cigs :)

Totally mighta worked! HAHAHA. Come one, come all (smokers). This device truly gives you the feeling you need, to properly quit cigarettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread