"Smart" Phone + Vaping = ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
"Smart" Phone + vaping =

= A wonderful way to waist time no matter what your location is, and have a great time doing it.

= Antisocial behavior. (Except when vaping in public and having to explain yourself all the time.)

= Things to tinker and fiddle with.

= A good reason to get a bottom feeder?

= Many folks here on ecf?

= An awesome new mod?!!! "The Vape Phone"

= Lots of new gadgets to spend your money on!

= Me. ALL OF MY POSTS ON ECF HAVE BEEN FROM MY PHONE, almost 300 atm... LOl lol lol.

= Some of the most sci-fi stuff around. (I mean, the world's knowledge in your pocket, and pv's are obviously futuristic...) I still want my jet pack though...

= This Thread!

Although I own a good notebook, I hardly ever use it as I have no wifi at my residence. Since getting my Droid X over a year ago, I have been doing almost all of interneting with it. Though I'm now on the X2. I'm grandfathered in with verizon's unlimited data plan. I use around 10 gigs a month, and I'm stuck with verizon, which is bad because they are too expensive. I'm waiting to see if they are going to get the Galaxy S3 since I'm up for an upgrade... Should know soon...

Plus, I like getting email notifications instantly from ecf.

Do you get email notifications from ecf on your phone?

What kind is it? (Don't say Iphone. lol, I joke of course...)

What provider?

How much data do you use?

Last edited:

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
I get Twitter updates from ECF, no email. I have a Motorola Atrix, my first smart phone, though I've had a cell phone since '98. Got it last Feb, due for an upgrade in July, not sure if I'll jump on it like I usually do. I'm actually happy with this phone. Been with AT&T, same number, since they were SWBell Wireless. Never had issues with them, but needing to up my data has made my bill way higher than I'd like it, so I'm debating whether to wait and switch to Sprint or TMobile.
Oh, and been vaping almost 2 years. Upgraded that a couple times too!

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Interesting. Two out of the first four responders on the atrix. I don't know much about it. I also don't know about this tapatalk thing that I occasionally get a pop up about? I just set dolphin browser to desktop mode and ecf works great. I use swype to write with usually, swype is totally awesome to me as I can just slide my thumb around to spell big words.

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Well, you said not to say it but I do anyways... IPhone! And yes, I get email notifications and can browse ECF's mobile friendly website and post from there, too. Right now I'm on my laptop though. :) Vaping, of course! LOL! :vapor:

And of course the other two responders on the iphone... I'll try to stay quiet about that... Bet you're on a variety of laptop known as mac also?

EDIT: I really have nothing against apple, I just like to give apple fans a hard time, because I'm a google and android fan.

Last edited:

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Oh right, the lapdock, I remember the atrix now. I heard the lapdock experience isn't that great anyway.

Also, on a vaping related note lol, one of the main reasons that I need to get over my trepidation about bottom feeders and just make one already, is that atm I have to put down my phone when I want to drip...

Edit: new bullet point added.

Last edited:

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
And of course the other two responders on the iphone... I'll try to stay quiet about that... Bet you're on a variety of laptop known as mac also?

EDIT: I really have nothing against apple, I just like to give apple fans a hard time, because I'm a google and android fan.

DD
Not an Apple owner myself. Tho I have used Macs on occasion at work.
Just traded in my blackberry a couple months ago cuz RIM seems to be on the downturn & Apple on the upturn with more apps & developers. Becoming the standard cellphone.

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Oh for sure it's on the upturn. Didn't it just pass exxon as biggest/richest publicly traded company? I do appreciate thier role as innovators, as it seems to have fallen on them to popularize new tech. I don't think the iphone is the standard phone though, for example, most phones, including all android phones, now use a common charging cable; micro usb.

loldude

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
Michigan
Well when I'm on the train or bus I'm usually just using my smartphone and my eGo stays in my pocket. That's the absolute BEAUTY of vaping: I don't crave it like I used to crave analogs. It used to be "Damn it, I'm on this long train ride and I need a smoke!" and now it's going the whole train ride and then realizing I want to vape only after I already got off the train. I don't ever feel that need to reach for it when I wake up in the morning like I did with analogs. I don't feel the need to vape every hour like I did with analogs. My smartphone keeps me distracted and I vape as more of a slightly addictive hobby. I do use 24mg liquid though, I don't know if people that use less strength feel the need to vape more. I haven't used any other strength besides 18mg and that was only to try a new flavor a friend had in that strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread