Small rant on tobacco flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pickle

Aug 16, 2011
Chicago
I have been searching for a good tobacco flavor over the 5 or so months that I've been vaping. I have found a few good flavors, mostly bad flavors though. Then there are the few REALLY bad flavors. This is what I have a problem with.

I know that taste is based (mostly) on opinion, but I think everyone can agree that there are some things that OBJECTIVELY taste bad. I can say with great confidence that many of the flavors I have purchased taste so awful (and unlike tobacco) that I can't accept the thought that the vendor thinks they are good.

Take GoodeJuice.com for example. I bought their "house tobacco" flavor. This juice tastes like Pine-Sol smells. In no way does it resemble anything close to tobacco, but I digress. This flavor tastes bad. Not my opinion, not a subjective view...it tastes bad as a fact.

I just think that there needs to be some kind of standardisation, based on where the vendors are getting their DIY flavors. That way I would know, before I spend the cash, that I dislike the main tobacco extract that vendor X uses to flavor their juice. This would be easier for everyone.

Thoughts?

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
I agree. Most of the juice out there is TERRIBLE !

I'd say 90% of the juice I've bought is still sitting there unused.(I've gone to DIY, but I like Menthol, which is easy.This may be hard for many flavors.)

The only way around this is to only order small quantities. If the Juice seller doesn't offer $2 or $3 sampler quantities I'd just forget that seller.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I think subjectivity is greater than allow for. If the producers published their recipes that might help but maybe not.

My fav tobacco flavor is not exactly like burning tobacco - thankfully. It's hard to say what it's like because no one thing dominates. Once could imagine a wide range of things in it - caramel, coffee, chocolate, almond, marshmallow, vanilla and more, It might be the one that most people hate (generic tobacco). I hated it at first but appreciate it a lot now. Plus I get more vapor and TH from it than i can get from DIY pure VG and / or higher nic. Haven't worked that out yet ...

Last edited:

carlton M

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Walnut Creek Ca
Yeah, I got very frustrated finding a good tobacco pre-mix, until I realized (1) tobacco flavor will never taste like a cigarette, and (2) It is too subjective to other peoples tastes. This is what got me started on DIY-ing my own. I can add what ever I wish until I get what I like.
I have had (and still do) many failed attempts, but also have found a few all day vapes that I will never do without!
ecigexpress has a lot of options for flavors. Personally I love the DK Tobacco at about 3-5% with 1% EM (sweetener) and a drop of well diluted tobacco absolute (be very careful of absolute it is too strong without severe dilution!)and of course diluted Vape Wizard (it's magical!)
I also have a mix of 1-2 drops (into 10mls)of all the tobaccos I have
Desert ship
DK
Shade
Absolute
EM
with a touch of caramel
and Vape wizard.
If you use this as a standard you can add all kinds of stuff to it like more caramel with some vanilla to = RY4 for instance.
It's like a hobby now. lots of fun, and when you get it right it's cheaper in the long run.
I can make 30mls worth for the price of 1 10 ml pre-mixed flavor.
So my advice is start DIYing! $#%@!! it up now and then, experiment! When you vape a flavor you mixed yourself it is the most satisfying vape you'll ever have!

Last edited:

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I have been searching for a good tobacco flavor over the 5 or so months that I've been vaping. I have found a few good flavors, mostly bad flavors though. Then there are the few REALLY bad flavors. This is what I have a problem with.

I know that taste is based (mostly) on opinion, but I think everyone can agree that there are some things that OBJECTIVELY taste bad. I can say with great confidence that many of the flavors I have purchased taste so awful (and unlike tobacco) that I can't accept the thought that the vendor thinks they are good.

Take GoodeJuice.com for example. I bought their "house tobacco" flavor. This juice tastes like Pine-Sol smells. In no way does it resemble anything close to tobacco, but I digress. This flavor tastes bad. Not my opinion, not a subjective view...it tastes bad as a fact.

I just think that there needs to be some kind of standardisation, based on where the vendors are getting their DIY flavors. That way I would know, before I spend the cash, that I dislike the main tobacco extract that vendor X uses to flavor their juice. This would be easier for everyone.

Thoughts?

IMHO, tobacco flavors to not get better regardless of how much they cost. So vape a cheap one and allow enough time to acquire a taste for it. This is probably the best scenario. Dekang USA mix or Dekang Camel (Turkish).

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread