Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The Voopoo Drag is a very nice mod. They run between $40 and $50 plus shipping online.

Consider anything more than that a retail markup (and finder's fee, so to speak), and decide for yourself whether it's worth it. It is a very nice device, with a lot of satisfied users here.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
You already know the answer.

You could buy the mod on-line and save 20%ish, but lose your integrity. We live and die by our actions in this world.
or
You could pay the full price and support a small local business, remember a physical shop has overheads that an online vendor does not. He may be able to give valuable advice, and being able to touch and see the device first hand can help with decision making.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
How long ago did you ask him to order it? If it's the next day you can call, say you changed your mind, and ask if he already ordered it, and if he did, can he cancel it. If yes, at least you did the right thing by him. If he already ordered it and can't return it, then it falls to your sense of what's right on the next step. Either way, it is a popular and well liked mod.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    There's a crossroad in ECF life. We all went to shops, started friendly relationships with the owners. They make your juice for you and you buy their gear. But after a short while, after joining ECF, you start realizing the juice the shop owners make isn't quite as good as you first remember, the price on their gear seems a little less reasonable.

You start to dabble with online purchases recommended by the members on ECF and are saving money, finding great flavors from popular trusted vendors for the same price as what the shop owner makes; even learn how to make your own juice and build your own coils.

Then, after an awkward amount of time has past, you go pay your vape shop owner a visit. As soon as you lock eyes, both of you realize the relationship has been compromised. You become more smiley in kind of a chagrined manor, the shop owner is not so ready to jump to the counter like they once did. You take a casual look around, and after a half hour, you buy a five dollar drip tip and exit their shop for maybe the last time.

In the future, you will still recommend that shop to newer vapers in your community knowing you were once that starry eyed n00b.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    There's a crossroad in ECF life. We all went to shops, started friendly relationships with the owners. They make your juice for you and you buy their gear. But after a short while, after joining ECF, you start realizing the juice the shop owners make isn't quite as good as you first remember, the price on their gear seems a little less reasonable.

You start to dabble with online purchases recommended by the members on ECF and are saving money, finding great flavors from popular trusted vendors for the same price as what the shop owner makes; even learn how to make your own juice and build your own coils.

Then, after an awkward amount of time has past, you go pay your vape shop owner a visit. As soon as you lock eyes, both of you realize the relationship has been compromised. You become more smiley in kind of a chagrined manor, the shop owner is not so ready to jump to the counter like they once did. You take a casual look around, and after a half hour, you buy a five dollar drip tip and exit their shop for maybe the last time.

In the future, you will still recommend that shop to newer vapers in your community knowing once you were that starry eyed n00b.
    This is pretty much how it goes for many of us.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    If pressured into an agreement....

LOL high pressure sales tactics do not work on me. The more someone tries to pressure me into buying something the less likely I am to buy it. If they act like the "deal" is "only for you" or "only good for today" and the place isn't a big box store's advertised sale price, then they are most likely lying. If they start asking questions like "What is preventing you from buying today?", that means they are about to try to counter any hesitation you may have, so my answer usually is "I don't buy from people that try to pressure me to buy today". What can they do with that but leave you alone?

Now that is not to say that a high pressure salesman cannot be used to your advantage. If you know walking in what you want and what you are willing to pay you can let them "try" to talk you into buying right now by lowing the price right into your trap. Let them keep lowering the price almost to where you are willing to buy, then ask if they have it in a color you KNOW they don't have. See if you can get the last few bucks off the price to compensate for not getting the "color you wanted" or some other option. Sometimes you can get them to throw in "freebees" as well. In the end, he thinks he sold you something you really didn't want and still made "a few bucks" and you walk away knowing you got exactly what you wanted in the price range you wanted it. Try to NEVER make an offer though, because that shows interest and they will be less willing to drop the price. If you absolutely have to make an offer go below what you would be willing to pay. This works with all sorts of things that a salesman is allowed to negotiate price on.

Sorry I didn't mean to go off on such a long tangent. Your post just got me to thinking about sales tactics.

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Should i feel bad if I don't end up picking it up? He made fun of my ancient mod haha and told me I should get a voopoo drag like him. I said sure but now I'm having second thoughts. I'm also poor as .....
    Sounds like the making fun of your accent is just an excuse -- to me, it sounds like you are using that as an afterthought to justify not picking it up. If you were truly insulted that you should have stopped doing business then and there.

I am always about honesty -- even in difficult situations. I think people respect you more that way. If money is the issue - I would say call and tell him the truth - that you just cannot afford it and apologize. If you do really want it and money is the problem perhaps you can ask him if you can come in at a later date and give a date -- but do not do that unless you are going to be true to your word. And don't get roped into accepting something if you cannot meet the agreement or simply do not want it. Do realize though that since it is a small shop the owner is out that money until it sells.

Just be honest and do not let anyone intimidate you.

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser

In the future, you will still recommend that shop to newer vapers in your community knowing you were once that starry eyed n00b.
    Still a better love story than Twilight...

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY

Sounds like lots of past relationships. I usually say "really, it's me, not you". I know they don't believe that, but it makes me feel better.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    USA
    Personally, I don’t think this has anything to do with integrity. You didn’t sign a contract and this isn’t an expensive purchase. The owner/employee can easily sell it to someone else (although they should maybe find better sales tactics than insulting the person and bullying the customer into the gear that they personally like), they aren’t going to lose money and it doesn’t seem like a big deal.

From the way you say your interaction went, I wouldn’t pick up the mod or go back to the store. Vape stores are just businesses like any other, and if they don’t treat their customers well, they don’t deserve the customers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread