Slow loading times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSullivan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Spring Lake Heights
Yes, I have noticed it as well. I don't think it is being caused by the amount of traffic, because it occurs during business hours, early evening and even in the wee hours. It is also very inconsistent, sometimes loading quickly, sometimes taking forever. Mostly this has happened in the last week.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I've been noticing very slow page loading times for the past week or so. Three to eight seconds to load a page. I don't see this delay at other sites I frequently use. Anyone else notice this?

Logging out, clearing cache and cookies, then logging back in sometimes fixes this issue.

Yes, took 9 seconds to load this page. Been noticing it the past two days. Guessing at busy times, their server might be struggling8-o

Which one? ECF is run on multiple servers. ;)

baly

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2013
United Kingdom
Have to say, great site, great content, love it. But the loading times are bordering on the type of performance I last saw on such databases and forum's many moons ago.

The main page has too much going on, ads, banners, facebook.

The forum listings are huge, shouldn't the site be regional specific ie I'm from the UK, so more then likely to gravitate towards UK, European and American forums or let me tailor on my settings which forums I specificaly wish to have load on the main page?

Just a thought, but as I said great site none the less.

Just my

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I am also very frustrated with the loading time to the point I just close the site and forget about using it at times. Just now it took at least 30 secs to load this forum, and when I click on "Likes Received" it can sit for two minutes and never connect and after several attempts I just finally give up. But this hasn't just been in the last week for me, it's been ever since I started using the site. As another member mentioned, sometimes I'll get through to a page immediately, but that's rare. Excruciating slow loading is what's consistent.... I can't count how many times I've though to myself that I'm just not going to use the site anymore. :( It is def time to move ECF to faster servers with more available bandwidth. ECF server I am on: USA 72.52.242.06

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Always loads slow for me on FF. Switch to Chrome and super fast. Today on FF site won't allow me to quote posts. Not a biggie as I just copy/ paste. In case anyone's wondering why I don't use Chrome for this site I find FF works quicker with work related websites. Three net connections- one solely for work cuz it's ridiculously fast (150 D/L and 35 U/L), another for work and ECF/ surfing (35 D/L and 3 U/L) and another DSL in case the cable goes down.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
i really don't think it's a ff problem. i tried to leave feedback today for some of my co-op members and when i hit 'submit reply' the wheel didn't even start spinning. for most it took repeated tries and once finally initiated a mighty long load time.
in contrast, threads were loading fairly decently ...................

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
i really don't think it's a ff problem. i tried to leave feedback today for some of my co-op members and when i hit 'submit reply' the wheel didn't even start spinning. for most it took repeated tries and once finally initiated a mighty long load time.
in contrast, threads were loading fairly decently ...................

FF generally slow. Just tried Chrome and lightening fast for me.
FF taking 10 secs to load.
Chrome taking .5 secs to load.
Also have a bandwidth monitor- shows down/ up load speeds and bandwidth used. Definitely a difference between FF and Chrome judging by the graph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread