Small victory for SM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Eight Swedish Match snus products where approved by the FDA as a new legal tobacco product. All of them are in the General line. Perhaps someone can figure out which one they are. This is not the modified risk designation, but a new tobacco product designation. I guess if they kill off vaping we still have something.

The timing makes me suspicious, but..... what possible reason do I have for being suspicious of the FDA. Regardless, it is good news.

FDA issues first product marketing orders through premarket tobacco application pathway

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Did some searching and couldn't find anything about which ones were approved. But if I had to guess, I would say they'll start with the ones already available in the US. That would include Original, Mint, Wintergreen, White, Nordic, Classic, Mini Mint, and Loose. Loose isn't available everywhere, but I've found it at some specialty tobacco shops. One local shop in particular even dialed up their supplier to request different flavors and brands for me and was told that these were the only ones available to the US at this time.

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread